Vote for CN

GearHead

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1287958512' post='2492279']
Have any of you ever heard of this site? I sure haven't. I don't think it gets enough traffic that anyone will come to CN because of it.
[/quote]

not even people from the runner up games? i would think they will be curious as to who surged past them so fast.

[quote name='im317' timestamp='1287960142' post='2492294']
not even people from the runner up games? i would think they will be curious as to who surged past them so fast.
[/quote]
Have you ever heard of those games? None of them ring bells for me, and the fact that CN beat them in the space of one day proves that this site isn't frequented often.

Voted.

The above posters do make a good point though. If we can make it to #1 in one day the site most likely won't have that much visitors (then again, every little bit helps).

I do know there are tons of similar sites out there though, maybe we should all look for one with more daily visitors and start a similar initiative there.

The initiative of this sort of movement is what's important. While it may not be the most well-known site it'll be sure to attract the attention of people who do go on it.

There must be some on there or else it wouldn't be a site :blink: and it wouldn't have ~600 votes for other games.

Have any of you ever heard of this site? I sure haven't.[/quote]
Yes, about ten years ago D:

[quote]I don't think it gets enough traffic that anyone will come to CN because of it.[/quote]
Yeah, it looks a lot more barren than it used to be, from a time when games with 40k+ players would compete there monthly and there were thousands of votes for the top ranked. The effect had is probably one of more people visiting to vote up their favorite game than anything else. Though I do personally still browse it periodically for what new browser games are around. Since they tossed in games like World of Warcraft and continue to list (nearly) defunct games I haven't bothered much.

Still, even if there is little traffic, if there are enough new unique visitors new players might be attracted. The biggest downfall to it all is the rule of one win per year which I suppose was put up to avoid the zerg rush you're all in the process of doing. I don't have access to it now but does it say once per 12 months or calendar year? I ask because if a win is achieved I'd rather see CN win December and January back to back. It would probably be a stronger statement.

Have any of you ever heard of this site? I sure haven't. I don't think it gets enough traffic that anyone will come to CN because of it.
[/quote]

It doesn't take much effort to click twice. So if we can get anything out of it, no matter how small, for such an effort, why shouldn't we do it?

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1287968345' post='2492367']
While I agree traffic to that site is a huge question mark and we might not get anything from it...it's an effort isnt it? Atleast we're trying...
[/quote]
We should try harder. We should or Admin should get a 30 second commercial on Super Bowl Sunday :P

Alexa's ranking of the old site: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/mpogd.com

Anways I found a better site that ranks higher with Alexa. [color="#FF0000"]Vote for CN on the new site:[/color] http://www.xtremetop100.com/in.php?site=1132313712

Here is the new sites Alexa Ranking: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/xtremetop100.com

Edited by King Death II

I clicked the bit that said:

[font="Verdana"][size="3"][color="black"][font="Verdana"][size="2"][color="black"][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][quote][font="Verdana"][size="3"][color="black"][font="Verdana"][size="2"][color="black"][Please click [url="http://www.xtremetop100.com/"]here[/url] if you have been tricked.][/color][/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/quote]

On account of I was :mad:

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1287966745' post='2492345']
The initiative of this sort of movement is what's important. While it may not be the most well-known site it'll be sure to attract the attention of people who do go on it.

There must be some on there or else it wouldn't be a site :blink: and it wouldn't have ~600 votes for other games.
[/quote]

This.

Also, I would encourage the quest to find more sites like this where we can go as a group and promote our game. If anybody finds more sites, I'd be happy to put them in the OP. :)

[quote name='King Death II' timestamp='1287979291' post='2492546']
Anways I found a better site that ranks higher with Alexa. [color="#FF0000"]Vote for CN on the new site:[/color] http://www.xtremetop100.com/in.php?site=1132313712[/quote]
This one has the same issue, the highly ranked games are small scale and no one plays them.