GOONS Announcement

[quote name='Choson' date='18 May 2010 - 07:58 PM' timestamp='1274237901' post='2302843']
No, it isn't the definition of PZI. PZI is permanent, which means unending, hence why it is used in that term. EoG is not permanent.
[/quote]

You can get off of PZI lists. It's permanent because no matter how many times you rebuild infrastructure (after ZI) you will still be attacked.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' date='18 May 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1274239871' post='2302893']
Honestly, Methrage is the first EoG to actually apply for peace, but the process is very similar to any nations wishing to seek peace from tech raids. Generally we give them two options, decided by our High War Adjuticator, that usually range from a short story, to a poem, to a picture. It gives them a chance to express their creativity, and quite honestly when they go through with it (which many do), we enjoy it far more than any measly reps.
[/quote]

[quote name='Sardonic' date='18 May 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1274239886' post='2302894']
Well hopefully they all go a little something [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&blogid=341&showentry=1743]like this.[/url] Although that's not so much of an EoG situation, but it is a good example of the terms we enjoy.
[/quote]

aiight. thanks. now, ((ooc: this is mostly because this is my RL situation))what if they happen to be extremely busy and unable to do any of that due to time constraints? would they be capable of paying a small amount of reps or what would be another way to get off besides spending time they may not have to spare?

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='18 May 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1274239338' post='2302881']
so what is the typical procedure to be let off if you don't mind my asking?[/quote]
In case you're curious, our last EoG went from EoG to member in 11 hours. For the sake of his identity, I will refer to him as BIG JIM in this example.

Our procedure consists of:

1) Write up a persuasive argument on our forums on why you should be allowed the chance to be taken off the EoG list. Methrage spent five pages telling us the war was stupid and pointless and we should just let him go, rather than explaining why we should allow him the chance to surrender. BIG JIM wrote up a large post about the history of what he did and why he did it, and why he realized it was probably pretty dumb. It was his first post in his thread.

2) I offer terms that the person has to fulfill to prove they really care and are interested in peace and don't just want us to stop attacking. Usually this consists of some sort of essay (200 words generally), a picture, a poem, or some other simple task. If you'd like to visit our mercy boards, I'd be glad to show you how nobody but Methrage has ever had an issue with this. If they don't do the terms it's usually because they flaked and forgot, not because they're unreasonable. Methrage took our terms and posted them here out of context. BIG JIM did his terms immediately (his were to write a letter to a person telling them they aren't funny).

If the terms are fulfilled we let them go, as per the agreement. BIG JIM took it a step further. We took him off EoG and were going to let him on his way, but we also offered him the chance to join GOONS if he could prove his sincerity. To prove it, he sold off 90% of his infra and attacked the person he originally aided that ended up putting him on the EoG list to begin with. This is the sort of devotion we enjoy in GOONS. And we're perfectly reasonable people assuming you're willing to work with us and our terms.

Oh right, I forgot about BIG JIM. He's a good guy.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='18 May 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1274240345' post='2302907']
aiight. thanks. now, ((ooc: this is mostly because this is my RL situation))what if they happen to be extremely busy and unable to do any of that due to time constraints? would they be capable of paying a small amount of reps or what would be another way to get off besides spending time they may not have to spare?
[/quote]
If they talk to us, we're always willing to negotiate. Obviously if there are extraneous circumstances, we would be willing to work something out.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Beefspari' date='18 May 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1274240407' post='2302910']
In case you're curious, our last EoG went from EoG to member in 11 hours. For the sake of his identity, I will refer to him as BIG JIM in this example.

Our procedure consists of:

1) Write up a persuasive argument on our forums on why you should be allowed the chance to be taken off the EoG list. Methrage spent five pages telling us the war was stupid and pointless and we should just let him go, rather than explaining why we should allow him the chance to surrender. BIG JIM wrote up a large post about the history of what he did and why he did it, and why he realized it was probably pretty dumb. It was his first post in his thread.

2) I offer terms that the person has to fulfill to prove they really care and are interested in peace and don't just want us to stop attacking. Usually this consists of some sort of essay (200 words generally), a picture, a poem, or some other simple task. If you'd like to visit our mercy boards, I'd be glad to show you how nobody but Methrage has ever had an issue with this. If they don't do the terms it's usually because they flaked and forgot, not because they're unreasonable. Methrage took our terms and posted them here out of context. BIG JIM did his terms immediately (his were to write a letter to a person telling them they aren't funny).

If the terms are fulfilled we let them go, as per the agreement. BIG JIM took it a step further. We took him off EoG and were going to let him on his way, but we also offered him the chance to join GOONS if he could prove his sincerity. To prove it, he sold off 90% of his infra and attacked the person he originally aided that ended up putting him on the EoG list to begin with. This is the sort of devotion we enjoy in GOONS. And we're perfectly reasonable people assuming you're willing to work with us and our terms.
[/quote]

maybe this weekend, just remind me (i.e. PM me as i have a final tomorrow and should really be asleep in bed so that i can study tomorrow....) and i will have a look.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='18 May 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1274240799' post='2302915']
Oh right, I forgot about BIG JIM. He's a good guy.

If they talk to us, we're always willing to negotiate. Obviously if there are extraneous circumstances, we would be willing to work something out.
[/quote]

excellent. thank you for takin the time to answer my questions.

Bucketsfuls of :3 to you for this nice achievement GOONS, and hope for the follow-up soon!

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='19 May 2010 - 03:34 AM' timestamp='1274236430' post='2302799']
[color="#0000FF"]That is the definition of PZI. [b]War until peace is achieved.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

But ... by your definition that I bolded [i]every[/i] war equals PZI :blink:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='18 May 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1274236430' post='2302799']
[color="#0000FF"]Just because an alliance can do something does not mean it is acceptable, just, and tolerable. PZI is one thing that the NSO does not do, nor do I see us ever condoning it.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]That is the definition of PZI. [b]War until peace is achieved.[/b] And often it won't be easy to get. So yes, you can skirt around it all you like, but your EoG list is essentially a PZI list.

OOC: Writing a four act play about pedophilia and drug abuse was the term you gave to Methrage. Seriously, what kind of self-respecting person would take that term?[/color]
[/quote]
Perhaps you could define warfare for us then? I was under the impression that "war until peace is achieved" is the general idea behind all warfare, but this obviously proves me utterly wrong.

[quote name='Louisa' date='19 May 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1274243969' post='2302973']
But ... by your definition that I bolded [i]every[/i] war equals PZI :blink:[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Perhaps I should have rephrased that, but it should noted it is on an individual level and not an alliance one. Also, as Damsky noted, even the nations hits, it will not be allowed to rebuild. If it does it will be attacked. Your EoG list is an indefinite war. You can play semantics all you like, but I'm still going to call a spade a spade.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='19 May 2010 - 06:13 AM' timestamp='1274245983' post='2303027']
[color="#0000FF"]Perhaps I should have rephrased that, but it should noted it is on an individual level and not an alliance one. Also, as Damsky noted, even the nations hits, it will not be allowed to rebuild. If it does it will be attacked. Your EoG list is an indefinite war. You can play semantics all you like, but I'm still going to call a spade a spade.[/color]
[/quote]
I was not actually playing any semantics at all in this case, just asking for a clarification and you very graciously provided me with one. I would just like to add that goons are very very lazy and may even forget to attack a EoG; well I know that I never attacked one in my time there, so perhaps it is more a question of me being lazy really.

(This brings me to the next item, which is that I am to my everlasting shame not actually a member of GOONS at this point, because I am too lazy to provide my people with any necessities of life at all. In fact they are quite unhappy with me, and I would not be surprised if I faced a uprising one of these days. To calm any fears: yes, I will be extremely strict with them if that happens and will not let them get away with such scoundrelly things.)

PS. hearts > spades

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='18 May 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1274245983' post='2303027']
[/quote]
What difference does it make whether it is an alliance or an individual nation?

Edit: As well as what Louisa said.

Edited by ktarthan

Good show TOP, it was a noble thing to do. GOONS could be the first alliance to die twice. I give them until christmas, if they are lucky. Where are the honourable people who fought for Karma? Oh wait, that was just about toppling NPO, you didnt care about all that anti PZI you spewed for months before the war.

[quote name='Alterego' date='18 May 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1274248234' post='2303061']
Good show TOP, it was a noble thing to do. GOONS could be the first alliance to die twice. I give them until christmas, if they are lucky. Where are the honourable people who fought for Karma? Oh wait, that was just about toppling NPO, you didnt care about all that anti PZI you spewed for months before the war.
[/quote]

But but but... didn't you read!? It wasn't TOP that did it! It was just members of TOP acting as friends to methrage! How DARE you accuse TOP of this!

To help a friend in need, is to be a friend indeed. Meth, you have got some fine, classy friends here :)

And, GOONS continues to grow eviler as the days go by. (For the record, I was not here for the previous incarnation of GOONS)

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' date='19 May 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1274248386' post='2303064']
But but but... didn't you read!? It wasn't TOP that did it! It was just members of TOP acting as friends to methrage! How DARE you accuse TOP of this!
[/quote]

This is outrageous and I will not stand for it.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='18 May 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1274250430' post='2303094']
You made Methrage pay 90 mill?!?!?

Wow, you guys must be pretty pathetic at defending yourselves if he did that amount of damage :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Perhaps you should have spent less time getting Methrage sanctioned and more time training your nations how to fight.
[/quote]

Hey, congrats on reading the thread!

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 02:27 AM' timestamp='1274250430' post='2303094']
You made Methrage pay 90 mill?!?!?

Wow, you guys must be pretty pathetic at defending yourselves if he did that amount of damage :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Perhaps you should have spent less time getting Methrage sanctioned and more time training your nations how to fight.
[/quote]
Feels good man [img]http://cngoons.com/Board/Smileys/CN%20Emotes/chord.gif[/img]

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='ktarthan' date='19 May 2010 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1274247640' post='2303054']
What difference does it make whether it is an alliance or an individual nation?

Edit: As well as what Louisa said.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]And as I said, you can spin it anyway you want, and use all the excuses in the world, but in the end it doesn't change what you're doing. Whether or not you want to admit that is up to you, but we both know exactly what you're doing. The only difference between you and I is that I am willing to call it for what it is.[/color]

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' date='19 May 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1274250586' post='2303096']
Hey, congrats on reading the thread!
[/quote]

I think you're are confused, because I've seen you say this earlier in this thread, and in my case your line doesn't make any sense. Perhaps you meant it for some one else?

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 May 2010 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1274250682' post='2303097']
Feels good man [img]http://cngoons.com/Board/Smileys/CN%20Emotes/chord.gif[/img]
[/quote]

It feels good to be a horrible fighting alliance? alright :psyduck:

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1274251049' post='2303100']
I think you're are confused, because I've seen you say this earlier in this thread, and in my case your line doesn't make any sense. Perhaps you meant it for some one else?

It feels good to be a horrible fighting alliance? alright :psyduck:
[/quote]

Please, tell me in all your infinite wisdom how we're to teach our members without SDIs (low NS, obviously) to defend against nukes and not take damage? Keep in mind Methrage is accepting at least 6m in secret aid every 10 days.

Perhaps you should get your facts straight before you spout off nonsense next time yes?

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1274251049' post='2303100']
I think you're are confused, because I've seen you say this earlier in this thread, and in my case your line doesn't make any sense. Perhaps you meant it for some one else?[/quote]
Methrage isn't paying anything. :rolleyes: