Notice of Cancellation

[quote name='Jrenster' date='24 February 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1266993696' post='2200893']
Good one. I guess losing 100% instead of 70% NS would constitute giving it all in your mind, right?
[/quote]
Well, if you want to get technical, it isn't :ehm:

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='24 February 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1266994639' post='2200966']
Yeah, NSO totally chose IRON over NpO and STA, they totally didn't DoW on FOK in defense of NpO, stand strong when dogpilled by 15 million NS, and then DoW on CSN in defense of STA despite not even having a treaty obligation to do so anymore. Wait...they did.
[/quote]
I suggest you find STA and Polar's positions on the TPF conflict, then come back to us saying NSO didn't chose IRON over NpO and STA.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='24 February 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1266995224' post='2201009']
honestly, this makes me sad. i would have thought Polaris would have stuck it out and continued to fight alongside NSO until NSO got peace.

this also goes to show that it seems that GOD/FARK/or whoever else is holding up the peace process needs to get the $%&@ over themselves and just give NSO white peace. fact is NSO entered to defend Polaris and if you are more than willing to give Polaris white peace, then get over yourselves and give NSO white peace. it is just pathetic not to. (i do believe FOK was willing to do so after the Polar-\m/ peace out and they were the ones that NSO originally hit, FARK/GOD hit NSO...)
[/quote]
The people fighting Polar aren't the same people fighting NSO. There is some overlap, but they aren't the exact same group.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='24 February 2010 - 06:49 AM' timestamp='1266994353' post='2200952']
First, we entered to defend them, not the other way around. Simply because they left the field the fight never stopped for us.

Second, we didn't request that they re-join because of the fact that they had left us on the field.

Third, when they told us that they would re-join we asked them to declare on Fark since they are our biggest and strongest opponent. We were told that they couldn't handle Fark at the time so they declared on a meatshield. We all know how effective that is in gaining a tactical advantage, right?

Shortly thereafter, even though they couldn't handle Fark, they declared on TOP, a larger alliance that was already outnumbered by a great deal. Over the past week they have stopped declaring new wars on GOD and started concentrating on TOP.

So, no, I have not kept anyone in war at all. In fact I did the opposite. My counter declaration on Fark was to alleviate our allies in Terra Cotta for having to continue to defend us since they were left holding the bag with us.

As far as the term goes, it doesn't matter what it is. The entire front exited on white peace. The rest of the front exited again tonight on white peace. We will not bend over and take it like happy fools simply because others, who got white peace, think we should surrender.
[/quote]

I do admit that you were steadfast allies in this war, however you pretty much made the same mistake Polar did before you: refused to compromise.

Polar was fighting two sides at once, can you really blame them for trying to close one of their fronts? I'm fairly sure you knew about their intent in advance, why didn't you make the same attempts at securing peace for yourselves as well, while knowing this?

While they did peace out while you're still there, and I can see how that would upset you, with this thread you've basically thrown a fresh bowl of rotten tomatoes on your former ally, knowing full well that the last thing they need right now is another PR wound.

If nothing else, you have nothing to be upset about and all debts are settled between you. You say they screwed you, now you screwed them.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='24 February 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1266994353' post='2200952']
Shortly thereafter, even though they couldn't handle Fark, they declared on TOP, a larger alliance that was already outnumbered by a great deal.
[/quote]

I'm amazed to see you dissemble here, Ivan, and it shouldn't be left unquestioned. As you say: TOP was already outnumbered by a great deal. How does this contradict our position regarding Fark?

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' date='24 February 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1266994639' post='2200966']
Yeah, NSO totally chose IRON over NpO and STA, they totally didn't DoW on FOK in defense of NpO, stand strong when dogpilled by 15 million NS, and then DoW on CSN in defense of STA despite not even having a treaty obligation to do so anymore. Wait...they did.
[/quote]
And Polar totally didn't DOW on GOD in defence of NSO. Oh wait, they did; what is NSO complaining about again? To be honest, declaring a symbolic war that they couldn't even fight was the least NSO could do to repay STA, without whom they'd have gotten this beatdown months ago.

[quote name='D34th' date='23 February 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1266994789' post='2200979']
I wasn't trying to say "we have our reasons don't be quick to judge" but "we have our reasons and they doesn't concern to you." I'll not lose my time explaining thing for you when all you want is make us look bad and support your side of war.

Want to know a funny thing? You and the others haters in this thread are all about [i]"You abandoned your allies in war, this isn't honorable, allies shouldn't act like that!"[/i] but I'm sure that all of you would be happy and saying how much yoo love Polaris if we hadn't honored our treaty with MK. So why should we care to explain things to hypocrities like you?
[/quote]

Because if you had a really good reason for treating oyur allies like this you would post it to make yourselves look better. That you aren't posting anything makes it look like you don't have anything positive to say.

[quote]this also goes to show that it seems that GOD/FARK/or whoever else is holding up the peace process needs to get the $%&@ over themselves and just give NSO white peace. fact is NSO entered to defend Polaris and if you are more than willing to give Polaris white peace, then get over yourselves and give NSO white peace.[/quote]

NSO have made clear that they're unwilling to take the offer so long as IRON remains in the war, and I have neither the authority nor the desire to see IRON out of this war as anything less than a crater. If NSO doesn't want out, I'm okay with that. If NpO does want out, I'm also okay with that.

[quote name='Crymson' date='24 February 2010 - 06:16 AM' timestamp='1266992424' post='2200781']
Wow, Polaris. Your behavior keeps getting more and more unbelievable. In your actions tonight you have broken two more promises: one to this side of the war in general, and, more importantly, a massive one to NSO. You left an ally high and dry.

I imagine this is all the work of Grub, and that he's attempting to get Polaris into a good position before turning control over to Penguin. It seems he's doing this with the belief that the slate will promptly be wiped clean when Penguin ascends. I doubt it will work, and I certainly hope nobody buys it. You---the government of Polaris--- are all a bunch of lying, manipulative backstabbers just like Grub; preaching about "duty" in the context of your repeated expressions of disgust at Grub's actions completely invalidates the latter. You are not mindless; you are simply weak.

o/ NSO.
[/quote]

What did you expect? You try to suck up to and gain the support of an alliance that in the past you imposed huge reps on/had members of their government expelled (and, from what I understand, TOP never even apologized for gov removal) because it seems like they might be supportive of a Crusade Against Lulz . The thing is, what Polar is doing now is what it has been doing... since Grub became emperor. You can criticize it (I'm not a big fan), but I'm not quite sure how you could be surprised to see this. It was your own arrogance, blindness and aggression that brought this situation about... or no.... it was all the mean alliances conspiring against TOP and you never had a chance to survive? You are not mindless; you are simply filled with hate.

[quote name='delendum' date='23 February 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1266995384' post='2201018']
Polar was fighting two sides at once, can you really blame them for trying to close one of their fronts?
[/quote]
It wasn't trying to get out of the war that bothers people, it is the switching sides when they are the ones that started the war.

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='24 February 2010 - 04:04 AM' timestamp='1266995283' post='2201014']
Polar's actions get more and more pathetic.

Burn in hell, NpO.

Good luck, NSO.
[/quote]

For our luck hell has frozen over sometime ago and you know, we love the cold ;)

[quote name='Elyat' date='24 February 2010 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1266995442' post='2201023']
And Polar totally didn't DOW on GOD in defence of NSO. Oh wait, they did; what is NSO complaining about again? To be honest, declaring a symbolic war that they couldn't even fight was the least NSO could do to repay STA, without whom they'd have gotten this beatdown months ago.
[/quote]

I assure you the war is not symbolic, we're still fighting CSN.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1266994933' post='2200988']
That's news to a lot of people. I threatened NpO with far more frequency than I ever did NSO. Did you feel very threatened then, Ivan? 'Cause I think Mr. Sanders is pulling things out of his $@! here. We responded to what was thrown at us and we left it alone after that.
[/quote]
And still no reason no reasoning behind your statement that NSO made a mistake by treatying IRON. Keep in mind that STA stated loudly and clearly that they were going to cancel regardless of the IRON treaty. So what's the reason? You don't like IRON? You wanted NSO on your side? You wanted NSO to have less treaties? I'm just baffled by your reasoning, help me out here? NSO is an abrasive alliance, they need all the help they can get.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='23 February 2010 - 11:01 PM' timestamp='1266995127' post='2201000']
[color="#FF00FF"]Actually, over half of your alliance was in peace mode. You were going to be hitting three Polar nations, wait for three to counter, and then nuke. Escape into peace mode while a second wave entered, they'd do the same, and then a third. A good tactic, very good. Yet now you're criticizing NSO for using tactics? Really buddy, try harder.[/color]
[/quote]
And how many were in peace mode when our war with NpO was so rudely interrupted? I stand by the fact that nearly everyone was engaged with NpO and not escaping to peace mode but this is off topic.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1266995471' post='2201025']
NSO have made clear that they're unwilling to take the offer so long as IRON remains in the war, and I have neither the authority nor the desire to see IRON out of this war as anything less than a crater. If NSO doesn't want out, I'm okay with that. If NpO does want out, I'm also okay with that.
[/quote]
It's almost like Polar doesn't want to fight for IRON or something.

[quote name='Killer Monkey land' date='24 February 2010 - 04:07 AM' timestamp='1266995450' post='2201024']
Because if you had a really good reason for treating oyur allies like this you would post it to make yourselves look better. That you aren't posting anything makes it look like you don't have anything positive to say.
[/quote]

If ours reasons are positive or no, I'll let you decide, ask you Emperor and decide yourself.

[quote name='delendum' date='24 February 2010 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1266995384' post='2201018']
I do admit that you were steadfast allies in this war, however you pretty much made the same mistake Polar did before you: refused to compromise.

Polar was fighting two sides at once, can you really blame them for trying to close one of their fronts? I'm fairly sure you knew about their intent in advance, why didn't you make the same attempts at securing peace for yourselves as well, while knowing this?

While they did peace out while you're still there, and I can see how that would upset you, with this thread you've basically thrown a fresh bowl of rotten tomatoes on your former ally, knowing full well that the last thing they need right now is another PR wound.

If nothing else, you have nothing to be upset about and all debts are settled between you. You say they screwed you, now you screwed them.
[/quote]
That would be partially true if Polar had not told us when they peaced out the first time that peace was already arranged and then we got to watch every other war taking place on the front go to white peace (no terms) while we still fought.

There is no logical reasoning behind anyone claiming we did anything towards Polar at all. All we did was declare in their defense. That's it.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='23 February 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1266995719' post='2201039']
That is very strange Xiphosis. You stated pretty clearly that you wanted to fight Polar for a long time and to keep them bogged down in war. What changed your mind?
[/quote]
According to the TPF thread, some sort of drug deal gone bad involving terrorists :P

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='24 February 2010 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1266995417' post='2201022']
I'm amazed to see you dissemble here, Ivan, and it shouldn't be left unquestioned. As you say: TOP was already outnumbered by a great deal. How does this contradict our position regarding Fark?
[/quote]
Because you claimed to be assisting an ally in need but purposefully avoiding conflict with the alliance that would have alleviated that need.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='24 February 2010 - 02:11 AM' timestamp='1266995719' post='2201039']
That is very strange Xiphosis. You stated pretty clearly that you wanted to fight Polar for a long time and to keep them bogged down in war. What changed your mind?
[/quote]
I did, of course.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='24 February 2010 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1266995719' post='2201039']
[/quote]

Grub said he'd step down? I think that can be marked down as a biggie.

[quote name='Smacky' date='24 February 2010 - 02:09 AM' timestamp='1266995594' post='2201034']
And how many were in peace mode when our war with NpO was so rudely interrupted? I stand by the fact that nearly everyone was engaged with NpO and not escaping to peace mode but this is off topic.
[/quote]
Oh my god stop posting, please. Nobody wants to listen to you babble on about this garbage. Anybody worth being allied with knows the value of peace mode in combat, especially during a curb stomp. You're wrong, do everyone a favor and stop spewing that nonsense.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='23 February 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1266995571' post='2201032']
And still no reason no reasoning behind your statement that NSO made a mistake by treatying IRON. Keep in mind that STA stated loudly and clearly that they were going to cancel regardless of the IRON treaty. So what's the reason?
[/quote]

It was clear at the time IRON would be arrayed against Polar, CnG and SF due to TOP's increasing belligerence. They knew what it meant to sign with IRON, and they knew why IRON suddenly had an interest in it. They let IRON fracture their FA and now they complain.

[quote]Grub said he'd step down? I think that can be marked down as a biggie.[/quote]

^

Better than any set of terms I could think of.