Notice of Cancellation

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 February 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1266996075' post='2201050']
He hates you guys more.
[/quote]

Oh, come on. You are better than that. People we hate don't get white peace from us.

NSO earned some grudging respect from us during the war. Still there's not much we can do for them. Fark always ask for a beer review and I totally support that tradition. I really don't understand why people get so upset about it.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sigh*

The more I read this thread, the more gloomy and resentful I become. To listen to sidelined spectators libel my sense of honor and dignity while they drool at the jaw like vicious wolves staring at a carcass, many of whom I had at least sympathy for their situation and their perceptions is disheartening.

To my Sith brethren, it was a pleasure to fight along side of you, it was an honorable experience. It is unfortunate that no reconciliation has been reached between the world at large over this war that was forged in vanity. I have bled, just as you have bled. I shall bleed some more to end this war. I can express nothing but eternal gratitude towards the membership of New Sith Order for the invaluable assistance they have offered me individually, and my alliance as a whole.

To Fark. It is entirely in your hands on whether or not to give this honorable alliance an honorable peace. I am no moralist, but if you have one shrivel of honor, you would grant them and amincable and unconditional white peace that would greatly aid in the continued descalation of the war. The terms which have been offered are nothing more than a frivoulous excuse to continue this war against our honorable freinds who have sacrificed inumerable amounts of pixels for our sakes.

To the haters in TOP. I can sympathsize with some of your positions, and I beleive that The Order of the Paradox membership has received a raw deal, not just by their own government who is at fault for making a strategic blunder of epic proportions, but by the series of events and attitudes that have prevailed that have turned an otherwise insignificant affair over \m/ into Karma 2.0 However, this sympathy can only exist to a point, and when representives of your alliance express misdirected, and petty ill-will and meditate on underlying vengeful thoughts, it pains me. It was this grudeful phillosify that you enticed us to abandon that lead to our misguided support, for the little time that it lasted, that has kept us enemies for so many years. Just as there appeared to be light comming through the door, and the possibility of a meaningful diplomatic relationship, this war slammed the doors shut on it, and hatred will only lock that door. If the course the membership wants to take does not involve Polaris, that is understandable, however I cannot forsee a situation where it would not behoove the honorable alliances of planet Bob to bind together based on common principles, and stand in the face of the irreproachable evils that can quickly engulf our imaginary pixelated world.

To the other haters. You all suck.

[quote name='Killer Monkey land' date='24 February 2010 - 04:17 AM' timestamp='1266996069' post='2201049']
I already know the answer. No amount of subjugation to an alliance constitutes white peace.
[/quote]

I understand but I doesn't agree, Peace was possible and easy to get but if you think that both sides doing a beer review and a health food review are unacceptable to your alliance get peace is your choice.

[quote name='Elyat' date='24 February 2010 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1266996678' post='2201082']
It could have been so, but NSO has expressed that they have no wish to exit this war. That's on them, not on Polar.
[/quote]

NSO has stated in this very thread that they would consider white peace and remain in a state of war because it has not been offered.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='24 February 2010 - 01:55 AM' timestamp='1266994763' post='2200974']
Hey Fin, can you please join OMFG now?
[/quote]

I'll consider it :P

[quote name='joracy' date='24 February 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1266995006' post='2200993']
Oh xfD sucking up to CnG? Is that the new catch all phrase when somebody does something against your side? The idea that UPN is dodging this war to try and suck up to CnG is hilariously incorrect.
[/quote]

Frankly I wouldn't be surprised to see UPN joins C&G to offset the NS loss they suffer from the war and to gain another sanctioned alliance to buffer their position in the post cluster$%&@ war. I hope the membership of UPN would shout loud enough against such an option.

[quote name='flak attack' date='24 February 2010 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1266995359' post='2201017']
Well, if you want to get technical, it isn't :ehm:

I suggest you find STA and Polar's positions on the TPF conflict, then come back to us saying NSO didn't chose IRON over NpO and STA.

The people fighting Polar aren't the same people fighting NSO. There is some overlap, but they aren't the exact same group.
[/quote]

That still doesn't negate the fact that when push came to shove NSO was there, you point back to a war that never escalated and DoW's that never happened and say "Nuh, uh! They totally like were bad friends!"

[quote name='Elyat' date='24 February 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1266995442' post='2201023']
And Polar totally didn't DOW on GOD in defence of NSO. Oh wait, they did; what is NSO complaining about again? To be honest, declaring a symbolic war that they couldn't even fight was the least NSO could do to repay STA, without whom they'd have gotten this beatdown months ago.
[/quote]

NSO is complaining because Polar peaced out for the 2nd time while they were still in the conflict that they entered to defend Polar in the first place.

[quote]Oh, come on. You are better than that.[/quote]

That's a matter of debate.

[quote]To Fark. It is entirely in your hands on whether or not to give this honorable alliance an honorable peace.[/quote]

The terms are honorable and standard. NSO may have entered for Polar, but they're not staying on their account. Polar made an effort to ensure they left with NSO, they were rebuked.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 07:25 AM' timestamp='1266996555' post='2201073']
You refuse to leave with Polar on account of your treaty with IRON. I'd call that hurting you.
[/quote]

In this very thread Ivan, and several other various NSO members have said the Iron treaty wasn't the reason for remaining. The NSO refuse to take the peace because it isn't white peace. My God you are being obtuse about this.

Edited by Uranus

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='23 February 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1266993852' post='2200910']
The "beer review" canard is getting tired, that's all. I assume that you're just having some fun, but many people still seem to be taking it seriously.
[/quote]

Seemed like a logical question to me. If the OP is correct and the NSO hasn't been offered white peace and the Dread Strom Hordelord Dark Sovereign Lord Dark Dark Emperor of the Sith is cheesed that Polar was offered white peace and took it, then one can't help but wonder if the notorious sticking point, the most egregious beer review, was part of Polar's terms, would the Imperial Sovereign Dark Dark Horde DreadSithholde's reasons to cancel still apply?

[quote name='Roadie' date='24 February 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1266996724' post='2201083']
So as has been stated earlier, NSO has not been offered white peace. A beer review as fun or for Teh Lulz is one thing, but being serious about making someone spend a RL time chasing to the liquor store, spending their RL money and drinking an alcoholic beverage is not a reasonable term in any way.
[/quote]
Not to derail your sound logic, but it takes all of 5 minutes to make a story up, it would probably make it far more entertaining too.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 01:27 AM' timestamp='1266996677' post='2201081']
Pat yourself on the back, you mavericks you.
[/quote]

Now that I think about it, he has a good point about something else. It was precisely because of NSO's treaty with IRON that Polar was able to initially peace out.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1266996904' post='2201090']
That's a matter of debate.

The terms are honorable and standard. NSO may have entered for Polar, but they're not staying on their account. Polar made an effort to ensure they left with NSO, they were rebuked.
[/quote]

As an aside, why don't you quote properly?

[quote]In this very thread Ivan, and several other various NSO members have said the Iron treaty wasn't the reason for remaining. The NSO refuse to take the peace because it isn't white peace.[/quote]

That is not what FARK, GOD, Polar and many others have been told by NSO. Especially considering it is white peace.

[quote]As an aside, why don't you quote properly? [/quote]

Easier to copy-paste as I read than click those buttons.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='24 February 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1266997133' post='2201096']
As an aside, why don't you quote properly?
[/quote]
Maybe it's the mysterious multiquote function. I haven't quite figured that thing out. :(

Polaris comrades, this is not the place for these arguments.

I understand the frustration (on both sides), but this is certainly not the place to air it out.

This is a most unfortunate situation all around and I hope it can eventually be untangled.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='24 February 2010 - 01:54 AM' timestamp='1266994685' post='2200972']
Because their treatied purple allies were fighting C&G? Did i miss something here?

Considering that UPN is CDT, has an MDAP with Invicta, and an MDoAP with Legion among others, it doesn't take much to understand that they could have easliy found a target which had absolutely nothing to do with the IRON/TOP/C&G front.

Add to that our favourite quote from altheus "of not attacking if we're going to lose" then it's really obvious to all but the most simple or closed minds as to what UPN's stance was during this war.

I never expected them to come to Valhalla's aid, but when they watched Invicta and USN burn, i was shocked. I didn't think they would go so low just to suck up to C&G.
[/quote]
Well....FEAR attacked CnG......UPN has MDoAP's with both FEAR and ODN....only option, IMO, is to go neutral. CDT is a non-chaining MDoAP...so i dont see how that gets activated. The only issue is their MADP with Invicta....but i guess that is for UPN and Invicta to sort out :D

[quote name='Uranus' date='24 February 2010 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1266997010' post='2201092']
In this very thread Ivan, and several other various NSO members have said the Iron treaty wasn't the reason for remaining. The NSO refuse to take the peace because it isn't white peace. My God you are being obtuse about this.
[/quote]
Obtuse, eh?

Suddenly I get a Dufresne moment.

How can you be so obtuse?
What? What did you call me?
Obtuse. Is it deliberate?

It seems like there are a few Warden Nortons scattered about.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 February 2010 - 02:43 AM' timestamp='1266997637' post='2201105']
Obtuse, eh?

Suddenly I get a Dufresne moment.

How can you be so obtuse?
What? What did you call me?
Obtuse. Is it deliberate?

It seems like there are a few Warden Nortons scattered about.
[/quote]

Well at least they aren't shooting your friends and throwing you in the "hole" for months on end. Well, I suppose in a metaphorical sense they are

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='24 February 2010 - 02:47 AM' timestamp='1266997863' post='2201110']
Well at least they aren't shooting your friends and throwing you in the "hole" for months on end. Well, I suppose in a metaphorical sense they are
[/quote]
I always did love geology. Just pressure and time.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1266997215' post='2201100']
Easier to copy-paste as I read than click those buttons.
[/quote]
[ooc]Try the shiny new multiquote button and then hit add reply at the bottom of the page(not on an individual post).[/ooc]

Edited by Bob Sanders

[quote name='Starfox101' date='24 February 2010 - 09:37 AM' timestamp='1266997230' post='2201101']
Looks like Polar needs another beatdown. Perhaps it will help rebuild their PR like last time. Something drastic needs to be done over there.
[/quote]

Are you volunteering?

[quote name='flak attack' date='24 February 2010 - 12:05 PM' timestamp='1266995359' post='2201017']
I suggest you find STA and Polar's positions on the TPF conflict, then come back to us saying NSO didn't chose IRON over NpO and STA.
[/quote]
I cant recall NSO saying they'd be supporting the side 'IRON' was on over 'NpO' and 'STA'. Either you were lied too or you pulled that one out.

The treaty talks with NSO had been going on and off for months prior to that.

Edited by shahenshah