Imperial Decree - New Polar

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kortal' date='06 February 2010 - 11:49 AM' timestamp='1265474988' post='2164665']
itt ODN lectures on the evils of opportunism

With a [i]straight face[/i]
[/quote]

They have grown quite brazen after getting under the wing of C&G, haven't they?

[quote name='Corinan' date='06 February 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1265476370' post='2164704']
They have grown quite brazen
[/quote]
NSO calling someone brazen, oh boy :rolleyes:

Oh, and nice try to spin this offtopic but accusing us of being brazen doesn't have anything to do with us being attacked, just sayin'.

[quote name='itseZe' date='06 February 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1265476806' post='2164716']
NSO calling someone brazen, oh boy :rolleyes:

Oh, and nice try to spin this offtopic but accusing us of being brazen doesn't have anything to do with us being attacked, just sayin'.
[/quote]

I never said we weren't.

It's just amusing to see the change in attitude in ODN once you gained a new master.

[quote name='Corinan' date='06 February 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1265477357' post='2164737']
I never said we weren't.

It's just amusing to see the change in attitude in ODN once you gained a new master.
[/quote]

New master? ODN is the largest alliance in CnG. If anything we are the puppets and they are the master :v:

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='02 February 2010 - 06:31 AM' timestamp='1265088712' post='2152238']
10. The New Polar Order therefore declares war on the Global Order of Darkness. Whilst it would be easy to assume I am doing so because I hate Xiphosis and vice versa, this is not the case. We are committed to ending this war as rapidly as possible, preferably by a white peace agreement for everyone engaged including but not limited to TOP, IRON, C&G and SF and all their related friends and well wishers. I can not however stand idly by whilst my comrades are in deep trouble on our behalf.[/quote]

We await white peace offer from NpO.

@everyone

Grub (I will not use NpO as I seriously doubt he has widespread support for last few moves he made) did not do something honorable here. He didn't make a tough choice and defend his allies. Instead he has backstabbed them not once, not twice but three times. First he wanted to take out \m/ and was ready to deploy TOP on his direct allies in MK and GR. He even authorized our attack. Then when he got what he wanted with \m/ he wanted to jump out of the war and play dumb. Since that didn't work and NSO was left in the war because they were not granted peace, and IRON was still in, he thought well maybe we can still do something here and honor our allies and help them. So he jumps in to support NSO (and at same time vows to work for peace/white paece for all alliances on his side). Then he sees that the war will be tough, and peace not near in sight so he thinks damn, we must go back, try to get brownie points with CnG side and get favorable peace. $%&@ TOP. So he attacks us.

Sad thing is, I really do not understand how someone with as much experience as Grub can act as an immature child. He changed his mind so many times, spat on so many relations on both side (CnG guys, remember, he AUTHORIZED the attack on you and had no issue with it, as long as it served his purposes) that there is absolutely no way this can be a good move for NpO. It was extremely bad case of opportunism with lack of will to suffer the consequences of failed decisions. Now Grub must live with that.

I wish good luck to all of NpO, I hope you can turn this around and wash away this stain on your name. I believe it will be a hard one, but it's doubtful it can get any worse.

PS. It seems it's some sort of a trend, greatest emperors making the biggest mistakes in the end.

[quote name='Corinan' date='06 February 2010 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1265477357' post='2164737']
[/quote]
You need to pay more attention to us, we changed our attitude quite a while ago ;)

[quote name='Zeta Defender' date='05 February 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1265435117' post='2163219']
WTF is going on & what is everyone smoking :facepalm:
[/quote]

What ever it is, it would be classified under " New Designer"

The best we could hope for is there is only a limited supply and it doesn't turn into an epidemic

[quote name='Instr' date='05 February 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1265434956' post='2163193']
most legendary war ever
[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself. In all honesty, I'm surprised there hasn't been an alliance on both sides of a war before this, with how messed up the treaty web has been.

[quote name='Duncan King' date='05 February 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1265435161' post='2163232']
I sincerely hope that the next Emperor will have the integrity to choose one side and stick with it.
[/quote]

I'm not sure why everyone seems to care so much about sides. Sides are irrelevant, as they have been in every war, it just shows more in this war then others. Wars like this aren't about sides. They are about defending our friends. Can anyone even tell me a CB for this war any more? There isn't one. There aren't sides. The sides are just an illusion formed by alliances canceling treaties and signing new ones. If every alliance honored every treaty like Polar did, then we'd have more wars like this, with alliances on multiple sides, defending their friends from aggression. This is the world we all fought for in Karma. This is the new Planet Bob, and damn, am I happy to see it.

Edited by Nintenderek

[quote name='Saber' date='06 February 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1265477605' post='2164741']

PS. It seems it's some sort of a trend, greatest emperors making the biggest mistakes in the end.
[/quote]

I never saw Grub as a great emperor. I do agree on your view of what's been happening, though.

[quote name='mhawk' date='06 February 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1265478925' post='2164769']
You're marching in circles bud.
[/quote]

Truth be told, it is not his fault. He is just fallowing his leader.

Also, I lold

[quote name='MikeTheFirst' date='06 February 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1265479267' post='2164779']
I never saw Grub as a great emperor. I do agree on your view of what's been happening, though.
[/quote]

To be fair, he was a great emperor as I see it. But what made him a great emperor is not so well known by the public. His presence at Polaris head during the no-CB war and what came afterward was of paramount importance in keeping the alliance together during the war and the reparations period and in allowing it to have that swift recovery both statistically and diplomatically after everything was done. I was there back then and I can say the man was an excellent leader in that period.

He made his share of mistakes, specially recently, and has his flaws, but no one can deny the importance he had in Polaris' history.

Edited by Dujek Onearm

[quote name='Dujek Onearm' date='06 February 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1265480022' post='2164797']
To be fair, he was a great emperor as I see it. But what made him a great emperor is not so well known by the public. His presence at Polaris head during the no-CB war and what came afterward was of paramount importance in keeping the alliance together during the war and the reparations period and in allowing it to have that swift recovery both statistically and diplomatically after everything was done. I was there back then and I can say the man was an excellent leader in that period.

He made his share of mistakes, specially recently, and has his flaws, but no one can deny the importance he had in Polaris' history.
[/quote]

The recovery of NpO was amazing. It's hard for people on the outside to see what the influence is of their leader on that process, though. What I [i]can[/i] see, is their FA road and I can't say I'm impressed, with everything that happened in this war as a new low.