Notice of Cancellation

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='24 February 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1266993760' post='2200899']
I'm sure you guys trolling us non-stop while we regrouped before the attack on GOD was a real sign of your esteem and support.
[/quote]

I don't know what you're talking about. I seen none, and certainly didn't contribute to any.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mhawk' date='24 February 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1266992768' post='2200802']
It is probably closer to you walked into a bear trap, got caught. NSO came and tried to use their body to open the bear trap enough to let you out, at which point you kicked them in the balls, pushed the trap down harder, then ran off on your merry way.
[/quote]

Whatever conclusion make you happy, Ivan has free access to our forums and knows our reasons, and he and his membership is the only who need to like it or not.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='24 February 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1266993806' post='2200907']
Why don't we start with signing with IRON?
[/quote]
Seriously? Superfriends was openly threatening NSO. I doubt they considered your opinion in the matter.

Edited by Bob Sanders

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='24 February 2010 - 01:23 AM' timestamp='1266992835' post='2200813']
They balanced their ODN treaty against the other half dozen non conflicting treaties in order to save their infra.
[/quote]

You mean the one treaty that got hit aggressively for no good reason, and therefore didn't activate the non-chaining clause? Gee Whiz, who knew *that* could cause some problems, and maybe piss some people off and damage your support? Your side put UPN in an utterly atrocious situation, and they've been doing the best they can to deal with it. I really wish they hadn't been placed in such a situation, but such is life I guess.

[quote name='Crymson' date='24 February 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1266993712' post='2200894']
It's a better name than he deserves.
[/quote]

Well *somebody* is a little mad.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='24 February 2010 - 06:41 AM' timestamp='1266993883' post='2200916']
Oh, you mean my alliance being pissed that the allies that we entered to defend went to peace and left us holding the bag? Yeah, you are completely justified in crediting us with that as a "bad move" on our part.

Good job.

I am beginning to believe that it is a systemic issue in Polar instead of a policy one if you are the best they have in this regard.
[/quote]

Pretty much how the NSO would never force their allies to remain in a war by virtue of refusing to accept something silly like doing a beer review?

[quote name='Smacky' date='24 February 2010 - 01:41 AM' timestamp='1266993893' post='2200917']
Losing the most (snicker) isn't the same as giving the most. Screw the odds, if you wanted to be known for giving it your all you'd be doing as much damage as possible to your enemies instead of sipping cold frosties on the bench.
[/quote]
Show us how it is done.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='24 February 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1266992333' post='2200775']
[sarcasm] Why would anyone want to cancel on Bi-Polar? [/sarcasm]

[u]Already Canceled[/u]
Green Land Republic
Rok
New Sith Order
Goons

[u]Still waiting on[/u]
United Purple Nations
Mushroom Kingdom
[/quote]
You make me one sad panda....no mention of Nueva Vida :(

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='24 February 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1266992738' post='2200798']
This is a quote that is very familiar to purple alliances:

<@Altheus|UPN|> this may sound odd then, (and from your pov infra-hugging) but UPN has a realpolitik policy of not attacking if we're going to lose
[/quote]
Wow, i am surprised that Altheus actually made a statement like that :o

I was under the impression that their treaty with ODN, one of the first alliances to get attacked, is what forced them to remain neutral in this conflict.......that statement is #$%&@

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='23 February 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1266993768' post='2200902']
Yeah, something about our opponents sucking at staggers and whatnot. Who knew?

I thought that was pretty much standard procedure.

Since I am fine with accepting Grub's offer to waive the time table perhaps you would like to have your alliance declare on us as well and prove to the world how big and bad you are?
[/quote]
If standard procedure was cowering in the corner as soon as you got a chance to, sure.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='24 February 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1266993871' post='2200913']
Keep digging buddy, I'm waiting for that direct train route to China that Polar has been working on.
[/quote]
If you hadn't noticed, I'm not really digging anywhere. I've made no attempt to explain the rationale behind our decisions nor will I on these boards. It is pointless. However poking fun at someone dragging my alliance's name through the dirt when they have such a colorful record in the past is an excellent way to pass the time.

By the way I forgot to wish the NSO the best earlier in this thread. I like you guys, and I did argue for your point of view. Best of luck out there guys, even if you don't return the feelings.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='24 February 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1266993871' post='2200913']
Keep digging buddy, I'm waiting for that direct train route to China that Polar has been working on.
[/quote]

Dearest Bob, I am more than fully aware of the mistakes that have been made, they are many and several. I do thank you for your kind direction to them anyway. If you will note for future reference, your opinion has never been considered within our alliance, except to provide amusement. Do continue to carry on however.

[quote name='Bob Sanders' date='24 February 2010 - 06:42 AM' timestamp='1266993961' post='2200924']
Seriously? Superfriends was openly threatening NSO. I doubt they considered your opinion in the matter.
[/quote]

It's a good thing the NSO wasn't TOP, amirite?

[quote name=Delendum]Pretty much how the NSO would never force their allies to remain in a war by virtue of refusing to accept something silly like doing a beer review?[/quote]

If it was so silly and playful, they wouldn't insist on it, now would they? No, it's meant to humiliate the defeated enemy and we'll have none of that.

It's not silly to get off free of charge like Polar just did.

Edited by Mussolandia

[quote name='joracy' date='24 February 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1266994000' post='2200925']
You mean the one treaty that got hit aggressively for no good reason, and therefore didn't activate the non-chaining clause? Gee Whiz, who knew *that* could cause some problems, and maybe piss some people off and damage your support? Your side put UPN in an utterly atrocious situation, and they've been doing the best they can to deal with it. I really wish they hadn't been placed in such a situation, but such is life I guess.
[/quote]
You mean, the one treaty that got suspended when UPN was facing enormous odds lined up against them?

Gee.

[quote name='Crymson' date='24 February 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1266993712' post='2200894']
It's a better name than he deserves.
[/quote]
The old adage: "Before you point out the splinter in someone's eye, remove the stump from your own." comes to mind in this situation.

[quote name='raasaa' date='24 February 2010 - 01:45 AM' timestamp='1266994121' post='2200930']
You make me one sad panda....no mention of Nueva Vida :(

Wow, i am surprised that Altheus actually made a statement like that :o

I was under the impression that their treaty with ODN, one of the first alliances to get attacked, is what forced them to remain neutral in this conflict.......that statement is #$%&@
[/quote]

Depends on what day you catch him on, whether he will cite that ODN treaty or a need to save infra.

[quote name='SpoiL' date='24 February 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1266993779' post='2200904']
That means nothing. What are you saying?
[/quote]
I'm saying that Dopp has perpetrated a number of the blunders that caused the breakdown of relations between NpO and NSO; while NpO's errors can be measured in the last month, those of NSO stretch back to the foundation of Frostbite. This conclusion was determined when NSO chose IRON over NpO and STA.

[quote name='the dakotans' date='24 February 2010 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1266994128' post='2200931']
It is sad to see a cancellation, but they didn't deserve you. I wish the sith the best of luck in the future.
[/quote]

Only IRON deserves the goodies.

[quote name='Smacky' date='24 February 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1266993492' post='2200878']
LOL, get your boys out of peace mode before talking about giving it your all.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm loving the peace mode card. Tell me, where you one of those fellows who taunted FAN with it too? If not, why are you using it against NSO.

Well, maybe since you've never fought on the receiving end of a beat down before, perhaps I can shed some light on it for you. To put it simply, it is not as easy as fighting on the larger side as I am sure you are used to. Sometimes you must enter peace mode to regroup and rebuild to an extent, build up some military. Weeks of constant fighting does take a toll. Eventually you come out of peace mode and do some damage, but if you are gung ho and never enter peace mode, you will be bill locked and completely useless. So cut your bravado and get it through your head that the NSO is using an intelligent strategy.

Additionally, I am pretty sure they are going to want to rebuild after this war, so it is no use sending all of their nations out to be destroyed. But then again, I am making the assumption that you even possess the slightest sliver of intelligence. My mistake.[/color]

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' date='23 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266994084' post='2200927']
Show us how it is done.
[/quote]
Are you kidding? Unlike you I've keep my war slots full and the missiles flying for over a month now. What effort have you put into this war on the battlefield?