A Brief Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

Style #386

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine wasn't intended as popcorn fuel. I have no ill-will towards ODN. Not a fan of the implied reason for cancellation is all. "Different foreign affairs direction" would have been far more truthful than any issues with communication or the relationship, at least in our case.

If they had a different take on the matter, it was never brought up. All water under the bridge at this point.

Good luck in going forward.

Congratulations to the mentioned alliances.
So this is a Lines being Drawn thread.

Once more congrats to the alliances who were cancelled on, your much better off now.

Only you joining them would make them close to decent.
Makes sense I guess. Good luck to those who were canceled on.
Excellent job, Invicta. They're now more likely to defend you than they were before.

It is obvious that you would like to see ODN burn, but do you intend to make ODN burn by crying...or will you actually do something? If there's no other reason to insult us than to boost your post count, please stop crying about the past. The biggest motivation for these cancellations was to give us more ability to defend our allies if they're in trouble. We're trying to change, this is one of our numerous moves to do so.

You're insulting 360 people on a daily basis because of the mistakes of a few that are no longer govt or in ODN. That itself is pathetic and ungentlemanly behavior, you insult for the sake of insulting. I would expect much more civil behavior from the leader of a respectable alliance, like yourself Chimaera.

Will you let go of the past and mind the present, please? Be civil please, grow up.

Err, CDT and Citadel are on the same side of the web now? :huh:

That might be plausible... except there isn't a single military treaty between the two.

Yes, that's pretty much what I was thinking.

Oh well, maybe he was referring to the Invicta-MHA PIAT.

Interesting. Good luck to my friends in Argent, FCC, and Invicta.

Thanks. We should be fine, I think.

You're insulting 360 people on a daily basis because of the mistakes of a few that are no longer govt or in ODN. That itself is pathetic and ungentlemanly behavior, you insult for the sake of insulting. I would expect much more civil behavior from the leader of a respectable alliance, like yourself Chimaera.

Will you let go of the past and mind the present, please? Be civil please, grow up.

Personally, I dislike ODN based on the attitudes and behavior of its current government more than any past mistakes. How's that "It's all everyone else's fault!" broken record deflect that, let's see?

Cancelling low-level treaties that aren't going anywhere makes a certain amount of sense – not signing PIATs in the first place might make more, if you simply consider them stepping stones on the road to something 'more', but a certain amount nevertheless. However, I found this comment interesting:

I sense that lines are being drawn and war is imminent. Or.. perhaps.. ODN is trying to align itself with one side (the same side it was on last time and has been obviously leaning towards..) to prevent repeating past mistakes. Thank you for pointing this out, its glad to see our efforts do not go unnoticed.

... and also the one about making it 'easier to defend your allies' (no, I'm not going to make the obvious joke there), considering that three of the five alliances you dropped (and two of the three PIAT-level ones) are either in Citadel or closely tied to it.

Does that mean that:

(i) you think C&G (with whom you hold most of your extant treaties) and Citadel are not on the same 'side'? Or Citadel and Orange, with whom you hold the others?

(ii) you are intentionally aligning yourselves away from Citadel?

(iii) you expect that you will have to 'defend your allies' against the alliances you dropped here, i.e. against Citadel?

One and three would be misjudgements on your part, as both C&G and Orange are pretty friendly with several alliances in Citadel, but I am more interested in two. There is nothing wrong with dropping PIAT treaties that never mattered (as a matter of fact 4 out of 5 were never on the treaty web and therefore presumably not listed on the wiki of either alliance), but some of the posts in here have alluded to an ulterior motive for the treaties you chose to drop.

A Brief Announcement from the Orange Defense Network, Treaty Cancellations (There must be a war coming, am I right?)

If you say so. Personally I always thought that ODN signing redundant, contradictory treaties that meant it would be sitting out any potential conflict was a sure sign a war was coming. <_<

Ok, that was a cheap shot.

These are clearly low level treaties that probably needed cleaned out of the closet anyway. Carry on.

And your saying that there are completely new people in gov. then from the end of April?