A Sad GOONS Announcement

Sardonic

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1293083967' post='2551221']
The OP...well this week I've seen ODN execute a properly timed counterattack, Sparta declare war stating more or less up front that they have no interest in profiting from it but are interested in "fun", and now GOONS have written a well thought out, reasoned post in which they articulate their position effectively, without silly pictures or attempts at lulz.

Ok people, joke's over. Where did you put my Planet Bob and where the hell am I?
[/quote]

Sigged. This gave me a good laugh. :laugh:

I do wonder what will come of this, though. I don't want to harangue either alliance as I have friends in both, so I will simply say, good luck to both sides.

Xiph's actions...totally unsurprising from my interactions with him.

The OP...well this week I've seen ODN execute a properly timed counterattack, Sparta declare war stating more or less up front that they have no interest in profiting from it but are interested in "fun", and now GOONS have written a well thought out, reasoned post in which they articulate their position effectively, without silly pictures or attempts at lulz.

Ok people, joke's over. Where did you put my Planet Bob and where the hell am I?
[/quote]

I... I...

Oh. My. God. :mellow:

[/quote]

ChairmanHal even made a witty post.

Dear lord, what the hell is going on here? :v:

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1293084263' post='2551235']
Sigged. This gave me a good laugh. :laugh:

I do wonder what will come of this, though. I don't want to harangue either alliance as I have friends in both, so I will simply say, good luck to both sides.
[/quote]

What's next, Invicta signing a treaty with Poison Clan?

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1293084078' post='2551225']
If I were in the ex-Hegemony, I'd be laughing right now. It seems NPO's strategy of laying low while those "at the top" inevitably turn on one another is working.

Surely there is some formula for the entropy and cohesion expected of power centers...?
[/quote]
Alestor's mathematicians have been working at this problem for some time in an effort to calculate the future, but sadly we have yet to have a genius with the vision to propel our project forward. :(

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1293082426' post='2551129']
As the leader of an alliance which was given a second chance I believe that everybody has the right to them; nobody is beyond redemption. Who are you to deny the mere possibility that an alliance has changed or mended their ways?
[/quote]
This is important. Xiph, if you thought those of us who have received a second chance were above giving it to another, you were quite mistaken on that one.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1293084621' post='2551248']
Sad situation all around, and for all involved.

That being said....

I knew about this months ago.
[/quote]
Five pages in, is everyone sleepy or something?

[quote name='Heyman' timestamp='1293083567' post='2551208']
This was...unexpected.

I'm going to have to say that *inhales deeply* GOONS is in the right here.
[/quote]
And? Of course GOD canceled on GOONS to preserve their foreign policy. I would cancel on someone if they signed with certain alliances as well==that's what foreign policy is, unfortunately, all the hobbyist politicians around here have no idea what foreign policy means.

GOONS didn't do anything, GOD did. They're in the right for getting canceled on? Where's the verb on GOONS's part?

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1293083739' post='2551212']
Can't say I'm a fan of the path GOD tends to take, or the alleged ultimatum that took place, but what really are you hoping will come from this?
[/quote]
Followers of various means of leaks know Sardonic is a hardcore PR Man. He's got a big mess to clean up and as this thread demonstrates, idiots will lap anything up so it's best to use it if you've got it.

[/quote]
As Jarkko said.. VERY sigable! By the by.. You're not in hell.. its GOD's country :P

[quote name='Somedude' timestamp='1293084189' post='2551233']
Everyone is making it sound like Xiph has aspergers or something.
[/quote]
Despite the obvious hilarity of Xiph being called filter-challenged..

[quote name='Venizelos' timestamp='1293084466' post='2551240']
this was a bad call from GOD and a sad day for all of CN.
[/quote]
I think GOD just beats to its own drummer... too bad he's satanic and plays death metal ;)

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1293084556' post='2551244']
Would be interested in hearing Xiphs point of view.
[/quote]
You think he'll make an appearance for the peanut gallery... doubt it.