The Doom House Accords

lebubu

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1288399043' post='2496753']
My personal and possibly uneducated guess is that MK wanted to get ride of some sensitive treaties that would cost (politically wise) them alot to cancel because they had alot of meaning or history. Cancelling them all was much easier and less painful and it's much harder for the general people to figure out who are the "excluded" partners when MK is signing them one by one at their own pace. In fact, it allows them to manage the amount of critics they get at a time to soften any resultant PR damage.
[/quote]
hmm, interesting line of thinking. It does make sense i guess, at least for one treaty....dunno about the rest.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1288402012' post='2496785']
If their intent was to manage PR damage, this was absolutely the last treaty they should have signed.
[/quote]
I honestly think this will be their last treaty. If they do sign anymore, the only other alliance i expect them to sign with is STA....

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1288415808' post='2496986']
I'll let you in on a little secret.

When people mention the pronoun Hegemony, they are referring to Pacifica and its group of allies that dominated the game from 2007 to 2009. Those alliances, in general, are still alive and kicking, despite their switch from domination to irrelevancy.

That was the literal meaning.

Or you could somehow understand the post to mean that I believe that NPO is still in control of the game. Sounds sensible!
[/quote]

Irrelevent definatly a shot across the bow. I refuse to be irrelevent.

I get it denial thanks for answering a simple question with a simple answer and not some smart ass remark. Good luck to you 3 in your future endeavors.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1288406682' post='2496822']
GOONS and Umbrella will always stand by VE, PC, FOK, and its vassal state. MK will always stand by GOONS and Umbrella. Therefore, MK will always stand by VE, PC, FOK, and its vassal state. VE, PC, FOK, and its vassal state will all stand by MK for similar reasons.

It's the transitive property of treaties, and everyone knows full well what kind of relationship exists between the signatories of this agreement. Trying to deny it is a massive stretch of logic and reality.
[/quote]
If being treatied to someone in PB means you may as well join, then it doesn't stop at MK. =LOST=, Alpha Omega, GOD, OSA, SLCB, Sparta, MHA, Argent, NV, Ragnarok, wF, Tetris, RIA, Brigade, Athens, FoB, NEW, and \m/ may as well all stop pretending and join PB too.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1288448069' post='2497242']
If being treatied to someone in PB means you may as well join, then it doesn't stop at MK. =LOST=, Alpha Omega, GOD, OSA, SLCB, Sparta, MHA, Argent, NV, Ragnarok, wF, Tetris, RIA, Brigade, Athens, FoB, NEW, and \m/ may as well all stop pretending and join PB too.
[/quote]

Ixna alkta boutta PartaSa oiningja BPa

By the way, too much hate at MK and not enough :wub: towards Brella...

Gratz guys.

I just want to say I alone have PZI around 1315 nations for having avatars deemed contra revolutionary towards the NPO. AND PROUD OF IT <----- also proof I didn't change.

We literally slaughtered MILLIONS. [b]Literally.[/b]
[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1288415808' post='2496986']When people mention the pronoun Hegemony, they are referring to Pacifica and its group of allies that dominated the game from 2007 to 2009. Those alliances, in general, are still alive and kicking, despite their switch from domination to irrelevancy.[/quote]
Why are you so mean towards alliances like FOK or Sparta, for example? I thought that was our pass time, get your own :((

Also, I am shocked about the treaties. Totally.

[/quote]

You didn't get Ragnarok's application?

Damnit HOO!

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1288454250' post='2497301']Also, I am shocked about the treaties. Totally.[/quote]
I must confess I never got the idea behind this kind of sarcasm. Of all the things to mock any given treaty for being unsurprising is surely one of the less egregious.

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1288455398' post='2497309']I must confess I never got the idea behind this kind of sarcasm. Of all the things to mock any given treaty for being unsurprising is surely one of the less egregious.[/quote]
You are right.

It will be interesting to see, if situation plays out that way, how relevant will be the non chaining parts of recent MK treaties.

[/quote]
Like i mentioned in the PB announcement thread.....where do we start and who do we talk to :P

Pretending is a lot more fun as compared to legal membership B-)

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1288424765' post='2497063']
To be honest, if your ignorance of world history is so lacking that you don't know why Denial from MK would be an authority on what and what not the hegemony did during its time, you simply aren't qualified to continue this discussion.
[/quote]Maybe he's...

B-)

In denial.

[sub][sub][sub][sub]oh god im so sorry[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sub]

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1288455567' post='2497312']
Should of stayed treatyless, least it would be of made things more interesting.
[/quote]
I would be interested in hearing your definition of the word "interesting."

[quote name='raasaa' timestamp='1288455903' post='2497317']
Like i mentioned in the PB announcement thread.....where do we start and who do we talk to :P

Pretending is a lot more fun as compared to legal membership B-)
[/quote]
Charter says you have to be sponsored by one of the existing members, then have a vote that is unanimous. :ph34r:

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1288434276' post='2497102']
Lacking ignorance would be a good thing. Unless you subscribe to the "ignorance is bliss" philosophy.
[/quote]

Ohh Geeze.

And this folks is why 4 am is for sleep and not debate, good eye Tyga :P

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1288401570' post='2496777']
"May you live in interesting times" is as much an insult as saying "I hope you die". If that wasn't what you meant, you should've picked a different phrase.
[/quote]

Or maybe I prefer to use words bluntly and not rely on colloquialisms. I prefer things to be interesting, personally. If you want to take offense, go right on ahead.