A Dispatch from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

mkflag.png

Hello, Cybernations. It's been a while. We don't usually talk about much of our business over here - it's just not really my style. But, after having to deal with a bunch of whining the last time we quietly canceled a treaty, I figured it just might be easier to announce it here. And, since I'm wasting all of your time (and my own) doing this, I might as well add in a few other things we've had in the wings.

So, to begin - the Mushroom Kingdom recently completed an exhaustive review of all of our standing treaties. As it happens, we have quite a lot of them. Despite that, when the long and bitter arguing was over and all the input was considered from across the entire alliance, only three treaties were deemed to bite the dust. These were as follows: A PIAT with RnR, a PIAT with RoK, and a NAP with MHA. Upon further review, we discovered what was listed as a NAP isn't really a NAP at all...it's not even really a treaty. There's really no need to cancel it, since that'd be rude, but if you're wondering why it's going to disappear from our records that's why. As for Ragnarok, we decided to cancel *prior* to Hoo retaking power. And, for added effect (which'll only really work for those familiar with the Hoo-MK dynamic), it was actually due to Hoo and his new government's approach to things that we decided to reverse our decision and maintain the treaty. Thus, we are hereby announcing the cancellation of the PIAT between the Mushroom Kingdom and RnR. We served notice privately a couple years ago, so any expiration periods have since elapsed.

I guess I'll take the next moment to stroke the Kingdom's collective ego. It's quite huge and needy, so you'll have to bear with me. It's my pleasure to announce that we're only the fifth alliance in the history of Cybernations, and the fourth in the modern score era, to break into the top twelve alliances in the game without being "sanctionable!" Furthermore, we've also broken 6 million NS since last announcing stats! Furthermore, we've also broken 7 million NS since last announcing stats! We're actually awful close to 8 million. And 500k tech. Aw hell, just click on this and save me the effort: http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance...hroom%20Kingdom.

On the personnel front, we have a new Lord High Envoy (that our MoFA for those of you unfamiliar with our terminology). So please feel free to send your condolences to the rest of us as you congratulate MagicalTrevor on his promotion! This means that the potato has retired. We're also completely redoing our Foreign Affairs staff and approach (hurr cancellations hurr), so you might notice some changes to who your alliance is talking to. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. And Lord of Destruction wanted me to note his name is Lord of Destruction, not Lord_of_Destruction. He keeps complaining, so I figured I'd give him his moment.

Staying on the foreign affairs kick, the Mushroom Kingdom recently absorbed one of her protectorates. Amaranth, an alliance which was founded by one of MK's original founders and first Prince (Kamichi), has decided to come home. As a result of this, kamichi will be working with bros as a second Castellan of the Keep (board admin). This is also part of what was behind our sudden massive spike in score for the curious ones out there.

Lastly, I'd like to end this on a brief note concerning a few recent rumors. Sadly, unlike most alliances and blocs out there, we're not proficient at leaking private logs, so I figure I should probably come out and just say this straight and plain. The Kingdom is full of people who are free to speak their mind, and I would never dream of casting aspersions upon them. I'll never demand that they follow a certain model or obey with perfect obedience that borders on sycophancy. They know this and do not typically abuse it. However, as a consequence, they do often speak their mind quite boldly, and are fairly vocal about who they like and who they don't. Especially that second part. But they do not decide the policy of the Kingdom. I do. So take it from me - we are *not* planning on rolling Purple. We are not planning on rolling BelAir. We sure as **** aren't planning on rolling TOP (as if we could). Yeah, there are those in the Kingdom who really wish we were and quite frankly I'm okay with that. And with respect to some of you, I don't even really like you. However, I'm not about to let my own personal feelings drive MK foreign policy. So uh...seriously? We're not planning on rolling you, mmkay? I mean, if it happens it happens, but we're not planning on it :P

Archon

King of the Mushroom Kingdom

P.S. - Questions?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the personnel front, we have a new Lord High Envoy (that our MoFA for those of you unfamiliar with our terminology). So please feel free to send your condolences to the rest of us as you congratulate MagicalTrevor on his promotion! This means that the potato has retired. We're also completely redoing our Foreign Affairs staff and approach (hurr cancellations hurr), so you might notice some changes to who your alliance is talking to. Hopefully everything will go smoothly. And Lord of Destruction wanted me to note his name is Lord of Destruction, not Lord_of_Destruction. He keeps complaining, so I figured I'd give him his moment.

It was the epic treaty announcement fail wasn't it?

Glad to see MK doing so well.

MT is a smash hit, as you can see:

[23:42] <@Random_Gone> OH GODS YOU MADE MT MOFA

[23:42] <@Random_Gone> brb dropping MK-Polar treaty

[23:43] <@Random_Gone> It was nice knowing you