The Doom House Accords

lebubu

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1288413503' post='2496954']
He's oppressing me! Did you see him oppressing me?

(Besides the fact that I already stated I view it as nothing more than prepubescent chest-puffing)

Oh, and while we're at it, I did enjoy the "irrelevant leech on the underbelly of the Hegemony" line. I might just have to make another sig out of that, I think it's an instant classic.

Was a little confused by the "not much has changed" bit, unless Denial means to imply NPO and Co. are still running this show?
[/quote]
Loving the way you address his points!

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1288413886' post='2496956']
I'm amazed at how you can completely ignore the body of a person's post time and time again, HeroofTime.
[/quote]

He is the hero of [i]time[/i].

Fake edit: ...Yeah, that was terrible.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1288413503' post='2496954']
He's oppressing me! Did you see him oppressing me?

(Besides the fact that I already stated I view it as nothing more than prepubescent chest-puffing)

Oh, and while we're at it, I did enjoy the "irrelevant leech on the underbelly of the Hegemony" line. I might just have to make another sig out of that, I think it's an instant classic.

[b]Was a little confused by the "not much has changed" bit, unless Denial means to imply NPO and Co. are still running this show?[/b]
[/quote]
It is quite clear that the Invisible Hegemony is now in control.

Edited by Denial

[quote name='Leet Guy' timestamp='1288413886' post='2496956']
I'm amazed at how you can completely ignore the body of a person's post time and time again, HeroofTime.
[/quote]It's a talent that requires years of practice.

Sorry for not doing any or all of the following:
a) Attempting to prove a negative,
b) Addressing one single point of statistical data as if it were proof alone for a trend,
c) Taking someone's word at face value when every single person on this planet has natural biases one way or another,
d) Assuming that everything in the good old days was an evil NPO conspiracy,
e) Assuming that Denial was attacked solely based on his speech and not for other factors,
f) Being content with no provided copy of what must be thousands of existent logs of NPO bullying people into silence over private channels if the story is as terrifying as it is told.

Again, if anyone out there has logs of this sort of thing, [i]please[/i] PM them to me, I am [i]highly[/i] interested in them.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1288414795' post='2496969']
It is quite clear that the Invisible Hegemony is now in control.
[/quote]I'm still not sure what you were trying to say, my post basically implied that the seeming literal meaning was absurd, and that I wouldn't even credit you with an idea so ridiculous. I do hope I'm not mistaken in that.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1288415420' post='2496980']
I'm still not sure what you were trying to say, my post basically implied that the seeming literal meaning was absurd, and that I wouldn't even credit you with an idea so ridiculous. I do hope I'm not mistaken in that.
[/quote]
He's calling you a leech.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1288415420' post='2496980']
I'm still not sure what you were trying to say, my post basically implied that the seeming literal meaning was absurd, and that I wouldn't even credit you with an idea so ridiculous. I do hope I'm not mistaken in that.
[/quote]
I'll let you in on a little secret.

When people mention the pronoun Hegemony, they are referring to Pacifica and its group of allies that dominated the game from 2007 to 2009. Those alliances, in general, are still alive and kicking, despite their switch from domination to irrelevancy.

That was the literal meaning.

Or you could somehow understand the post to mean that I believe that NPO is still in control of the game. Sounds sensible!

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1288414797' post='2496970']
a) Attempting to prove a negative,[/quote]
Considering you appear to deny everything Revanche has said without justification, that would probably be the best course of action for you.

b) Addressing one single point of statistical data as if it were proof alone for a trend,[/quote]
So despite saying:

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1288409026' post='2496852']
Right, and NPO and friends also never attacked people just for saying things either.[/quote]

And Revanche clearly saying that he was put on a PZI list, you now need to see a [i]trend[/i] of the NPO doing it to prove such actions occurred. Let's not move the goal posts.

c) Taking someone's word at face value when every single person on this planet has natural biases one way or another,[/quote]
And yet we're supposed to take statements like this:

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1288409026' post='2496852']
NPO never really oppressed anyone else's speech, they just puffed out their chests in the same way you do now, tossing veiled threats whenever something is said that they didn't like.[/quote]

at face value. I think there might be some double standards at play here.

d) Assuming that everything in the good old days was an evil NPO conspiracy,[/quote]
Did the NPO conspire to put people on PZI lists? Well, we have one documented case in this very thread! No assumptions are needed considering it's a first hand account. Unless you are accusing Revanche of lying then I don't really see how we can be assuming anything.

e) Assuming that Denial was attacked solely based on his speech and not for other factors,[/quote]
Such as... the colour of his shirt? Is PZI acceptable when it's "Speaking against us... and being on the pink sphere?"

f) Being content with no provided copy of what must be thousands of existent logs of NPO bullying people into silence over private channels if the story is as terrifying as it is told.[/quote]
Due to being on their PZI list, I'll hazard a guess that Revanche doesn't have logs from the NPO IOs about his own PZI. And if the NPO did, i'll also guess that they probably aren't too keen to share them. Using this 'logs or gtfo' line ad nauseum is nothing more than a strawman.

[quote name='Some-Guy' timestamp='1288415831' post='2496987']
TOP had a PZI list?
[/quote]
Indeed they did. I spoke with Lemeard for an extended period of time attempting to remove myself from it, but I was told NPO and GOONS (the original version) were pressuring them to maintain my spot on said list.

Strangely enough, it was that interaction that eventually led to quite a good friendship between Lemeard and I.

Edit: I must acknowledge, however, that TOP would have been fairly lax in enforcing such a policy, if it weren't for NPO and GOONS v1. I got the feeling that while disliking me, they didn't particularly care if I was allowed to rebuild and join an alliance or not.

Edited by Denial

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1288415981' post='2496991']
Indeed they did. I spoke with Lemeard for an extended period of time attempting to remove myself from it, but I was told NPO and GOONS (the original version) were pressuring them to maintain my spot on said list.

Strangely enough, it was that interaction that eventually led to quite a good friendship between Lemeard and I.
[/quote]

Lemeard as GM?? You're far to old and your opinions are therefore irrelevant.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' timestamp='1288410785' post='2496892']
Comment about hegemony. Disparaging remark against MK's character. Barbed comment about GOONS being evil. Comment about the clingy girlfriendness and terrible fashion sense of Umbrella.

Resignation towards the future of Bob.
[/quote]

This made me smile. In a good way, really.

Also, I was actually on the PZI lists of the entire Initiative. I had to be formally removed before being able to join GOONS or NPO (as those were the two alliances with friends who were actively trying to court me at the time)

Stuff
[/quote]

To be honest, if your ignorance of world history is so lacking that you don't know why Denial from MK would be an authority on what and what not the hegemony did during its time, you simply aren't qualified to continue this discussion.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1288424765' post='2497063']
To be honest, if your ignorance of world history is so lacking that you don't know why Denial from MK would be an authority on what and what not the hegemony did during its time, you simply aren't qualified to continue this discussion.
[/quote]

Lacking ignorance would be a good thing. Unless you subscribe to the "ignorance is bliss" philosophy.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1288381235' post='2496558']
Who are you people?
[/quote]

They are the Goombremush hordes, coming to take all our treaties :mad:

[quote name='MrMuz' timestamp='1288401570' post='2496777']
[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1288399198' post='2496755']
It wasn't an insult, buckwheat. You need to give up your need to twist my words, repetitive and ego-feeding thought it is. The Kingdom wanted to shake things up - more power to y'all.
[/quote]
"May you live in interesting times" is as much an insult as saying "I hope you die". If that wasn't what you meant, you should've picked a different phrase.
[/quote]

Well guess what "buckwheats" mean in Rerollapaloozan gangster speech? [sup][color="#0000FF"]1[/color][/sup]

As for the treaty: I grudgingly bestow my blessings, despite the presence in each Alliance of some of my most worst mortal enemies ever on Bob :ph34r:

[sup][color="#0000FF"]1[/color][/sup] [i]I learned this on the moon thanks to certain purplish connections. Hello Joe :)[/i]

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1288434276' post='2497102']
Lacking ignorance would be a good thing. Unless you subscribe to the "ignorance is bliss" philosophy.
[/quote]

Oh, snap. Good eye, Tyga. :v: