There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

It seems this thread has had almost a reverse-psychology effect. Instead of agglutination, we instead have fragmentation. :blink: (Within the last couple days)

But then again, who knows? We might have a few disbandments and/or mergers to make up for it. :P

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1280811637' post='2399182']
It seems this thread has had almost a reverse-psychology effect. Instead of agglutination, we instead have fragmentation. :blink: (Within the last couple days)

But then again, who knows? We might have a few disbandments and/or mergers to make up for it. :P
[/quote]

Certain times of year always show a rise in the number of alliance DoE's. The End of Summer, Beginning of Winter Break, Beginning of Spring Break and the Beginning of Summer are the times I've seen the most DoE's.

[quote name='Mussolandia' timestamp='1280810377' post='2399134']
Did you add Chris Kaos' latest collection of failure to your list of alliances that must disband?
[/quote]
Nearly all of my old "enemies" have wished me well in this new endeavor. I find it rather mystifying that you wouldn't do the same, considering it has been more than three years since I had had any contact with this game, and goodness knows how long since you and I spoke directly.

Not only are your barbs unsuccessful in any sense of the word, but they make you look extremely petty. Perhaps you should go back to wherever it was you were hiding.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280810533' post='2399141']
I only listed the top 80 alliances. I'm actually hoping he'll be able to stir some excitement with that project.
[/quote]
Thank you, Dopp.

Edited by Chris Kaos

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1280808433' post='2399093']
Really we would be okay with having over 200 alliances if Admin would advertise and get CN about, say, 15,000 new players.

Inevitably this community will rot and die if nothing is done to preserve it. We're under 23,000 for the first time during my time on Planet Bob.
[/quote]

[OOC]I suspect that CN is purposely being tanked by admin. No new changes, no new promotion. CN is going down "The Road"[OOC]

edited because I am not sure....

Edited by Lenny N Karl

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1280617093' post='2396451']
Yeah no. Lets talk about the spirit here. You guys accused TPF of spying and were readying to go to war with them a few months prior to when Continuum ended. You did this with very little evidence, and suddenly brought it up. This was inspite of your leadership being active in the Continuum leadership channel every night with TPF.

In response to plenty of rumors about another bloc forming to counter Continuum, you completely denied that this was happening and announced your intention to stay in Continuum. You kept this up until you announced you were leaving to form a new bloc under the exact specifications people asked about. So to act as though you were in the dark until the last minute is laughable. On top of that we've heard from plenty of other people involved in that you guys were all for making a bloc designed to be against the NPO.

Pretty much everyone on all sides of the political spectrum know and freely acknowledge what you did, those on the SG side just think that you were smart by picking them as the winning team. That doesn't change that fact that you guys betrayed the NPO and your Q allies solely to try and get some more influence for your alliance.
[/quote]
This is the first I've ever heard of those suspicions from Sparta... are you perhaps confusing Sparta thinking TPF was spying with the Sparta thinking Valhalla was spying incident?

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1280808433' post='2399093']
Really we would be okay with having over 200 alliances if Admin would advertise and get CN about, say, 15,000 new players.

Inevitably this community will rot and die if nothing is done to preserve it. We're under 23,000 for the first time during my time on Planet Bob.
[/quote]

I can see the concerns about wanting more players, but I still don't get the argument that less alliances would be any better. For one thing, if you move all those "boring people" from all the "boring alliances" into the remaining AAs, won't they just make them more boring? You might increase internal strife, but I doubt you will increase the number of alliance wars.

I also don't buy that argument that "back when the treaty web was manageable and there were fewer alliances, we had more wars". A couple people have already said somewhere in this thread that times were different then. Nations could rebuild quickly and get right back into the thick of things, nukes did more relative damage, warchests were smaller, wonders had not proliferated(i.e.: the MP),etc., etc.. It's an apples & oranges situation.

When I first came here, the thought of being able to catch up with the larger nations/alliances was completely daunting. Nowadays it is probably that much worse. When a person or alliance has to put in a year of growth just to even be considered a pawn on the board, how many will see it through? Granted, there are some things a bunch of newbies can do to actually contribute, but most of them will probably not realise it.

Again, I don't see any reason why the number of alliances should matter. What we need to do here is dig up Macbeth's wife, clone her, and marry her off to a leader in every one of the sanctioned AAs. Better yet, the 20 or so AAs directly under them. :P

[quote name='mhawk' timestamp='1280861252' post='2399729']
This is the first I've ever heard of those suspicions from Sparta... are you perhaps confusing Sparta thinking TPF was spying with the Sparta thinking Valhalla was spying incident?
[/quote]
Valhalla sounds familiar... i don't personally remember a TPF spying thing back then; i wasn't privy to much karma intel though, for reasons considered lulzy to me.

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' timestamp='1280864250' post='2399799']
Valhalla sounds familiar... i don't personally remember a TPF spying thing back then; i wasn't privy to much karma intel though, for reasons considered lulzy to me.
[/quote]
As far as I can remember, it was an accusation by Hyperion against Valhalla, not TPF

Vox spy intel ftw.

Edited by Earogema

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1280861528' post='2399736']
This thread has gotten a bit stale since the king of Sparta stopped posting imo.
[/quote]

His handlers told him to stop posting like an idiot. So he had to stop posting entirely.

[quote name='Defiant' timestamp='1280850686' post='2399534']
you lose credit when you say Valhalla shouldnt disband.

Other than that, quite a funny thread and probably hits on a valid point
[/quote]
Lemme check real quick do to popular opinion Valhalla will disband as soon as admin in his wisdom pulls the plug, so now at least you have a date that your wish will be granted.

The issue doesn't have anything to do with how many or how few alliances there are. The fact is that there are many, many more options for these types of online games these days (stupid facebook farms, etc.), and they're much more visible and accessible than CN at the moment.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1280947639' post='2400877']
One of the main ones I disagree with is the Viridian Entente. They need to go back to being disbanded. Zombies get out.
[/quote]
Some dead alliances after coming back perhaps should have stayed dead. VE definitely does not fit that description.

You may dislike them JB, but they are a successful alliance. Well connected and sanctioned and with perhaps (IMO) one of the most intelligent people here (Bob Janova).

Gotta say VE is perhaps the only? alliance which has reached a good level of success post-reform and regained political and pixel capital relatively to a decent extent compared to pre-disbandment, whether trick or treat, that will remain a topic of debate, regardless, many alliances reform and are meh.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1280957754' post='2401005']
Gotta say VE is perhaps the only? alliance which has reached a good level of success post-reform and regained political and pixel capital relatively to a decent extent compared to pre-disbandment, whether trick or treat, that will remain a topic of debate, regardless, many alliances reform and are meh.
[/quote]

I think we can include \m/ and GOONS who even if they aren't powerful as the first ones they contribute for OWF drama and \m/ helped to start a great war.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1280956230' post='2400988']
Some dead alliances after coming back perhaps should have stayed dead. VE definitely does not fit that description.

You may dislike them JB, but they are a successful alliance. Well connected and sanctioned and with perhaps (IMO) one of the most intelligent people here (Bob Janova).
[/quote]

Puppets of the SuperFriends and puppet masters of all but maybe one or two Green alliances. It's disgusting the state the sphere is in.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1280963447' post='2401086']
Puppets of the SuperFriends and puppet masters of all but maybe one or two Green alliances. It's disgusting the state the sphere is in.
[/quote]

The state of the sphere is strong. Thanks for your contribution.

[/quote]

It's much better now that GGA is off of it.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[/quote]

Green is in the state of emergency after you left, please come back and save us.