Notice of Cancellation

[quote name='D34th' date='23 February 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1266995710' post='2201037']
If ours reasons are positive or no, I'll let you decide, ask you Emperor and decide yourself.
[/quote]

I already know the answer. No amount of subjugation to an alliance constitutes white peace.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='24 February 2010 - 02:11 AM' timestamp='1266995719' post='2201039']
That is very strange Xiphosis. You stated pretty clearly that you wanted to fight Polar for a long time and to keep them bogged down in war. What changed your mind?
[/quote]
He hates you guys more.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 07:17 AM' timestamp='1266996050' post='2201048']
It was clear at the time IRON would be arrayed against Polar, CnG and SF due to TOP's increasing belligerence. They knew what it meant to sign with IRON, and they knew why IRON suddenly had an interest in it. They let IRON fracture their FA and now they complain.

^

Better than any set of terms I could think of.
[/quote]

Ah, circumstances changed. Considering how circumstances changed a few months ago, I doubt how anyone could argue that our treaty with IRON was a bad idea.

[quote name='Comrade Korey' date='23 February 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1266995900' post='2201045']
Oh my god stop posting, please. Nobody wants to listen to you babble on about this garbage. Anybody worth being allied with knows the value of peace mode in combat, especially during a curb stomp. You're wrong, do everyone a favor and stop spewing that nonsense.
[/quote]
Of course peace mode has it's uses, I've never said otherwise. Depending on the circumstances of the war and the numbers of your opponent there's several viable peace mode strategies to use.

What NSO is doing isn't a regroup and reload peace mode use, it's getting as many people out of the war as possible. There's a difference, one is to prepare your people to go back out and fight, the other is throwing in the towel.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='24 February 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1266992823' post='2200809']
Actually I am surprised you waited this long Ivan.
I truly wish the best for NSO.

I to wonder why NSO hasn't been granted the same peace offers as others leaving this war, whats up with that?
[/quote]

[quote name='Roadie' date='24 February 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1266994938' post='2200989']
Not giving NSO white peace by now is going to reflect extremely poorly on those alliances in the future[...]
[/quote]
No one from NSO has contacted me since the STA peace agreement. From my understanding, the terms remain the same as they were at that point, as far as I know.

1. Peace for all involved with NSO
2. NSO remains neutral for the remainder of the conflict
3. NSO writes 1 beer review

NSO remains at war because they choose to do so. Not because of some horrible plot from those they are fighting to keep them involved.

[quote name='Crymson' date='24 February 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1266993712' post='2200894']
It's a better name than he deserves.
[/quote]
You are gonna be riding shotgun in Grub's fail train to China so I'm not quite sure why you are talking now.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='24 February 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1266994142' post='2200934']
Dearest Bob, I am more than fully aware of the mistakes that have been made, they are many and several. I do thank you for your kind direction to them anyway. If you will note for future reference, your opinion has never been considered within our alliance, except to provide amusement. Do continue to carry on however.
[/quote]
Duly noted but I will continue to comment as I see fit. Please note that I have been going after Crymson just as hard as I have gone after you.

[quote name='delendum' date='24 February 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1266994154' post='2200935']
It's a good thing the NSO wasn't TOP, amirite?
[/quote]
:psyduck: I was just saying that NSO's treaty with IRON made sense, their abrasiveness did clearly put them in a bad position.

Edited by Bob Sanders

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='24 February 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1266995969' post='2201047']
Of course you did. Keep telling yourself that you matter here anymore.
[/quote]
Oh please, I hold no illusions about that. I'm the other side's slightly less-loudmouthed version of LiquidMercury. Armies march and empires fall on the wave of my hand. Still working on a title to top "Death Incarnate" though!

[quote]Ah, circumstances changed. Considering how circumstances changed a few months ago, I doubt how anyone could argue that our treaty with IRON was a bad idea.[/quote]

Ivan's not dumb, I'd be very surprised if he didn't realize what IRON was trying to accomplish. I'm not going to shed tears because the decision has come back to hurt you, this was a result that NSO could've and I believe did see coming a fairly long way out.

[quote name='Elyat' date='24 February 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1266995627' post='2201035']
It's almost like Polar doesn't want to fight for IRON or something.
[/quote]

It's almost as if they [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79847&st=0&p=2152238&#entry2152238"]said[/url] they did, but didn't mean it.

[i]9. The New Sith Order, being both treaty partners, good friends and great people require our assistance the most. It is my understanding that no peace resolution has been made to my comrades (by all parties concerned) and I will fight until they get what they need to exit this war.

10. The New Polar Order therefore declares war on the Global Order of Darkness. Whilst it would be easy to assume I am doing so because I hate Xiphosis and vice versa, this is not the case. We are committed to ending this war as rapidly as possible, preferably by a white peace agreement for everyone engaged including but not limited to TOP, IRON, C&G and SF and all their related friends and well wishers. I can not however stand idly by whilst my comrades are in deep trouble on our behalf.[/i]

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='24 February 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1266995794' post='2201042']
Because you claimed to be assisting an ally in need but purposefully avoiding conflict with the alliance that would have alleviated that need.
[/quote]

I still don't see how your statements regarding Fark and TOP fit together.

Should we have taken on Fark with ~1/3 of our alliance in nuclear anarchy? I don't know. Should we have known that Fark wouldn't give a fig for VE or GOD with respect to giving you real white peace? Also don't know. We did what we felt we could at the time, and your implication that we could have taken on Fark since we were able to take on TOP is obviously wrong. Yet you keep making it--I suppose because you're now interested in putting us in a bad light--but it doesn't demonstrate anything.

[quote name='Goose' date='24 February 2010 - 07:19 AM' timestamp='1266996195' post='2201056']
No one from NSO has contacted me since the STA peace agreement. From my understanding, the terms remain the same as they were at that point, as far as I know.

NSO remains at war because they choose to do so. Not because of some horrible plot from those they are fighting to keep them involved.
[/quote]
Fair enough then

[quote name='Smacky' date='24 February 2010 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1266995594' post='2201034']
And how many were in peace mode when our war with NpO was so rudely interrupted? I stand by the fact that nearly everyone was engaged with NpO and not escaping to peace mode but this is off topic.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]By that point you realized it was going to be an even sided war, or a war in which you'd be on the larger side as we later saw. When you were on the disadvantaged side you had no issue with keeping over half your alliance at peace, in reserve. Now NSO is clearly disadvantaged and is utilizing the same tactic and you are criticizing them for it (mind you when the war was still even they were all at war pretty much). So please, quit it with your double standards. You're not fooling anyone.[/color]

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1266996376' post='2201066']
Ivan's not dumb, I'd be very surprised if he didn't realize what IRON was trying to accomplish. I'm not going to shed tears because the decision has come back to hurt you, this was a result that NSO could've and I believe did see coming a fairly long way out.
[/quote]
The interesting part here is that it was our ties to IRON that brought in a whole lot more muscle for Polar at the beginning of this war. Now, granted, neither Polar nor IRON necessarily managed that muscle as well as they should have, but, well, the tie did provide a pretty significant asset.

Or, we'll worry about our FA, and you can worry about yours.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 07:25 AM' timestamp='1266996555' post='2201073']
You refuse to leave with Polar on account of your treaty with IRON. I'd call that hurting you.
[/quote]

We refuse to leave this war because we want white peace. I'd call that sticking to our principles.

[quote name='Roadie' date='24 February 2010 - 01:23 AM' timestamp='1266996431' post='2201067']
It's almost as if they [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=79847&st=0&p=2152238&#entry2152238"]said[/url] they did, but didn't mean it.

10.We are committed to ending this war as rapidly as possible, preferably by a white peace agreement for everyone engaged including but not limited to TOP, IRON, C&G and SF and all their related friends and well wishers. I can not however stand idly by whilst my comrades are in deep trouble on our behalf.[/i]
[/quote]

Whose words are these?

(edit: nevermind. Found the link; it's late, sue me)

Edited by AAlumni

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='24 February 2010 - 07:19 AM' timestamp='1266996161' post='2201052']
Ah, circumstances changed. Considering how circumstances changed a few months ago, I doubt how anyone could argue that our treaty with IRON was a bad idea.
[/quote]

I can. Ask Lint.

Also, its a shame to see this when trivialities and semantics are all that lie at the core of the matter. Best of luck to all.

[quote]The interesting part here is that it was our ties to IRON that brought in a whole lot more muscle for Polar at the beginning of this war. Now, granted, neither Polar nor IRON necessarily managed that muscle as well as they should have, but, well, the tie did provide a pretty significant asset.[/quote]

Pat yourself on the back, you mavericks you.

[quote name='Roadie' date='24 February 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1266996431' post='2201067']

[i]9. The New Sith Order, being both treaty partners, good friends and great people require our assistance the most. It is my understanding that no peace resolution has been made to my comrades (by all parties concerned) and I will fight until they get what they need to exit this war.

10. The New Polar Order therefore declares war on the Global Order of Darkness. Whilst it would be easy to assume I am doing so because I hate Xiphosis and vice versa, this is not the case. We are committed to ending this war as rapidly as possible, preferably by a white peace agreement for everyone engaged including but not limited to TOP, IRON, C&G and SF and all their related friends and well wishers. I can not however stand idly by whilst my comrades are in deep trouble on our behalf.[/i]
[/quote]
It could have been so, but NSO has expressed that they have no wish to exit this war. That's on them, not on Polar.

[quote name='Goose' date='24 February 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1266996195' post='2201056']

[/quote]

So as has been stated earlier, NSO has not been offered white peace. A beer review as fun or for Teh Lulz is one thing, but being serious about making someone spend a RL time chasing to the liquor store, spending their RL money and drinking an alcoholic beverage is not a reasonable term in any way.