Imperial Decree - New Polar

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='06 February 2010 - 02:53 AM' timestamp='1265453629' post='2164211']
I don't believe TOP has asked for peace...I was referencing him stating when we did he will be jolly to stick it to us. Do try again.
[/quote]
Really? The impression I got was that TOP/IRON/ the rest of you lot were wanting to white peace out of this war.

Perhaps it was just some members of those alliances, and not official position, but I was arguing against the position that it would be in the best interest of C&G to deliver a white peace this early in this conflict.

If that is a position that TOP and friends also shares, my apologies for stating otherwise. You know how the rumour mill flows :)

[quote name='Angrator' date='06 February 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1265453790' post='2164214']
He wasn't asking. When we come to beg, we'll let you know.
[/quote]

You hold me in such esteem that you would come to me, before any of the alliances you are in war with, to state you are begging for surrender terms?

While I am flattered, I must say I am confused as I am not at war with the NSO at this time.

Edited by Caliph

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Caliph' date='06 February 2010 - 01:56 AM' timestamp='1265453815' post='2164215']
Really? The impression I got was that TOP/IRON/ the rest of you lot were wanting to white peace out of this war.

Perhaps it was just some members of those alliances, and not official position, but I was arguing against the position that it would be in the best interest of C&G to deliver a white peace this early in this conflict.

If that is a position that TOP and friends also shares, my apologies for stating otherwise. You know how the rumour mill flows :)

[/quote]

Apology accepted. :)

Regardless, for an outweighed opponent to be doing as much or more damage as has been done, maybe it would be advantageous to you to declare it. ;)

Again, I am simply an applicant, so don't twist my words for those of TOP.

Edited by Chalaskan

[quote name='tamerlane' date='06 February 2010 - 04:12 AM' timestamp='1265451161' post='2164166']
If you ever care to check your treaty list or ask the people themselves, we were involved in trying to mediate the cluster$%&@ that was that mess to a resolution that benefited all our allies.[/quote]
Your treaty said nothing about mediation,half the alliance that are declaring or using the MD of their treaties.They aren't using mediation they are going in regardless of treaty partners.STA is not declared against those fighting NpO they declared in defense of your side of the fight.They are ignoring a treaty partner and fighting for another.I have heard no condemnation for this action from your side of the fight.Thus NpO could have ignored their commitment to MK by this acceptance of STA's actions.Permissible if it benefits MK condemned if its doesn't.I expect sophist of MK caliber to fail to understand this nuance.

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='06 February 2010 - 03:06 AM' timestamp='1265454362' post='2164225']
Apology accepted. :)

Regardless, for an outweighed opponent to be doing as much or more damage as has been done, maybe it would be advantageous to you to declare it. ;)

Again, I am simply an applicant, so don't twist my words for those of TOP.
[/quote]
Understandable, and just so we are clear my alliance is not in this war at the moment. This war does involve our allies, however it is my understanding they have not requested military assistance from us yet. We will not bandwagon in a war where we are not wanted, and so until our allies ask for our assistance, I am officially neutral in this war.

[quote name='Yggdrazil' date='06 February 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1265454462' post='2164229']
Your treaty said nothing about mediation,half the alliance that are declaring or using the MD of their treaties.They aren't using mediation they are going in regardless of treaty partners.STA is not declared against those fighting NpO they declared in defense of your side of the fight.They are ignoring a treaty partner and fighting for another.I have heard no condemnation for this action from your side of the fight.Thus NpO could have ignored their commitment to MK by this acceptance of STA's actions.Permissible if it benefits MK condemned if its doesn't.I expect sophist of MK caliber to fail to understand this nuance.
[/quote]

Why would they condemn wrong actions when it benefits them?

[quote name='Caliph' date='06 February 2010 - 02:10 AM' timestamp='1265454615' post='2164232']
Understandable, and just so we are clear my alliance is not in this war at the moment. This war does involve our allies, however it is my understanding they have not requested military assistance from us yet. We will not bandwagon in a war where we are not wanted, and so until our allies ask for our assistance, I am officially neutral in this war.
[/quote]

I imagine the time will come soon. Saying you are neutral is akin to C&G saying they were at the beginning of this conflict when NpO was begging TOP/IRON to help.

[quote name='Chalaskan' date='06 February 2010 - 03:14 AM' timestamp='1265454855' post='2164236']
I imagine the time will come soon. Saying you are neutral is akin to C&G saying they were at the beginning of this conflict when NpO was begging TOP/IRON to help.
[/quote]
The only allies we have are both involved in this war on the side opposite to TOP.
Should either request our assistance, we will be there. So far neither has requested our entrance to my knowledge.

I myself have more friends on the side that is against TOP, and that is the side, if any, that I suspect my alliance would enter on, but as of right now we are not in the war and are thus, neutral. Or, I suppose you could state we are in reserve, but anyone who is knowledgeable about our treaties already knew that.

That said, best of luck :) Hope you get in the war soon and have a blast destroying some infra and tech and land :)

[quote name='Moridin' date='06 February 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1265451801' post='2164179']
Declaring war on TOP puts more heat, not less, on the alliance. I can also fully guarantee that he got [i]more[/i] backlash from allies, not less, for going to NSO's aid, and [i]even more[/i] from the decision to hit TOP. This whole entire war has been one disaster after another that has continually put NpO in a worse and worse position, not better. If you think for even a second that NpO is somehow coming out on top here because of Grub's clever survivalist tactics you couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Also, love the NAAC jabs. Because it totally makes you a "survivalist" if you join an alliance after your previous one [i]disbands[/i]. God knows there's plenty of legitimate criticism to go around here, why in the world do you need to resort to this crap?

Grub decided to resign well before the DoW on TOP was planned.
[/quote]

And who is responsible for this "disaster"?

I bet it isn't Grub :rolleyes:

[quote name='Caliph' date='06 February 2010 - 02:25 AM' timestamp='1265455503' post='2164242']
The only allies we have are both involved in this war on the side opposite to TOP.
Should either request our assistance, we will be there. So far neither has requested our entrance to my knowledge.

I myself have more friends on the side that is against TOP, and that is the side, if any, that I suspect my alliance would enter on, but as of right now we are not in the war and are thus, neutral. Or, I suppose you could state we are in reserve, but anyone who is knowledgeable about our treaties already knew that.

That said, best of luck :) Hope you get in the war soon and have a blast destroying some infra and tech and land :)
[/quote]

I do not speak specifically of you at all. You are a soldier as am I. This war is about ideals, and ours probably conflict. I don't hold a grudge towards yourself specifically, just those that pioneer it and then degenerate to the point they declare on those trying to help the cause.

Ignoring the past 24 pages of people arguing about random crap, I'll get straight to the point.

Grub... Now, without any doubt whatsoever, I can say that I respect you. I may not agree with you on, well, anything, but this decision was an honorable one and you made it despite not necessarily wanting to.

I wish you the best in your war with TOP, especially since I like them significantly less than you. :awesome:

[quote name='Godwin' date='06 February 2010 - 05:49 AM' timestamp='1265456942' post='2164256']
Ignoring the past 24 pages of people arguing about random crap, I'll get straight to the point.

Grub... Now, without any doubt whatsoever, I can say that I respect you. I may not agree with you on, well, anything, but this decision was an honorable one and you made it despite not necessarily wanting to.

I wish you the best in your war with TOP, especially since I like them significantly less than you. :awesome:
[/quote]

you respect fighting both sides?

[quote name='Bodvar Jarl' date='06 February 2010 - 01:34 PM' timestamp='1265452469' post='2164192']
Oh, and vietTOP would be ripping off on something that already happened, let's call it [b]TOPocalypse.[/b]
[/quote]
I love it :nuke:

I like the hearing of TOPocalypse :nuke: , although I hope that TOP/IRON will find peace soon, hopefully when NpO get peace by the side of C&G et al :ehm: .
Concerning NpO actions, I don't get it, these seems to not be the actions of a sovereign alliance. As STA selected a side, so must NpO, it is not so difficult to actually make decisions. If you want to stand by MK et al. then ditch NSO again, after all you know the drill.

Edited by Balkan Banania