A Final sMASHing Announcement

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I was simply going to come in and give my condolences to M*A*S*H for having to choose merging over continuing on(it's almost the same as a disbandment if you look at it one way), but someone mentioned their past as ONOS and it reminded me of their DoW during Karma. For such an anti-NPO group, how did they end up merging with Legion, considering that alliance's recent history with NPO?

I'm sure Legion will treat you right though, and I have always enjoyed the few talks I had with M*A*S*H members, so I will wish you and Legion all the best with this move. :)

Figure I would field a few of these comments

[quote name='Wadsworth' date='26 June 2010 - 01:07 PM' timestamp='1277572054' post='2351049']
Bye MASH. On behalf of Umbrella, sorry about wrecking your !@#$ in that last war.
[/quote]

Don't worry, you weren't the lone reason M*A*S*H ended up merging, it has been a long time coming. This has been talked about for a while, just now that almost all the original gov is gone it happened.

[quote name='Kevanovia' date='26 June 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1277573501' post='2351058']
2) What were you thinking with Legion? They have some good ministers, but overall the leadership is...used to being lapdogs rather than being their own sovereign alliance. They were so used to grabbing onto NPO's pantleg after Purplegate, that once NPO got rolled they didn't know how to act or what to do. Oh the IRONy. But as I said earlier, their are some real quality members in Legion. (Yes Lincongrad, youse da best) So hopefully your members will add to the quality members in Legion and help it become more of a quality alliance.
[/quote]

Merged into Legion because they have been a good ally of M*A*S*H, are in the purple sphere, and because is has been an offer from both alliances to merge.

[quote name='Mirreille' date='26 June 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1277600659' post='2351430']
You know, I was simply going to come in and give my condolences to M*A*S*H for having to choose merging over continuing on(it's almost the same as a disbandment if you look at it one way), but someone mentioned their past as ONOS and it reminded me of their DoW during Karma. For such an anti-NPO group, how did they end up merging with Legion, considering that alliance's recent history with NPO?

I'm sure Legion will treat you right though, and I have always enjoyed the few talks I had with M*A*S*H members, so I will wish you and Legion all the best with this move. :)
[/quote]

Though M*A*S*H was formed by ONOS members, the hatred from the ONOS members that were in M*A*S*H was not vocal and calmed over time. At this point, there is only a hand full of ONOS members left in M*A*S*H (Fits, Flonker, PP, Bedford, Vendetta that I can think of right off) and they are all inactive at this point.

I must say it is sad to see M*A*S*H put to rest, but it is nice to see it finally taken off life support. I was there for two solid years but in recent times it had slipped. I'll miss the boards and community we had. It is sad to see so much work end like this. I will always keep my M*A*S*H buddies close.

o/M*A*S*H

[quote name='wickedj' date='26 June 2010 - 06:53 PM' timestamp='1277592804' post='2351306']
What exactly is there to be jealous of? Deadweight? Being mocked at every available chance? being on a sphere thats a joke?
[/quote]
No but you seem to be the only one doing the mocking.

Ahh its not a true Legion thread until the trolls and morons come out of the woodwork to make fools of themselves by spouting useless, outdated flames and generally pretending that they know us. Hai guise :P

Also, MASH and The Legion have always been close; from MASH's formation (I believe we were their protector at one time), through every war since, and that continues today. MASH was one of the most honorable allies The Legion has ever had; they stuck by us when virtually no one else would. I'm saddened to see this chapter in MASH's history end, but I'm excited to start a new one with my new Legion brothers and sisters.

Ave Legio!
O/ MASH!
Ave stupid trolls!

[quote name='assarax' date='27 June 2010 - 12:25 PM' timestamp='1277655911' post='2351936']
Ahh its not a true Legion thread until the trolls and morons come out of the woodwork to make fools of themselves by spouting useless, outdated flames and generally pretending that they know us. Hai guise :P

Also, MASH and The Legion have always been close; from MASH's formation (I believe we were their protector at one time), through every war since, and that continues today. MASH was one of the most honorable allies The Legion has ever had; they stuck by us when virtually no one else would. I'm saddened to see this chapter in MASH's history end, but I'm excited to start a new one with my new Legion brothers and sisters.

Ave Legio!
O/ MASH!
Ave stupid trolls!
[/quote]

Yeah, the trolls usually have the wait for another Legion member to be run out of the alliance by insults before they can get really good insights into Legion. Luckily for us that just happened.

P.S. Did they stick by you in Karma when they were virtually the only Purple alliance fighting on Karma's side?

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' date='27 June 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1277660026' post='2352011']
Yeah, the trolls usually have the wait for another Legion member to be run out of the alliance by insults before they can get really good insights into Legion. Luckily for us that just happened.

P.S. Did they stick by you in Karma when they were virtually the only Purple alliance fighting on Karma's side?
[/quote]

You saw a thread on the OWF and you know so much about us, wow, how do you do it?

[quote name='Mirreille' date='26 June 2010 - 07:04 PM' timestamp='1277600659' post='2351430']
[/quote]

Mostly, because they've been one of our closest allies since way the hell back when. War in, war out, we've always been there for each other, even though sometimes we didn't care much for their politics. Hey, Legion was [b]FAMILY[/b].

[quote name='dran129' date='26 June 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1277618289' post='2351680']

Though M*A*S*H was formed by ONOS members, the hatred from the ONOS members that were in M*A*S*H was not vocal and calmed over time. At this point, there is only a hand full of ONOS members left in M*A*S*H (Fits, Flonker, PP, Bedford, Vendetta that I can think of right off) and they are all inactive at this point.
[/quote]

Yeah, even [b]*I*[/b] got over my kneejerk hatred of NPO after the Karma War.

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='26 June 2010 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1277584191' post='2351187']
Had some great times with Flonker, sad to see the flag lowered.
[/quote]

o7 Schatt!!

[quote name='Amos Malachi' date='26 June 2010 - 07:26 AM' timestamp='1277558753' post='2350920']
First I would like to say that M*A*S*H has always been there for us and we are glad to have called them friends. It was a sad day when I heard that this was going to happen. And the news really hit hard in the hearts of everyone in the CIA. They wwere our protector and later became our mutual ally. M*A*S*H will not be soon forgotten.
[/quote]

I pushed for the CIA merger, but looks like they said no way. Course, anybody who wants to go to CIA instead of Legion is free to go.

[quote name='Andre27' date='26 June 2010 - 09:43 AM' timestamp='1277566972' post='2350991']
Back in Karma i was engaged in combat with several MASH nations (amongst others) and they were actually the only ones who knew what they were doing.

Dealing with MASH afterward has always been a pleasure especially when talking to Flonker, Col.Fitz and/or Supreme.

Good luck in your new home
[/quote]

Andre, your guys in GGA impressed the hell outta us, which is why we treatied you up when you came off terms. Shoutout to Randle. And talking and working with GGA government was a true pleasure.

I'm still offline to a great degree, still no internet in the house, but it's coming sooner or later. My thanks to my comrades at arms the last 3 years (M*A*S*H would be 3 years old today, dammit) for allowing me the priviledge to be part of their CN life.

o7 Browncoats
o7 CIA
o7 GGA
o7 Legion
o7 ONOS
o7 The Offspring

and finally...

o7 M*A*S*H

[quote name='chefjoe' date='26 June 2010 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1277593048' post='2351309']
If you were more secure in your manhood you would be able to admit purple is a pretty color like I do :P

Edit- Cant fault the rest of the statement though lol
[/quote]
You have bud so thats +1 i guess

[quote name='assarax' date='27 June 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1277655911' post='2351936']

[/quote]

[quote name='Matthew The Great' date='27 June 2010 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1277660915' post='2352029']
You saw a thread on the OWF and you know so much about us, wow, how do you do it?
[/quote]
I've just read bits and pieces of this thread, but I am starting to feel annoyed on the Legions behalf. All these bridge dwellers are just being blindly critical and lack the class that should be in a thread where an alliance announces its leaving.