Ordo Verde Announcement

sethb

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armageddon's coming soon, I'm agreeing with Schatt and Finster.

I agree as well. The mistake they made was going after him and the publicly taking a swipe at GUN by killing this treaty. I expect we will see one of two things happen. The members of OV take control of their alliance back or let things stand and slowy be absorbed by VE. The only people not looking bad in this is GUN whom was the target of this public smear.

Well, now we have Seth's and Zenergy's version of events. This looks like one of those situations where everybody did what they thought was right, and everyone had to ignore some part of the law to execute their version – and because Seth is close friends with VE, it's his side which they have taken up. Unless the 'five months without an election' is a fabrication, in which case Tito and Zenergy have done nothing wrong.

I certainly think now that attacking Zenergy is wrong.

I'm not sure if this has been questioned yet, but where is 5 months coming from? Seth resigned in September as emperor. Unless Seth is counting since before he took over as emperor....

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...=68537&st=0 as reference.

Interesting :popcorn:

looks like VE's entire "Tito placed himself as a dictator with the help of zenergy" argument has been smashed.

Edited by silentkiller

Well, I won't lie, this is the exact sort of behavior I've come to expect from Seth lately. Taking back "his" alliance, couping a legitimate government because he had the illegal backing of a larger power...this is almost typical. Perhaps, Seth, if it was "your" alliance, you should not have left it in the first place?

If what Zenergy said is true, OV and VE really should have been quietly covering things up instead of drawing public attention to SethB's coup.

Does anyone know for sure when Zenergy was elected?

EDIT: ok so sounds like '5 months without an election' is a fabrication too.

Edited by Teriethien

By this point, it was pretty obvious what was going on. When I spoke with Seth that evening, he kept going on and on about Tito, and how he was spying on OV and sending screenshots to the NPO. Tito told me about this when it happened, and that he’d offered to Fran screenshots of Seth’s refusal to hand over #ov. It seemed to be of questionable judgment, but well within his rights as a trium. It also seemed fishy that Seth was mad about information being released that painted him in a negative light, and that seemed like more of the real motivation.

Screenshots from OV's forums going to NPO? Wow, the irony is kinda funny. (Yes I know they weren't accepted, but I still find it humorous.)

Just one more thing....

This is actually one part where their charter shines, It details the composition of the council as well as what votes are needed to pass certain measures, because there is no one else to vote Petars legislative authority is actually quite limited, he can never make the requisite majority as only one man in the three seat vote.

His only real option is to hold elections, as without at least 2 members the governments functionality is quite limited.

This, along with sethb not actually being in government, makes me wonder: Who canceled this treaty? :columbo:

If that is what happened then it seems that Schattenmann's assessment of the legality of both VE and SethB's actions is correct.

Schattenmann's assessment is pulled out of thin air, and I'm honestly very disappointed by it. The crucial fact being ignored is Tito remained in power for 5 months and would still not hold elections, but even that still had no bearing on this cancellation. I cannot, for the life of me, wrap my head around why people ignore everything real in favor of speculation and the person in question's own denial.\

Edit: I guess that does make for a more fun conversation though...

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Schattenmann's assessment is pulled out of thin air, and I'm honestly very disappointed by it. The crucial fact being ignored is Tito remained in power for 5 months and would still not hold elections, but even that still had no bearing on this cancellation. I cannot, for the life of me, wrap my head around why people ignore everything real in favor of speculation and the person in question's own denial.\

Edit: I guess that does make for a more fun conversation though...

Did you just ignore the whole of last page? <_<

Impero, precisely why is a coup more legitimate than not holding elections? Seems like VE is just picking favorites, and apparently the whole 5 month thing is just a flat lie anyway.

No, its not, why would you think that. Also, your right elections are most certainly more legitimate...hence Peter holding elections right now and that's what this was all about in the first place. The crux of the issue is that Tito would not hold elections for his spot as he was requited to, so therefore no elections could be held while Tito was still in office and refusing to leave.

I really don't get the issue, and I understand it would be amusing to see OV fail but think of it this way: What would VE benefit from this if Shattenmann's assessment was true? OV is small and shrinking. What possible benefit could we get? Truth is, Morey (a former triumver of OV) came back to VE and told us and Seth about the sad state of affairs with Tito over there in OV. Seth will not even be able to (occ: play this game) do anything in government soon, but as a last act he wanted to make sure the alliance he loved so much did not suffercate under the hands of a disgusting and utterly inactive kid (and yes, I'm using the term correctly, there is much more disgusting things that can be said of Titos character but I do not want to risk going off topic. If you don't believe me, go ask someone in the know from NPO for a prime example).

So what would Seth have to gain here? What would we have to gain here? None of it makes any sense, him and Peter were just doing the right thing and we will be dammed if we hang them out to dry because it would simply easier to let the crazy person who wouldn't step down stay in power. Sorry, you may not like it. Shattenman may not like it. Everyone who thinks it would be funny to see OV do something ironic after the karma war may not like it. Facts are facts, and you cannot get around them no matter how hard you try, you can only pander to the public and hope they ignore them, and that's what we have here in this thread. Its truly bizarre, I don't even know what to make of it. One final time, what in admin's name would VE or Seth have to gain from any of this? Come on now, think about it...

How was tito extending his term when he was only in the position since september?

...Um, his position never changed. He was MoFA before the September rewrite as well. So, he did not get a new lease on his position, just was givin a vote as a triumvirate. (Note that all the other Trium's held votes after 3 months from their original elections to Minister positions under the Emperor system...all except for Tito.)

Edited by Il Impero Romano