There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

[quote name='wilhelm the demented' timestamp='1280736864' post='2398162']
Oh come now! Don't act like it hasn't been your foreign policy for years! The NPO only holds it's allies in high esteem so long as they remain useful to them, assuming they pose no conceivable threat to their seat of power. Yeah, yeah you don't have such a high seat of power anymore, so you've had to change it up a bit, no?[/quote]

Fortunately for me, you have the burden of proof for proving how the NPO pushed its allies around. Throwing blanket statements around like "NPO DID THIS, NPO DID THAT" is easy for those with lackluster skills.

[quote]I'm happy for you, I really am. Thank you for validating my comment right after you tried to debunk it. You're simply brilliant.[/quote]

Thank you for the compliment. I'm not sure if I could return the favor, but thanks.

Notice that I said things worked out the way [i]I[/i] wanted. If I said [i]we[/i], then maybe you would have a case for making it look like the NPO bossed its allies around. Unfortunately, you don't, for I was not speaking on behalf of my alliance. Good try though.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' timestamp='1280771980' post='2398570']
You agree with Trinitie's point while you just aligned with BRIG. You and BRIG may be friends, but there will come a day when you'll be approached with the request to defend us, through BRIG, against your other friends. :ehm:
[/quote]

Hence the "even alliances with few treaties can get stuck between friends that don't like each other." ;)

Not saying I personally don't like Sparta (I must admit, trivia in Sparta chan was fun times... lol Brian and KA), but there may be friends of TOOL's who do not - heck, there might be those that don't like Brigade (God forbid, Brig is :awesome: ). And inversely, there may be other friends of Brigade's that might not like TOOL.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1280783992' post='2398792']
We should just stop granting alliances protectorate. I would ask that any alliance that supports our views to join us in a crusade of unholy justice against these micro alliances.
[/quote]

Unfortunately there's always someone out there willing to be a protector, if only in the hope of picking up some of the pieces later on.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1280784549' post='2398798']
Unfortunately there's always someone out there willing to be a protector, if only in the hope of picking up some of the pieces later on.
[/quote]

Your alliance, for example, protects an 'alliance' that consists of 5 people.

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' timestamp='1280784720' post='2398800']
Your alliance, for example, protects an 'alliance' that consists of 5 people.
[/quote]

Oh believe me, I know. Even the evil Nordreich, when given the choice between protecting and absorbing, chooses the former.

What's the world coming to? :(

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1280784327' post='2398797']
All I got from this thread is that the New Sith Order should disband.
[/quote]

One more Spartan member join the whining party!

"You said that my alliance should disband? NO! UR ALLIANCE IS THE ONE THAT SHOULD DISBAND!"

^_^

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1280787606' post='2398856']
One more Spartan member join the whining party!

"You said that my alliance should disband? NO! UR ALLIANCE IS THE ONE THAT SHOULD DISBAND!"

^_^
[/quote]
What a boring argument. Disband.

(hopefully this never turns into a meme)

I was just coming in here to point out that at least the new alliances have gotten absolutely hated on from every direction. That's a good first step, right?

Once I initiate my new [s]alliance[/s] global movement there'll be a lot fewer micro alliances, I can almost guarantee. But the less said for now the better :ph34r:

There are definitely too many alliances. Too many small alliances with no ineterest in alliance politics. Too many dead alliances drudged up by a mere fraction of those originally involved who becaome hiding places for older players. All power to them, but it takes a lot of the players away from the central area of play into their own little world, groups of alliances, blocs, whatever you want to call them, and the overall political landscape suffers.

EDIT: o/ Sparta.

Edited by Kowalski

[quote name='Opethian' timestamp='1280794157' post='2398936']
I'm afraid that disbanding the PPF would be impossible. Admin simply will not allow it. Also because the PPF lacks a bit in the "banding" to begin with....
[/quote]

PPF: A CN institution. Stays.

Really we would be okay with having over 200 alliances if Admin would advertise and get CN about, say, 15,000 new players.

Inevitably this community will rot and die if nothing is done to preserve it. We're under 23,000 for the first time during my time on Planet Bob.

[quote name='Chimaera' timestamp='1280808433' post='2399093']
Really we would be okay with having over 200 alliances if Admin would advertise and get CN about, say, 15,000 new players.

Inevitably this community will rot and die if nothing is done to preserve it. We're under 23,000 for the first time during my time on Planet Bob.
[/quote]
Well when they come, they will form another 200 alliances, so might as well clear up some alliances for a repetitive reason, now disband.

[quote name='Mussolandia' timestamp='1280809760' post='2399112']
This is Doppelganger's greatest achievement. Congratulations!
[/quote]

MOTHER$%&@ING MUSSOLANDIA! My favorite Argentinian! Also the only one I know so you win by default. Hi!

[quote name='Mussolandia' timestamp='1280810377' post='2399134']
Did you add Chris Kaos' latest collection of failure to your list of alliances that must disband?
[/quote]

I only listed the top 80 alliances. I'm actually hoping he'll be able to stir some excitement with that project.