Imperial Decree - New Polar

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So C&G make political hay out of being 'defensive' and drag yet another alliance away from the Polar side. Really, Grub and Polar had nowhere to go once you got one last drag from that treaty before it's burnt out. I feel sorry for Polar and TOP (and STA) because you've played them all by manipulating their honour.

To be honest if I were Polar right now I'd have been very tempted to tell you to go away and pull an e-lawyer over the fact that you did not assist them when FOK and Stickmen attacked, because this helps no-one except C&G who have clearly shown what they think of Polar from the start of this affair.

Edit: However, considering the logs released by Crymson, you were faced with the choice of breaking an agreement with MK (who sided against you from the start) or TOP (who rode in to try to save you) – you definitely took the wrong option, and this will likely result in you having very few friends at the end of the war, as you've managed to betray almost every political entity in the world.

Edited by Bob Janova

[quote name='Seerow' date='06 February 2010 - 08:52 AM' timestamp='1265439171' post='2163689']
If they want peace right now, yes they will face harsh terms. The longer the war goes on, I'd imagine the lighter the terms would be able to be for us to feel comfortable they are no longer a threat.[/quote]

So the longer the war drags out they'll get softer terms right? Did you actually believe that line when you wrote it or ... ?

inb4preterms

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='06 February 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1265460194' post='2164290']
So C&G make political hay out of being 'defensive' and drag yet another alliance away from the Polar side. Really, Grub and Polar had nowhere to go once you got one last drag from that treaty before it's burnt out. I feel sorry for Polar and TOP (and STA) because you've played them all by manipulating their honour.

To be honest if I were Polar right now I'd have been very tempted to tell you to go away and pull an e-lawyer over the fact that you did not assist them when FOK and Stickmen attacked, because this helps no-one except C&G who have clearly shown what they think of Polar from the start of this affair.

Edit: However, considering the logs released by Crymson, you were faced with the choice of breaking an agreement with MK (who sided against you from the start) or TOP (who rode in to try to save you) – you definitely took the wrong option, and this will likely result in you having very few friends at the end of the war, as you've managed to betray almost every political entity in the world.
[/quote]

O bobby bobby McBob, you sooo funnay.

Yes. This is all clearly a clever plot brewed up in the ol' MK thinktank. Hell man, if we shrooms truly were as Machiavellian as you would have us be we would have ruled this joint AGES ago. But hey dont let common sense get in the way of your demonizing us. Or facts.

Edited by Mr.Lister

Mr. Lister, I don't even need to make any minimal logical deductions with this one. It clearly states in the OP that MK requested assistance, despite being fully aware that it would pull Polar onto the 'non-Polar' side, and despite having been part of the operations of the other coalition since the beginning and not at any time assisting Polar from counterattacks.

Grub, at times, honor can be a shortfall at times.

However, I can not lie... I respect you too much because of making this decision.

I hope you didn't bite off more than you can chew, but...

It's still hard for me to find the correct words for this.

And so, all I can say is; Good luck and have fun!

I'd welcome you to the fray, but well, you've been in it longer than any other alliance.

Man, this has just become so... awkward. :wacko:

Edited by Tobistus

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='06 February 2010 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1265437871' post='2163586']
I hope not. I haven't got the time for it.
[/quote]

You better make time for TOPocalypse

edit : Bodvar corrected me its TOPocalypse not VietTOP

Edited by Timberland

"Out of the question MK, TOP supported us in this and we'd never betray them. And why on earth would we declare on the other side while already fighting a handful of other alliances?"

"Did we mention we might consider lowering reps slightly if you do it grub?"

"You know we've never actually [i]liked[/i] TOP, and that DoW of theirs was really poorly written out. Let me just go and write up something about how I really really hate this, 2 secs"

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='06 February 2010 - 07:43 AM' timestamp='1265460194' post='2164290']

[/quote]

I can't remember ever agreeing with anything you've said until now. Damn....

I'm surprised that the general membership of NpO can support their leadership considering Grub has already announced he will be running to exile as soon as he is done destroying Polaris.

Wouldn't it be prudent for the 'working stiffs' of NpO to save their dear alliance and force Grub out now, rather than allow him to operate as a lame duck leader who will see no consequences for his actions?

Just a thought...

[quote name='O-Dog' date='06 February 2010 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1265466582' post='2164422']
The victim complex being displayed by MK is quite spectacular.

Good luck TOP.
[/quote]

There is no victim complex. Just your side trying to place blame for something that is their doing on someone else.

So let me get this straight.

First, you tell Crymson that you'll be fine and dandy if he goes ahead and first strikes.

Then he does, and you all of a sudden act like you never supported it.

So then you declare war on our side... On a smaller alliance like GOD.

And right when people were thinking that maybe you weren't as screwed up as everyone was saying, you turn around, and decide to attack TOP, the same people that pledged to help you, and attack with the people that you attacked before.

If you tried to pull all this off based on honor, I'd say you have a really weird sense of honor.

Edited by Shurukian

[quote name='Shurukian' date='06 February 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1265467993' post='2164468']
So let me get this straight.

First, you tell Crymson that you'll be fine and dandy if he goes ahead and first strikes.

Then he does, and you all of a sudden act like you never supported it.

So then you declare war on our side... On a smaller alliance like GOD.

And right when people were thinking that maybe you weren't as screwed up as everyone was saying, you turn around, and decide to attack TOP, the same people that pledged to help you, and attack with the people that you attacked before.

If you tried to pull all this off based on honor, I'd say you have a really weird sense of honor.
[/quote]

It's almost as if NpO had an e-relationship with MK, then TOP came and NpO kind of started talking to them, and that pissed MK off enough to blow up and call him out on it, and then NpO went back to MK and war happened.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='06 February 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1265440232' post='2163796']
The simplest and most effective means of ensuring we would not want to go to war with you again would have been to offer white peace. This would have assuaged all hostilities towards you, and without the grave cost of your nations and allies nations burning. You could have even kept that morale high ground you've worked so hard to attain over the past year. Instead you will attempt to annihilate us, forcing us into a survival position in which those you say you wish to protect will only endure unncessary harm.

[size=2]

[/size][size=2]Rather than breaking the cycle you have only exacerbated it, and certainly done nothing to make anyone think the perceptions were unfounded.[/size]
[/quote]
White Peace was given to TPF.

Guess which side they are on now.

[quote name='Jerichoholic' date='06 February 2010 - 06:59 AM' timestamp='1265468394' post='2164490']
White Peace was given to TPF.

Guess which side they are on now.
[/quote]
Technically at the time of white peace, you guys did the peacing out because we had 5x the NS on your side declared. On another note however you started that war, and if you count this DoW as Polar being on your side, well your side started THIS war also.

[quote name='AirMe' date='06 February 2010 - 06:42 AM' timestamp='1265467322' post='2164447']
There is no victim complex. Just your side trying to place blame for something that is their doing on someone else.
[/quote]
Do you really buy the whole "mk is under savage assault and threat of annhilation" statement from Archon? You know very well peace could be achieved and that Citadel is not a threat.

Grub, you gave TOP the green light to hit CnG and then you decide to [i]honour[/i] your treaty with MK by hitting TOP. There is very little disbute regarding whether you intentionally sold out your friends in CnG to settle an old score with an alliance you have recently feigned frienship with. If. however, there was any doubt as to how treacherous of a dog you really were by this point, you then proceeded to remove it from the minds of skeptics and friends alike by stepping down from your post as Emperor. Perhaps because you lacked the fortitude to face the consequences that will inevitably result from your actions or, more likely, in a crude attempt to absolve your comrades of any accountability for your actions.

Edited by SunnyInc