Imperial Decree - New Polar

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='06 February 2010 - 02:48 AM' timestamp='1265442532' post='2163950']
Err..yes. Archon and AirMe supported their allies. Damn them. I don't remember the circumstances, but damn that is a stretch.

[b]I think its been established word leaked of the preemptive attack and we moved to protect ourselves from it. There is a clear lack of OPSEC from their side evident there, but no plot by us. We heard about it, and reacted[/b].
[/quote]

It has been established by YOUR side that word has leaked, just as a leaked file (OOC: screenshot) showed that the Initiative was preparing to defend Pacifica against Legion aggression. Legion reacted by declaring war on FAN and TOP; IRON/TOP likely had credible evidence that CnG would declare against them once IRON/TOP joined this war.

Hell, I had proof: It's called watching the conduct of members towards other members.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' date='06 February 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1265443569' post='2163999']
CnG aren't the only 7 fighting here. Can CnG state for sure that all those that have come in to aid CnG want to continue this war. Or are they willing to take white peace. If they choose white peace and TOP and co. also will accept white peace, then it has to be said that this war is continuing by CnG's choice. CnG Leaders have an obligation to CnG, yes. But they also have to consider those that came in to fight on your side and what they want out of this war. If continuing is what they choose, then at least its their choice. If not then they have to consider peace now.
[/quote]
Just as white peace is a decision for all sides to make, so was the decision to directly attack C&G. Really this seems like TOP and friends attacking with what seemed to be when C&G's allies were largely busy, and now when it turns out the sides have realligned now you guys want white peace.

I'm neutral in this war, as both sides have publicly badmouthed my alliance, but for the sake of all of our intelligence here please stop from making such hypocritical statements.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='06 February 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1265439998' post='2163775']
This situation is perpetuating itself. TOP thought that CnG was a danger to its existence so it attacks CnG. Now, CnG is using the same argument to keep TOP at war (or give them harsh reps), thus fulfilling TOP's fears. I'm glad I'm not involved in this. :mellow:
[/quote]
So someone comes up to you, slaps you in the face and you let them walk away? If you do you're a !@#$%, nothing can be claimed otherwise.

It's no secret C&G had no love for TOP or TOP for C&G, but when they declared an agressive war, doesn't matter if they thought it was part of the NpO \m/ spat, C&G won't just let them walk away with a slap on the wrist. You reap what you sow

Edited by Shep309

[quote name='Heft' date='06 February 2010 - 01:18 AM' timestamp='1265440727' post='2163833']
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that it wasn't the white peace that caused them to "line up" against you.
[/quote]

Of course it wasn't the white peace. The white peace only gave them the opportunity to attack so soon. It was a combination of their own vindictiveness, paranoia and inability to think strategically that caused them to plow into the rest of Planet Bob like Slim Pickens on an ICBM.

[quote name='Moridin' date='06 February 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1265443727' post='2164010']
C&G can't guarantee their allies won't offer or accept white peace, but since we haven't seen that happen there's no reason to argue the point. If that were to happen C&G would be granting peace out of military necessity and not whatever insane moral obligation you think they have.
[/quote]

If CnG makes peace with TOP and co. then there will be many alliances peacing out exactly the way it happened last week with the Polar - \m/ war.

There is a simple peace here in this war. Ignore it at your own peril. Good luck then, continue this war.

[quote name='Arcades057' date='06 February 2010 - 09:14 AM' timestamp='1265444061' post='2164023']
IRON/TOP likely had credible evidence that CnG would declare against them once IRON/TOP joined this war.
[/quote]
I find that hard to belive. Mostly due to the fact that CnG as a whole was not in any way or form assigned to either of those alliances, or to torn or dawn either for that matter (why do everyone forget them, I feel sorry for the poor saps). While some of cng felt angry at polar for their initial move our place in the war was not set in stone since we still had treaties on both sides.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='06 February 2010 - 03:21 AM' timestamp='1265444505' post='2164036']
If CnG makes peace with TOP and co. then there will be many alliances peacing out exactly the way it happened last week with the Polar - \m/ war.

There is a simple peace here in this war. Ignore it at your own peril. Good luck then, continue this war.
[/quote]
We will with the support of our allies. I wish you luck in your hole.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='06 February 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1265444505' post='2164036']If CnG makes peace with TOP and co. then there will be many alliances peacing out exactly the way it happened last week with the Polar - \m/ war.[/quote]

Is anyone disputing this? If so, who? If not, what's your point?

[quote name='Fernando12' date='06 February 2010 - 02:21 AM' timestamp='1265444505' post='2164036']

[/quote]

C&G and Super Friends would have to be the dumbest people on the planet to offer peace, so that the exact same alliances can spend six months building up and attack again. They just let the LEGION OF FAIL off the hook last war and look where it got them - for the most part, the exact same group is trying to screw them again.

Let me correct myself, anyone who believes it would be a good idea for C&G and Super Friends to offer white peace at the present time would have to be the dumbest person on the planet.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='06 February 2010 - 02:06 AM' timestamp='1265443569' post='2163999']
CnG aren't the only 7 fighting here. Can CnG state for sure that all those that have come in to aid CnG want to continue this war. Or are they willing to take white peace. If they choose white peace and TOP and co. also will accept white peace, then it has to be said that this war is continuing by CnG's choice. CnG Leaders have an obligation to CnG, yes. But they also have to consider those that came in to fight on your side and what they want out of this war. If continuing is what they choose, then at least its their choice. If not then they have to consider peace now.
[/quote]
I'd be inclined to think that the various governments of said alliances have discussed these things, being as I'm not gov I can't give you a definative answer, however, I'm confident in saying that our allies knew the risks when involving themselves in this conflict via the contact with C&G member alliance govs

If I see anyone surrender it's because you can't handle the war! :mad:

For those against my brother and I, please give up because you're outmatched and outplayed. So save what's left of your warchest, or rebuild and have your infra burned to the ground again. <_<

[quote name='Caliph' date='06 February 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1265444276' post='2164029']
Just as white peace is a decision for all sides to make, so was the decision to directly attack C&G. Really this seems like TOP and friends attacking with what seemed to be when C&G's allies were largely busy, and now when it turns out the sides have realligned now you guys want white peace.

I'm neutral in this war, as both sides have publicly badmouthed my alliance, but for the sake of all of our intelligence here please stop from making such hypocritical statements.
[/quote]
Caliph, FYI I am not allied to TOP. My ally itt just declared on TOP. My interest here is seeing this war end for what I hope is the best for all involved. But if this is the battlefield where they all want to choose as the time to fight, then so be it.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Shep309' date='06 February 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1265444366' post='2164031']
So someone comes up to you, slaps you in the face and you let them walk away? If you do you're a !@#$%, nothing can be claimed otherwise.

It's no secret C&G had no love for TOP or TOP for C&G, but when they declared an agressive war, doesn't matter if they thought it was part of the NpO \m/ spat, C&G won't just let them walk away with a slap on the wrist. You reap what you sow
[/quote]

I'm afraid you misunderstand me. I'm simply stating how absurd the whole situation is. I'm not suggesting anything.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='06 February 2010 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1265445281' post='2164059']
I'm afraid you misunderstand me. I'm simply stating how absurd the whole situation is. I'm not suggesting anything.
[/quote]
In that case you have my apologies, and my agreement in the absurdity of the entire situation :)

[quote name='brickyard' date='06 February 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1265445841' post='2164071']
ITT: Joining the winning side
[/quote]

So the plan did work? Good job AlmightyGrub! Your illogical plan by far surpassed my comprehension.

Edit: I never thought they'd take the bait.

Edited by Tick1

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='06 February 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1265437097' post='2163508']
OK... I am confused now. What side does this put us on?
I am getting confused now and from the looks of things I am not the only one.
[/quote]

I don't think you are on a side.

You've gone rogue. Grub decided that he was done, and the NpO is now rogue.

ohh one more?
nice, so gopher, question for you, how much more declarations against us do we need, to break the record of Pacifica from the KArma war? would be another great stat to collect, i guess. :ehm:

on the other side, welcome polar, let us see, where this desicion will lead us to.

Edited by necAnt

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='06 February 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1265440504' post='2163817']
This is the most ridiculous crock of nonsense I've seen in all my time on Bob.

[snip]

Nothing left to say.
[/quote]

Its a great (obviously by great I mean stupid) thing to see that the Minister of Foreign Affairs that took over after me for UPN (Sephirdorf was first, obviously, and then Fenrir and after her then came King John, but I clearly don't mean them [b]HINT-HINT[/b]) decided to quickly denounce the treaty that I worked so hard for (I'm looking in a certain variation of Sue and Peggy's way).

I'm sure you had the approval of the founder and the rest of the Cabinet to post such things right? I would hope so, because if it were any other circumstance you should be reprimanded and shown the door. But I would never presume to tell the UPN what's right, especially since I'm not around anymore. I'm just saying (as one democratic leader to another) that if the alliance in a democratic system has a treaty with another alliance then all leaders should support such a bond. Those that vocally do not support such a union should do so in private channels (especially in UPN's semi-democratic position).

Perhaps UPN's Minister of Foreign Affairs should get her act coordinated with the rest of UPN's Cabinet and most importantly UPN's Founder before the aforementioned Minister of Foreign Affairs decides to publicly denounce such an action by UPN's ally.

Polaris' ally in the Lost World is prepared to support them and would very much like to talk with the leadership of the New Polar Order in the near future.

- [url="http://z6.invisionfree.com/Unitd_Purple_Nations/index.php?showtopic=883"]UPN - NpO treaty that the MoFA of UPN likes to ignore[/url]

Edited by Bones Malone