Pandora's Box

supercoolyellow

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1286151208' post='2473624']
Wow so you've been around for a whole month. You are clearly knowledgable and informed and know so much about Sparta, and their years of history before you were even here.
[/quote]

You don't have to be around for years to know Sparta is terrible. :v:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286149814' post='2473598']
Ahahahahahahahahaha

That really would be the best piece of political manoeuvring, ever. This is where, if I wasn't in one of the listed alliances, I would say 'hats off if it were true' or something, because that really would be brilliant.
[/quote]I have a hard time believing you're comfortable being tied to all those alliances, Bob.

[quote name='cookavich' timestamp='1286151849' post='2473632']
I have a hard time believing you're comfortable being tied to all those alliances, Bob.
[/quote]

He is. And when people finally call for its downfall he'll say how he was opposed to it all along.

It's definitely Kerberos Nexus. They're the secret member. :o

I love how everyone's throwing this out of proportion, if there's gonna be a bloc, there is. If not, then too bad. And if you don't like them, deal with it. Also, I would like to see who would be able to roll all of the alliances in OP.

Wow so you've been around for a whole month. You are clearly knowledgable and informed and know so much about Sparta, and their years of history before you were even here. Or maybe you're talking out of your ass and copying HoT because you're a cool kid and imitation is all you're capable of.
[/quote]

I've heard stories!

Edited by Jay Z

[quote name='cookavich' timestamp='1286151849' post='2473632']
I have a hard time believing you're comfortable being tied to all those alliances, Bob.
[/quote]

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1286151970' post='2473634']
He is. And when people finally call for its downfall he'll say how he was opposed to it all along.
[/quote]

What's there to be uncomfortable about? I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of PC, but if they get attacked I'm defending them anyway, so I'm not going to get all up in arms and get pissy about it.

Edited by Mr Damsky

They're treatied to 3 C&G members, 3 SF members, treatied to the largest alliance in the game, the alliance with the most ridiculously powerful upper tier in the game, and in the NOIR, the largest collection of NS in the game. They tie SF and C&G together and are for all intents and purposes, untouchable. Yes, they are a heavy hitter. Also, before you go crying that I'm a Spartan lapdog or suckup, I was the guy who posted the DoW on them last war that dropped 15 million NS on them. I have my own personal history/issues with Sparta, but to dispute the fact that they are a "heavy hitter" is laughable
[/quote]
Having treaties doesn't make you a heavy hitter.

It isn't the grouping I would have picked out if given a free choice, but I'm far, far more comfortable with this than I was with Continuum. (I don't actually run VE and hand-pick our FA :P.) I doubt that this bloc will be aggressive and amoral like that one was always likely to be with the alliances in it. People will call for its downfall (if it exists :awesome: ) because it would be strong and because people like to complain about everything, not because it will be randomly rolling alliances in aggressive wars.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286153600' post='2473658']
It isn't the grouping I would have picked out if given a free choice, but I'm far, far more comfortable with this than I was with Continuum. (I don't actually run VE and hand-pick our FA :P.) I doubt that this bloc will be aggressive and amoral like that one was always likely to be with the alliances in it. People will call for its downfall (if it exists :awesome: ) because it would be strong and because people like to complain about everything, not because it will be randomly rolling alliances in aggressive wars.
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAAHA!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Please pass over whatever you are smoking. I hated the Continuum as much as you (me and Sponge both laughed when Dilber tried to talk us into joining it), but to say a grouping with PC and GOONS won't be as aggressive is a funny joke.

You need to stop buying into your own propaganda, it isn't good for your health.

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1286154010' post='2473671']
HAHAHAHAHAAHA!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Please pass over whatever you are smoking. I hated the Continuum as much as you (me and Sponge both laughed when Dilber tried to talk us into joining it), but to say a grouping with PC and GOONS won't be as aggressive is a funny joke.

You need to stop buying into your own propaganda, it isn't good for your health.
[/quote]
Not going to disagree with you about anything pertaining to this bloc, however Dilber was going to leave GGA/Polar because it was a bargaining chip for Gremlins.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1286154138' post='2473674']
Not going to disagree with you about anything pertaining to this bloc, however Dilber was going to leave GGA/Polar because it was a bargaining chip for Gremlins.
[/quote]
Initially yes, but Dilber had a one on one talk with Sponge and I that eventually he wanted Polar and GGA in Continuum and Sponge and I both said it would be a cold day in hell after the WUT situation.

Edited by Bilrow

[quote name='Bilrow' timestamp='1286154217' post='2473675']
Initially yes, but Dilber had a one on one talk with Sponge and I that eventually he wanted Polar and GGA in Continuum and Sponge and I both said it would be a cold day in hell after the WUT situation.
[/quote]
One wonders why Dilber would invite NpO, considering he was supposedly working to isolate them at the same time.

New GOONS are no old GOONS (I believe that's been argued in several places already, and while you might still not believe it, those of us who have talked to them quite a bit are fairly confident in it). PC haven't started an aggressive war (tech raids don't count, even if I disagree with them) since ... Karma, I guess, and they were joining the defensive coalition then. There may be several rather loud and pro-raiding alliances in this proposal but there is no NPO, no Valhalla, no TPF (all 2007 editions before current members of those alliances think I'm taking a shot at the current version).

[/quote]
You've proven me wrong through private means. Thanks for the corrections.

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1286154505' post='2473679']
One wonders why Dilber would invite NpO, considering he was supposedly working to isolate them at the same time.
[/quote]

Isolation came 4-5 months later when I was no longer GGA and in New Pacific Order.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1286153600' post='2473658']
[/quote]

:lol1: Well, it was only a matter of time until Bobby J took up the "Not as bad as the NPO" line of argumentation.

They're treatied to 3 C&G members, 3 SF members, treatied to the largest alliance in the game, the alliance with the most ridiculously powerful upper tier in the game, and in the NOIR, the largest collection of NS in the game. They tie SF and C&G together and are for all intents and purposes, untouchable. Yes, they are a heavy hitter. Also, before you go crying that I'm a Spartan lapdog or suckup, I was the guy who posted the DoW on them last war that dropped 15 million NS on them. I have my own personal history/issues with Sparta, but to dispute the fact that they are a "heavy hitter" is laughable
[/quote]Their allies are heavy hitters. They are a link, a tie between the blocs, for sure. But Sparta itself is a terrible alliance, only held aloft by the strength of their allies. They're traitorous cowards as the Karma war proved. That's why they surround themselves with the top tier alliances (In terms of political and military strength), it's the only way they can survive. When this ship starts to sink, Sparta will be first in line to jump off and find new allies.

All in all, considering how terrible Sparta is, I am surprised to see they weren't invited to this bloc.

[quote name='Tarikmo' timestamp='1286130444' post='2473207']
That was my suggestion for it's name!
[/quote]

STA's suggestion as !@#$ Alliances United but on the proviso it included GOD and Valhalla. Whereby the first word means guano.

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1286156136' post='2473710']
Their allies are heavy hitters. They are a link, a tie between the blocs, for sure. But Sparta itself is a terrible alliance, only held aloft by the strength of their allies. They're traitorous cowards as the Karma war proved. That's why they surround themselves with the top tier alliances (In terms of political and military strength), it's the only way they can survive. When this ship starts to sink, Sparta will be first in line to jump off and find new allies.

All in all, considering how terrible Sparta is, I am surprised to see they weren't invited to this bloc.
[/quote]

The point that they were a tie between blocs was really all I was trying to make in the first post. This bloc contains all the notable alliances that tie together SF and C&G, sans Sparta. I suppose I phrased it poorly with the term "heavy hitter"

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1286155999' post='2473706']
And it is only a matter of time before someone argues the opposite, will you volunteer for this duty?
[/quote]

ahh no way, I'm just waiting for Electron Sponge to be resurrected and turn GOONS&Genmay 2.0 into endless tech farms :v:

It'd be fitting.

[/quote]
Interesting tidbit. I am somewhat curious if he let you in on how he would pull off getting you guys in given that both alliances were intensely disliked by half the bloc.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1286156380' post='2473717']
STA's suggestion as [b]!@#$ Alliances United [/b]but on the proviso it included GOD and Valhalla. Whereby the first word means guano.
[/quote]

We must provide an [b]Arsenal [/b]to defend ourselves. :D