A Brief Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

Style #386

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I've never been a fan of 'low level' treaties, and it's good to see an alliance keeping it's treaty list tidy. If more people did that, maybe one day we'll have a 2D web again. :P

And all of a certain side of the treaty web, although I don't see the FOK one cancelled.

Err, CDT and Citadel are on the same side of the web now? :huh:

That might be plausible... except there isn't a single military treaty between the two.

Out of curiosity, what announcement were you expecting?

I was caught off guard by the scope of cancellations; really wasn't expecting (what was it, five?) five treaty cancellations, but since they were none of them very important they really don't deserve their own separate announcements.

Edited by Eden Taylor

I'm always sad to see a treaty of ours being cancelled (I we were not, we would not have got the treaty in the first place) but I agree there was no real stepping involved and there were no real relations between our alliances.

As such I wish ODN the best and who knows, maybe we will improve our relations in the future.

Excellent job, Invicta. They're now more likely to defend you than they were before.

Was that entirely necessary Chimmy? :mad:

Thank you, Chimaera. Your post (and some of the Argent posts for the popcorn aspect) made this thread worth reading.

Well if the bulk of thread did not meet your high standards (and considering your recent comments on ODN you could have avoided reading it all together, but then again you are obviously far more honorable than any ODN member right Boris?? :rolleyes:

On a side note: I know PIAT, NAP and ToF, but treaty wise what is a "SISTER"?

Way back in the day the FCC was a fully neutral alliance and didn't sign MDPs. Consequentially as they (we) became more political they ended up leading the forefront of the whole "Optional" treaty movement before they broke with tradition and joined Citadel. SISTER reduces to a particularly worded PIAT-ODP; I believe COUSIN came after they joined Citadel and is a pun off of tradition rather than a similar relic.