Notice of Cancellation

[quote name='Locke' date='24 February 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1267019610' post='2201366']
Welp, so much for Polar's "we won't expect peace unless NSO gets out." !@#$%^&*. Complete and utter !@#$%^&*. Cancellation was warranted. Really, despite what's been going on with NpO recently, it isn't until now that my respect for them has actually plumetted. This is sad. Hopefully some proper terms will help you atone for this mess.

Okay, random hate-speech aside, best of luck to NSO, may you be able to secure you and your [i]real[/i] allies some peace soon.
[/quote]

I don't recall NpO stating that they won't seek peace until NSO gets peace. Only that they re-entered on behalf of NSO, and that they are interested in peace for all parties involved in this conflict.

[quote name='Krack' date='24 February 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1267020157' post='2201385']
So FARK never offered to grant peace in exchange for one beer review? If it has "never been on the table", why did your alliance hold a vote as to whether or not to accept the deal? How did 86% of your alliance manage to reject an offer that wasn't made?

/rhetorical questions
[/quote]

It's rather hard to get peace when you won't accept the other party's terms. I have a feeling a lot more than just a beer review is going to be demanded now.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='24 February 2010 - 06:31 AM' timestamp='1266993303' post='2200859']
The New Polar Order acknowledges the cancellation and wishes you all the best in your endeavors, whatever they may be.
[b]
We also consent to the waiving of the cancellation period if you so wish.[/b]

You know where to find me etc etc.
[/quote]

That's funny. "We'll waive the cancellation period after you guys came to our defense" do you ever get more disingenuous and insincere?

I dream of the day where I cram 20 of my nukes down your nation's throat. Just sayin'

[quote name='The AUT' date='24 February 2010 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1267021749' post='2201413']
That's funny. "We'll waive the cancellation period after you guys came to our defense" do you ever get more disingenuous and insincere?

I dream of the day where I cram 20 of my nukes down your nation's throat. Just sayin'
[/quote]

Why wait? Not that I'd endorse such behaviour but I'm sick of hearing all of this "one day I'll get you" if you're so passionate about it, just do it.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='24 February 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1267021945' post='2201415']
Why wait? Not that I'd endorse such behaviour but I'm sick of hearing all of this "one day I'll get you" if you're so passionate about it, just do it.
[/quote]

It's in reference to his post telling watchman, "I dream of the day where I have the opportunity of sticking 20 nukes down your throat. Just sayin'"

[quote name='Jim Bob the Glorious' date='24 February 2010 - 09:15 AM' timestamp='1267021155' post='2201403']
NSO has been offered 'white peace'.
[/quote]

White peace does not involve surrender terms like a beer review and promises to not reenter the conflict.

[quote name='The AUT' date='24 February 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1267022152' post='2201419']
It's in reference to his post telling watchman, "I dream of the day where I have the opportunity of sticking 20 nukes down your throat. Just sayin'"
[/quote]

Must've missed that one.

[quote name='Corinan' date='24 February 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1267022153' post='2201420']
White peace does not involve surrender terms like a beer review and [b]promises to not reenter the conflict.[/b]
[/quote]

So you're saying you may want to re-enter the conflict after you get peace? Because if you don't want to agree to that it suggests you may want/need to re-enter so why bother getting peace at all , cut out the middle man and just stick with it.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='24 February 2010 - 02:34 PM' timestamp='1267022250' post='2201423']

So you're saying you may want to re-enter the conflict after you get peace? Because if you don't want to agree to that it suggests you may want/need to re-enter so why bother getting peace at all , cut out the middle man and just stick with it.
[/quote]

You know damn well that's not what he meant with that statement. Don't be stupid.

Edited by astronaut jones

[quote name='astronaut jones' date='24 February 2010 - 02:39 PM' timestamp='1267022595' post='2201428']
You know damn well that's not what he meant with that statement. Don't be stupid.
[/quote]

I don't see why promising not to re-enter should be an issue for someone who wants out of this conflict, neither do I see a beer review being an issue. NSO is just being pedantic.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' date='24 February 2010 - 09:46 AM' timestamp='1267023008' post='2201434']
I don't see why promising not to re-enter should be an issue for someone who wants out of this conflict, neither do I see a beer review being an issue. NSO is just being pedantic.
[/quote]

Revised post in light of reading up further in the thread...

----------

They are not. I also suggest reviewing the various logs posted on the previous page.

This one in particular...

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=81572&view=findpost&p=2201364

It would appear that a peace with conditions deal was worked out, then yanked off the table.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='24 February 2010 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1267023575' post='2201442']
Is NSO really that anemic to fun? Even AUT did a review.
[/quote]

I negotiated my own peace terms, lol. One of the ones offered was to be "nicer to CnG" but it wasn't going to happen. So I suggested an orange review and he [Arsenal] complied.

Besides if it was up to me I'd of kept on fighting. My members wanted peace so I did the best thing for them and sued for peace. If my members would've wanted to continue I'd of been okay with it too, it's up to NSO and what they want to do.

Edited by The AUT

[quote name='The AUT' date='24 February 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1267022152' post='2201419']
[/quote]
Only difference being, he will do it. They are already at war with TOP...TSO isn't too far away. When watchman does wigglie out of peace mode, there is a chance that he gets to meet Grub.

While in your case, its all talk and no action :rolleyes:

NSO's belligerent insistence on white peace instead of white surrender/cream peace/beer reviews/whatever would make any alliance in NpO's position want to leave them on the battlefield, but NpO put themselves in the position where they would have to either scale back somewhere else and lose face or ditch NSO so no sympathy from this chucklehead.

Was the NpO/GOD peace announced? Presumably there were no stipulations regarding staying out so that they can continue fighting TOP.

Hey Peace mode Clan, I actually did the statistics earlier in the war before Bipolar turned. In fact I gave the numbers to grub and have the numbers logged most likely. You guys had more than 60% of your NS in peace mode, and of the 40% in war mode, more than 50% were AA pirates that tagged along. So that puts you at [b]80% of your orginal NS was in peace mode [/b]when the whole thing started. So stop lying out your Piece of Crap @$$.

There seems to be some confusion on the part of many.

First, taking logs out of context fails. My alliance voted after that conversation not to accept the terms and not to surrender so regardless of anything stated there, it became a moot point once my membership voted 9 to 1 to reject it.

Second, while I personally find the beer review offensive I do not consider it punitive. It is simply a term, acceptance of which acknowledges NSO's surrender to Fark (at least according to Randomly Jim) and my alliance has decided that it will not surrender.

We are simply seeking the same treatment everyone else on the front recieved (sometimes twice).

[quote name='jimbacher' date='24 February 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1267027036' post='2201481']
Hey Peace mode Clan, I actually did the statistics earlier in the war before Bipolar turned. In fact I gave the numbers to grub and have the numbers logged most likely. You guys had more than 60% of your NS in peace mode, and of the 40% in war mode, more than 50% were AA pirates that tagged along. So that puts you at [b]80% of your orginal NS was in peace mode [/b]when the whole thing started. So stop lying out your Piece of Crap @$$.
[/quote]
If you're talking about Poison Clan.

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=\m%2F&input1=Poison+Clan

That's 7 of 71 currently. Granted, they may have originally been in peace mode, but let's face it.

[quote name='Earogema' date='24 February 2010 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1267027327' post='2201490']
If you're talking about Poison Clan.

http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=\m%2F&input1=Poison+Clan

That's 7 of 71 currently. Granted, they may have originally been in peace mode, but let's face it.
[/quote]

Easy to say face it when you are winning. Look at when they [b]Originally[/b] declared on polar. Subtract out the AA pirates and see what you are left with. I love how you now look at their stats when doing so currently is pointless since they are under no real threat.

[quote name='raasaa' date='24 February 2010 - 07:27 AM' timestamp='1267025472' post='2201463']
Only difference being, he will do it. They are already at war with TOP...TSO isn't too far away. When watchman does wigglie out of peace mode, there is a chance that he gets to meet Grub.

While in your case, its all talk and no action :rolleyes:
[/quote]

...it's been a year since TSO formed and a year of empty threats by Grub...give me a break.

[quote name='Earogema' date='24 February 2010 - 07:58 AM' timestamp='1267027327' post='2201490']

[/quote]

Doesn't take much balls to fight a war when you have the numerical superiority. It was much more grueling in the first weeks.