GOONS Announcement

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' date='19 May 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1274248386' post='2303064']
But but but... didn't you read!? It wasn't TOP that did it! It was just members of TOP acting as friends to methrage! How DARE you accuse TOP of this!
[/quote]
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish in this thread, NFLGeneric. It seems a lot of people are making the mistake and I can understand why there was some confusion about it: I probably wasn't clear enough when I spoke to Sardonic.

I understand that you're trying your utmost to bash us at every opportunity but I do not think you can find a way to do it this time. We simply wanted to help a friend in need and put an end to a pretty useless conflict. We expect(ed) nothing of it. Methrage is free to go where he pleases.

As far as GOONS detractors go, I think most alliances would ask for minimal reparations too. We weren't shocked with the number and were happy that tech reps were dropped, along with the OOC ones (drawing a comic or a short story, etc.).

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' date='19 May 2010 - 01:42 AM' timestamp='1274251326' post='2303106']
Methrage isn't paying anything. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Oh, so it was the semantics game you/he was getting at. The thing is that you required 90 mill from Methrage and others paid it on his behalf. This is assuming that TOP members didn't approach Goons Gov and say "Hey, can we pay you 90 mill to take Methanger off PZI?" Such a scenario seems very unlikely.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1274251497' post='2303109']
Oh, so it was the semantics game you/he was getting at. The thing is that you required 90 mill from Methrage and others paid it on his behalf. This is assuming that TOP members didn't approach Goons Gov and say "Hey, can we pay you 90 mill to take Methanger off PZI?" Such a scenario seems very unlikely.
[/quote]
We aren't making anyone do anything. And if you're curious, it started with TOP saying "So how much is a Methrage on the market anyway?"

But I'm interested to hear more about the things you apparently know so much about. I could fill you in on how the entire situation went down and how we settled on 90m, but I'd like to hear your story of how it happened first.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 02:45 AM' timestamp='1274251497' post='2303109']
[/quote]
OOC:
It happened that way:
I went to Sardonic and asked him if he would consider money reps, instead of tech reps, as Methrage was unlikely to ever accept to give out his technology. I argued that it made it unlikely they would get anything from Methrage since he would be ZIed/ZTed if they continued to fight. He came back 20 minutes later with an offer we both found acceptable. I waited for the targets and now we're close to be done with the payments.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 05:27 PM' timestamp='1274250430' post='2303094']
<snip>
[/quote]
Perhaps you should have a look at Methrage's nation before you weigh into a conversation with such uninformed commentary. His nation has a WRC, MP, has been funded by a considerable amount of external aid (both secret and public) and used to have a substantial amount of technology.

On the other hand, the smaller GOONS nations he was up against, having not had the benefit of a number of years building their nations, did not have these advantages, nor did they have nuclear weapons (for the large part) to retaliate with. When a nuclear armed nation* uses those nuclear weapons, backed by a considerable amount of tech and a WRC, and continues to do so over a number of weeks, they do end up causing a substantial amount of damage. It has nothing to do with one's ability to fight or not. Any fair-minded person would readily agree with these statements, I would imagine.

Edit:

* That should probably read as "nuclear armed [i]rogue[/i] nation", my apologies.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='dalstrs' date='18 May 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1274252012' post='2303114']
GOONS are terrible, terrible people and we should all be shot into the sun.
[/quote]
This man speaks the truth.

:(( GOONS :((

[quote name='Beefspari' date='19 May 2010 - 01:47 AM' timestamp='1274251602' post='2303110']
We aren't making anyone do anything. And if you're curious, it started with TOP saying "So how much is a Methrage on the market anyway?"

But I'm interested to hear more about the things you apparently know so much about. I could fill you in on how the entire situation went down and how we settled on 90m, but I'd like to hear your story of how it happened first.
[/quote]

Its not a matter of me trying to claim i know more about the situation than you do, however many things in CN follow a predictable that are usually considered safe assumptions. One can assume certain things work in certain ways. Even if TOP started the conversation it still doesn't change the fact that 90 mill was the amount your alliance demanded for Methrage to earn his freedom.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1274252512' post='2303118']
Its not a matter of me trying to claim i know more about the situation than you do, however many things in CN follow a predictable that are usually considered safe assumptions. One can assume certain things work in certain ways. Even if TOP started the conversation it still doesn't change the fact that 90 mill was the amount your alliance demanded for Methrage to earn his freedom.
[/quote]
So, if I went nuke rogue on the MCXA for a number of weeks, what would your alliance demand for releasing me from war?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 02:02 AM' timestamp='1274252512' post='2303118']
many things in CN follow a predictable that are usually considered safe assumptions.[/quote]

Yes. Please continue to make safe assumptions. They seem to be working out very well for you.

[quote name='Alterego' date='19 May 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1274248234' post='2303061']
GOONS could be the first alliance to die twice. I give them until christmas, if they are lucky.
[/quote]

So what you're saying is that it's unlikely GOONS will survive even to the end of the year. Interesting. I would like to propose this: How about if we meet back with you on December 26th when GOONS is still going strong and we can discuss exactly what random fluctuations of dumb luck allowed it to exceed your projected date?

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1274252512' post='2303118']
[/quote]
Okay then, fine. Let's go back to your very first post.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='18 May 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1274250430' post='2303094']
You made Methrage pay 90 mill?!?!?
[/quote]
We'll disregard this part.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='18 May 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1274250430' post='2303094']
Wow, you guys must be pretty pathetic at defending yourselves if he did that amount of damage :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:
[/quote]
How do you suppose we defend against damage caused by a nuke rogue with an MP and WRC getting secret funding every 10 days, using only 10K NS nations?

In total, we've managed to alleviate Methrage of approximately 1.2k tech without the use of nuclear weapons.

Perhaps you should have spent less time getting Methrage sanctioned and more time training your nations how to fight.
[/quote]
Yes, because that additional [i]minute or two[/i] would have given us just the amount of time we would need to formulate a strategy for the above mentioned scenario.

Why does all the outrage come from people who these announcements don't effect.

Rebel Virginia, you're the best.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 May 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1274252512' post='2303118']
Its not a matter of me trying to claim i know more about the situation than you do, however many things in CN follow a predictable that are usually considered safe assumptions. One can assume certain things work in certain ways.
[/quote]
One can certainly assume all one wants, but you're just making a big mess for yourself. Whether it's you trying to claim you know more about the situation than me (or anyone else) or just you "assuming" things, you're wrong. You're just saying a bunch of completely untrue things about a situation you don't know the details about.

You said we asked for Meth to pay us 90m. That's not true.

You say we're bad at fighting or defending ourselves, when really it was a nuclear rogue fighting 5K NS nations. Meth wasn't getting off GAs, used no planes, and only threw a couple CMs. Mostly he turtled, waited for secret aid, and nuked. I don't care how much "training" we give to our nations, they aren't going to start dodging nukes at 5K NS.

You say it's unlikely that TOP members approached us, which is exactly what happened.

Additionally, you even think that the 90m directly translates into damage done by Methrage to our nations, which also isn't true.

Really, other than trying to make fun of us for asking for 90m, I don't know what there even is to discuss. Both GOONS and the members of TOP are happy with this transaction, so there's nothing left to talk about. Unless you have any more assumptions you'd like to share.

I love how everyone calls them the "New Goons" most of them weren't even in the "old goons" there just want to be nations who wish they could act and enforce policies as the real GOONS could. These "Fake GOONS" just want the attention of the world on them, so they randomly and purposely cause trouble, to try and look as "bad ***ed" as the real GOONS was.

Edited by Rotavele

[quote name='Rotavele' date='19 May 2010 - 02:59 AM' timestamp='1274259540' post='2303165']
I love how everyone calls them the "New Goons" most of them weren't even in the "old goons" there just want to be new players who wish they could act and enforce policies as the real GOONS could. These "Fake GOONS" just want the attention of the world on them, so they randomly and purposely cause trouble, to try and look as "bad ***ed" as the real GOONS was.
[/quote]
I'm not sure what you just said, but I agree, I think.

[quote name='Beefspari' date='19 May 2010 - 04:00 AM' timestamp='1274259599' post='2303167']
I'm not sure what you just said, but I agree, I think.
[/quote]

Well im glad you think its funny to say you agree, but anyways, to be honest that was just random rambling. Im not even going to try proving you guys wrong its already done and you wont be here much longer anyways so, not even needed :D

[quote name='Rotavele' date='19 May 2010 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1274260309' post='2303178']
Well im glad you think its funny to say you agree, but anyways, to be honest that was just random rambling. Im not even going to try proving you guys wrong its already done and you wont be here much longer anyways so, not even needed :D
[/quote]

You're in the Legion. Insulting other alliances to make yourself feel better about your own, are we? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rotavele' date='19 May 2010 - 05:12 AM' timestamp='1274260309' post='2303178']
and you wont be here much longer anyways so, not even needed :D
[/quote]

I'm liking the foreshadowing here~

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='19 May 2010 - 11:32 AM' timestamp='1274261522' post='2303187']
Yeah whats with the "GOONS are short lived anyways", stuff?
[/quote]

Apparently, Legion are going to come out of nowhere and win Bob. :unsure:

[quote name='nippy' date='19 May 2010 - 04:39 AM' timestamp='1274261953' post='2303193']
Apparently, Legion are going to come out of nowhere and win Bob. :unsure:
[/quote]

I never knew I was speaking for the legion, Thanks for telling me :D

[quote name='Rotavele' date='19 May 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1274262226' post='2303195']
I never knew I was speaking for the legion, Thanks for telling me :D
[/quote]

Nah, the rest of you realize their relevance. You've yet to learn for some reason.

[quote name='Jakome' date='19 May 2010 - 03:43 AM' timestamp='1274255013' post='2303140']
Why does all the outrage come from people who these announcements don't effect.

Rebel Virginia, you're the best.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I like how you're in denial that what affects one affects us all. I refuse, and always have, to sit idly by while an injustice is perpetrated against individual. It is my duty to bring to light all wrongdoing and see that it is exposed before the world. So yes, if it is brought up in public it automatically becomes public business, and if it is public business then it is my business.[/color]