Imperial Decree - New Polar

As sad as I am to see the treaty between GR and Polaris fade away, I am very happy to have the chance to fight alongside Polaris. It has been two and a half years since I last had that pleasure, and its about time I got another dose.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James Dahl' date='06 February 2010 - 11:19 AM' timestamp='1265435353' post='2163266']
Hey! Being random and insane is OUR gig!
:mad::mad:
[/quote]
Oh Noes, our identity, it is stolen!
But kudos to the NpO. XD XD XD XD!

Edited by Pickles

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='06 February 2010 - 05:52 AM' timestamp='1265435546' post='2163292']
TOP has an odd way of helping Polar...attacking multiple directly treatied allies of Polar who were not engaged in combat doesn't really sound like helping to me.
[/quote]

Logs seem contrary to this point.

[quote name='mhawk' date='06 February 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1265435560' post='2163294']
Just end this whole mess now Archon. There will be plenty of time for you to blow up TOP some other day. I highly doubt such a "savage assault" would continue if you went to the table.
[/quote]

No, probably not, but then they'd have a mostly-fully intact upper tier and we would have nothing even close to that. Pairing that with the statements made by Crymson of his desire to "bloody SF and C&G" and the reasonable assumption that TOP will be gunning for MK in the future, and peacing out at the current moment would be a horrible long-term decision for the safety of C&G and her allies.

Simple mechanics, really.

[quote name='mhawk' date='06 February 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1265435560' post='2163294']
Just end this whole mess now Archon. There will be plenty of time for you to blow up TOP some other day. I highly doubt such a "savage assault" would continue if you went to the table.
[/quote]

And why should we let an alliance that aggressively and preemptively attacked us with no CB at all off the hook just like that?

If you want surrender terms I don't think we'd be happy with any term that leaves TOP/IRON sitting with a nation above 1k tech just yet.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='05 February 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1265434801' post='2163169']
It was not an easy decision to request the help of the New Polar Order, just as it was not an easy thing to call on a number of our other allies. However, the Mushroom Kingdom has been under savage assault by a number of alliances whose nations are superior to our own in technology, though perhaps not in ability, and I must do all that I can to protect the men and women of my realm. They look to me for guidance, and I must and will do everything in my means to prolong their lives and ensure their future security.

It is true that the Kingdom and Polaris have had...very strained relations as of late. However, I do have every faith in our ability to continue on as friends, and feel that, despite being laden with emotional strife, we will actually be stronger for it. No alliance is perfect, and we all make mistakes. Many of them. Neither MK nor Polar have been perfect in this war, and that is to be expected given the nature of the conflict. However, that does not take away from the meaning this act holds.

By doing this, you take great harm unto yourself. By doing this, you are blatantly putting yourself into a worse position so that you may help us come out of this alive and victorious. That is a sacrifice on a level few alliances have had the stones to show across the history of this planet, and it is not something this Kingdom will ever forget.

Hail to you, Polaris. To those of you who love us and to those of you who hate us. Through our emotion may we forge tighter bonds, and through our strength may we deliver eachother from this calamity alive and in victory may we rejoice!

o/ Polaris
o/ the Kingdom
o/ Grub
[/quote]

Wow, you realize that you're putting your "friend" in a position to get wrecked on yet another front, and yet you still ask.

With friends like you who needs enemies?

[quote name='heggo' date='06 February 2010 - 12:54 AM' timestamp='1265435664' post='2163308']
So Grub, you just couldn't possibly muster the forces to back us against FARK, but when MK asks you can take on TOP?
[/quote]

I would definitely like to see this point addressed.

Has there been a third side created? Or a forth side? Or fifth? Or is Polaris about to declare on itself? Isn't NpO just getting themselves squished between two sides anyway? On one side is IRON and TOP, and on another are the others, both wanting to kill them. I'm so confused...

I used to consider NpO an honorable bunch. I'm fairly new to politics so I imagine my opinion doesn't matter much but if I'm any indication of the general attitude, NpO has some issues. First, even though your "allies" of the week may be happy to accept your help right now, they'll never trust you again, despite their claims otherwise. Neither side will. You will never live this down. I promise you that. You've proven on TWO recent occasions that anybody who sticks their neck out for you only gets it chopped off when things start to get hard. The true measure of a leader's character is when they persevere through adversity. It's sad to see NpO's leadership is the type that go wherever the wind is blowing. I'm very disappointed that such a grand alliance has been brought to such a low place by such poor leadership.

[quote name='Michael Martin' date='05 February 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1265435862' post='2163341']
I used to consider NpO an honorable bunch. I'm fairly new to politics so I imagine my opinion doesn't matter much but if I'm any indication of the general attitude, NpO has some issues. First, even though your "allies" of the week may be happy to accept your help right now, they'll never trust you again, despite their claims otherwise. Neither side will. You will never live this down. I promise you that. You've proven on TWO recent occasions that anybody who sticks their neck out for you only gets it chopped off when things start to get hard. The true measure of a leader's character is when they persevere through adversity. It's sad to see NpO's leadership is the type that go wherever the wind is blowing. I'm very disappointed that such a grand alliance has been brought to such a low place by such poor leadership.
[/quote]

Hear, Hear!

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='05 February 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1265435708' post='2163317']
No, probably not, but then they'd have a mostly-fully intact upper tier and we would have nothing even close to that. Pairing that with the statements made by Crymson of his desire to "bloody SF and C&G" and the reasonable assumption that TOP will be gunning for MK in the future, and peacing out at the current moment would be a horrible long-term decision for the safety of C&G and her allies.

Simple mechanics, really.
[/quote]
o/NPO

... oh wait

[quote name='unitedblahcentral' date='05 February 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1265435792' post='2163333']
Has there been a third side created? Or a forth side? Or fifth? Or is Polaris about to declare on itself? Isn't NpO just getting themselves squished between two sides anyway? On one side is IRON and TOP, and on another are the others, both wanting to kill them. I'm so confused...
[/quote]

We wanting to kill NpO? The only reason we entered this war was to avoid their decimation, and the breaking of the balance of power. There were some treaty obligations between IRON and the NpO side, but everyone seems to just want to ignore those.