A Sad GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

[center][IMG]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa157/flipsigs/goonsgod.png[/img][/center]
On December 18th, 2010 GOD activated Article VIII of the Black Jesus Treaty. The stated reason was because GOONS "knew about" and "failed to prevent" the MK/TOP treaty, [i]The Unholy Alliance[/i].

The cancellation period has elapsed.

Let it be known that we do not harbor any animosity towards the membership of GOD. Sadly, the same cannot be said about Xiphosis.

To that end, I have prepared a statement to voice our grievance, it is as follows:

This is utterly ridiculous Xiphosis.

Now first, a clarification. I am not in any way denying your right to choose your allies or your right to cancel on who you wish, such an argument would be blatantly hypocritical in light of what I am about to say. No, what I'm going to remark on is your controlling and callous nature that led you down this path, and "forced" you to take this action.

What gives you the right to decide the FA path of others? I say this because you explicitly told me that you expected me to prevent the TOP/MK treaty when you canceled on us. Your actions imply that you see no problem with forcing not only your allies to conform with your views, but our entire side. I couldn't and can't control what MK does, and even if I could, it wouldn't be right for me to do so. What you asked of us was too much, too far. Beyond the moral impossibility of what you ask, who are you to judge who is worthy of being on our side? As the leader of an alliance which was given a second chance I believe that everybody has the right to them; nobody is beyond redemption. Who are you to deny the mere possibility that an alliance has changed or mended their ways? Why is your view superior to MK's in deciding their own policy?

I for one choose freedom. The freedom to choose my allies, but only just, never choosing allies for my allies. That does not mean I would not give advice, advising against treaties that I felt would be to all of our detriments, but you know as well as I do that's not what you did. You laid out an ultimatum, a thing you sometimes claim so fervently to hate. You told MK "them or us". If there was any doubt in MK's mind at this point, you erased it. Your brash actions made the treaty that you fought so hard against come that much quicker.

So the treaty was posted, shortly thereafter you canceled on us. I don't believe for one instant that this was merely about not wanting to be tied, however indirectly, to TOP. After all, our treaty is non-chaining, and the links from you to TOP through us is just one less alliance hop than from you to NPO. This was about power for you, it always was. You saw one of the alliances of your "side" disobeying you, and could not punish them directly, so you came to us. Wonderful. It is clear to me now how little empathy you have for your allies, you merely wish to assemble a perfect collection of alliances.

A wise man once said to treat people as ends, not merely as means to an end. Well Xiph, you are treating all of us as means to your end. I hope you realize how you treat people and mend your ways.

-Sardonic, GOONS Pilot

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This makes little Baby Jesus cr...

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1293082581' post='2551142']
TOP are satanic demons, NpO are righteous angels.
[/quote]

...oh. Well then, it's unfortunate and an unpleasant outcome nonetheless. Well said, Sardonic.