Vote for CN

GearHead

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CN has around 20,000 nations... 25 volunteers could message them all in 4 days with a short message explaining why to vote and giving them the link to vote. I'd use a list like this one, parsed for names:

http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display.asp?Page=1&Order=ASC&Field=Nation_Dated

As this will ensure no duplicate messages. However, while the player base of CN could definitely be energized to go vote for something like this, it's probably not worth bothering everyone unless this is a fairly high impact thing.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1287867627' post='2491470']
CN has around 20,000 nations... 25 volunteers could message them all in 4 days with a short message explaining why to vote and giving them the link to vote. I'd use a list like this one, parsed for names:

http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_display.asp?Page=1&Order=ASC&Field=Nation_Dated

As this will ensure no duplicate messages. However, while the player base of CN could definitely be energized to go vote for something like this, it's probably not worth bothering everyone unless this is a fairly high impact thing.
[/quote]
fairly high meaning 1-3k players? higher?

[quote name='Burnsey' timestamp='1287861694' post='2491404']
Typical TORN, always settling mediocrity.
[/quote]

If you think a few more souls would in any way make CN better the way it's currently spiraling, have fun with that.

I'll be making jello shots and watching a long drawn-out death for Bob.

Edited by mythicknight

[quote name='the damned' timestamp='1287864180' post='2491427']
I voted but i know of some games that do a small benefit for voting. maybe a couple thousand dollars a day would make people vote there (as well as other game sites) more often. just a thought
[/quote]
I'd say if it's done, then an option between 2 tech, 2 land or $25,000 per day. New nations might pick the last one, old nations the first two. It would add up to 724 tech, 724 land or $9,125,000 if you vote every day. It's not much on any particular day but it'll add up thus providing the incentive.

Thing is not all of these sites will consider the votes legit if you reward players for voting. I forget what mpogd's policy is on that. Another issue is most of these websites have a vote confirmation page and in that case players can click the link thus getting the reward and simply close out the page not voting at all.

Edited by Hyperbad