Vote for CN

GearHead

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I started keeping track CN has lost an average of just under 15 people a day, today CN has a net gain of 10 members. Who knows if this is related to this contest, if it is I would assume we'd see this pattern continue. Even then it wouldn't prove a direct correlation, and there would be no way to prove it either.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1287998565' post='2492661']
This one has the same issue, the highly ranked games are small scale and no one plays them.
[/quote]

I disagree. First, Alexa says they are in the top 5000 sites in the world for hits they get. Also I play a game that is listed on their site and that said game has over 100,000 players. Their top ranking game has over 14k votes so they are piles more popular than the site in the OP. You guys asked for a new better traffic site and I delivered. I think it would be best if we voted for it.

Edited by King Death II

[quote name='King Death II' timestamp='1288043488' post='2493088']
I disagree. First, Alexa says they are in the top 5000 sites in the world for hits they get. Also I play a game that is listed on their site and that said game has over 100,000 players. Their top ranking game has over 14k votes so they are piles more popular than the site in the OP. You guys asked for a new better traffic site and I delivered. I think it would be best if we voted for it.
[/quote]
Alexa isn't accurate for low volume sites because it relies on people downloading and using its toolbar. And most of those games have far fewer people than CN in them, finding a single game with over 100,000 players on the list doesn't prove anything.

I think we should vote for King Death's too. Who cares if the traffic isn't extremely high. Every little bit counts.

And quite frankly, it's probably better than the one I posted anyways, even if only slightly. :)

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1288151384' post='2494036']
We are 74 on KD's link and is it just me or did CN just become a "Gold Member" on that link?
[/quote]

Yea I got 7 days free as a gold member on it for registering CN on their site. Pretty cool I guess :P

Also R3nowned, if we become the rank 1 game on their entire site (we would need more than 15000 votes) we could get up to a few hundred thousand hits coming to CN. On their home page, http://www.xtremetop100.com/ it shows their rank 1 site to have over 170k hits to their site.

Edited by King Death II