Announcement from the New Sith Order

heggo

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1284330722' post='2451554']
I'm going to go out on a limb and congratulate NSO on this one. Both for canceling on IRON and getting rid of Fernando when you did.
[/quote]

We need you on IRC, Fyfe.

Also, good luck to all involved parties and what not.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1284330648' post='2451552']
[color="#0000FF"]It has never been any secret that TOP is the one calling the shots over at IRON. Are you going to ask me to prove that the sky is blue next?

And Gamemaster, I've given you more than enough evidence. Whether or not you choose to accept it is up to you, but anyone can tell you that so called facts can be used to prove or disprove anything, regardless of what the truth is. No, I do not need any of that to prove me right. [b]I am true on virtue alone, and that is that is needed.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

The sky is blue.

Hey, one fact per post again...this seems like a common theme with you.

You haven't given evidence and you know it.

And the "I'm right because I am" argument, really? That one isn't a fact either, sorry.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' timestamp='1284331549' post='2451578']
The sky is blue.

Hey, one fact per post again...this seems like a common theme with you.

You haven't given evidence and you know it.

And the "I'm right because I am" argument, really? That one isn't a fact either, sorry.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]We gave IRON the benefit of the doubt in regards to that log, however, you never gave straight answers when approached, and suggested that the treaty was not all that popular. Overtime it became quite clear you valued RnR and TOP much more than us, and clearly you thought us too risky and a liability to your plan of kissing up to the power structure. That's fine. To each their own, but if you haven't the courage to say the truth, I will. And it has been said, and nothing you can say will make it any less right.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1284331803' post='2451585']
[color="#0000FF"]We gave IRON the benefit of the doubt in regards to that log, however, you never gave straight answers when approached, and suggested that the treaty was not all that popular. Overtime it became quite clear you valued RnR and TOP much more than us, and clearly you thought us too risky and a liability to your plan of kissing up to the power structure. That's fine. To each their own, but if you haven't the courage to say the truth, I will. And it has been said, and nothing you can say will make it any less right.[/color]
[/quote]
You're right, we did think you risky and a liability when you took stupid risks and acted like a liability. Makes sense.

Hey look, one fact per post. Again.

[quote name='Gamemaster1' timestamp='1284332141' post='2451594']
You're right, we did think you risky and a liability when you took stupid risks and acted like a liability. Makes sense.

Hey look, one fact per post. Again.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]And also you've been more loyal to SF via RnR and TOP for awhile now, being that they're now in power, and IRON loves a winner. Doesn't have to stand alone then. Has a big daddy to tell it what to do.

Look, one fact! One undeniable fact.[/color]

Looks to me like IRON got given a nice gift here. They're generally pretty good allies (too good, one might say – IRON's 'hegemonic' nature was generally actions taken at the request of less scrupulous allies), and would undoubtedly have provided cash and kept a military tie that would probably have got them into trouble in the future. Now that NSO have gone ahead and cancelled on them, they don't have that liability any more. (They're still tied to TOP and to R&R which could lead to some interesting situations in future depending on TOP's FA strategy, but that's a much less immediate danger than a treaty with NSO.)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1284332359' post='2451601']
...they're now in power...
Look, one fact! One undeniable fact.
[/quote]
You're right, Superfriends is in power! One undeniable fact. Strange how this works out so well.

Anyways, this conversation is not getting former allies anywhere. I'm exiting it. My points have been made.

Edited by Gamemaster1

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1284332730' post='2451616']
As much as I love fluffy allusions, rumors autotuned into plots, and parroting of old lines, you're not doing anyone any favors trying to antagonize IRON, RV.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What, is TORN going to do something about it? Do I have a preemptive strike to worry about? Please, go ahead and try.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1284332833' post='2451617']
[color="#0000FF"]What, is TORN going to do something about it? Do I have a preemptive strike to worry about? Please, go ahead and try.[/color]
[/quote]

I was agreeing with your Emeritus's statement [s]above mine[/s] earlier on this page. And I don't take too kindly to insult to my honor. I won't be forgetting this anytime soon.

Edited by mythicknight

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1284331514' post='2451577']
[color="#0000FF"]MK. You can congratulate MK. They're clearly the winners here.[/color]
[/quote]

Ohhhh [i]that Archon[/i], never ceases to be devious with his political manipulations!

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1284329694' post='2451530']
We actually received that comment from several sources and it was indeed our reasoning behind inviting R&R along in the attack. The comment seemed to us as if IRON were hinting that they'd stay out should R&R come in. At the time, we were having a hard time covering NSO's middle tiers and needed someone to take a handful of targets. We were undecided on who to ask, but based on what we were shown, R&R became the obvious choice. We received this comment long before the NSO started going into peace mode and indicated, to us at least, that IRON were aware of our plan to attack the NSO and wished to stay out of it.

In speaking with the NSO and explaining why we used the strategy that we did, we made them aware of all of this. They told me that it could have been taken out of context and isn't much to go on. Therefore, I think it is safe to say that the decision to cancel was not based solely on that one comment but most-likely was made due to a variety of other issues, that comment only being one of them. Obviously when the NSO approached you about it, they did not like your response. However, I base my last assumption on commentary in this very thread alone.
[/quote]

ouch. Pretty damning. I expected better, is all I'll say IRON.

Edited by KainIIIC

[quote name='mythicknight' timestamp='1284332965' post='2451620']
I was agreeing with your Emeritus's statement [s]above mine[/s] earlier on this page. And I don't take too kindly to insult to my honor. I won't be forgetting this anytime soon.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, I won't be forgetting this either. I've quite a few choice words to say about TORN mind you. When I've got your alliance it's throat, don't expect me to be kind. You will be begging me for mercy.[/color]

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1284326604' post='2451453']
Planned aid fall? If there was a planned aid fall, why didn't I hear about it? I am the Master of Proliferation, so you would think I would be informed about things concerning money...
[/quote]

talk to LintWad and Lennox, you were not around

as for the complete logs, no one, including myself seem to have them. well i guess hoo does, you believed him over IRON. but like it was said, no love loss here, and good riddance.

I don't know why some of us and IRON are being so hostile in this thread, but whatever.

Regardless, this was a mutual agreement between our two alliances. IRON informed us that the majority of their membership was pro-cancellation. Since we decided that talking and arguing in circles was not working, we just decided that cancellation was the best course of action at the moment.