Declaration of War

Majority of CN players aren't particularly active on the bigs boards, and are even more ignorant of CN history. And around 15~ people have only been in GDI for around a month? It's not that long period of time, and certainly a significant number to warrent a warning.

It's not the noobie's fault.

No its not their fault, but its not ours either. If their own leaders don't warn them when picking fights why would we? should we always PM every nation in an alliance before a DoW to make sure they know whats going on?

Yea it sucks to be them, but well thats what happens when you don't pay attention.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since RyanGDI is hiding in peace mode, dont really have the option of just hitting him. And since he speaks for his alliance, his alliance will suffer instead. And they're offering individual surrender off the bat, so it's really not so bad for them.

Yeah, just keep him in peace mode. One time a guy on our ZI lists was kept in peace mode for 6 months until he finally deleted. We didn't hit the rest of his alliance because they weren't at fault for that leader's rambo actions. Rambo, which characterizes Ryan's actions here pretty well.

Many of the members are probably not aware of whatever Ryan is doing.

I am disgusted buy what I'm reading. I have had much respect for VE, and now have lost it all. Instead of just hitting Ryan, you've involved an entire alliance WHO HAS NO IDEA whats going. I believed I called you honorable once, my mistake.

Ryan might be an idiot. But why do the innocent have to suffer? This is nothing more then LOLRYAN.

I have been SICK and TIRED of hearing "LOLRYAN" and "LOLGDI" about things that have gotten DOZENS of other micro-alliance rolled in the past. It's about damn time.

Yeah, just keep him in peace mode. One time a guy on our ZI lists was kept in peace mode for 6 months until he finally deleted. We didn't hit the rest of his alliance because they weren't at fault for that leader's rambo actions. Rambo, which characterizes Ryan's actions here pretty well.

Then they should have went with a different recruitment message, if they're not going to actively participate in the global community, or GDI's community for that matter.

Which is exactly why 3 of them attacked the VE.....

Just because it happened in the history of Planet Bob doesn't make it a right thing to do.

That's my point. I'm saying that VE should give them a chance to do something about it by notifying them about the issue.

(ooc) I'll reply to everyone else's posts later on. I have to go now. If there are too many pages, I'll simply send you a PM (/ooc).

<sigh>

Every nation which is part of an alliance gives that alliance the power of his nation/ When Ryan spoke to VE on the behalf of his alliance, he was speaking with the power of all of his alliance's nations. He put that power on the line when he dared VE to declare war on him, and oh look! That power is going away! GDI's nations are suffering the consequences of Ryan's actions, but they gave Ryan their nations' voices in the first place.

"And whats funny about this whole situation is that it's over $9 million. Absolutely amazing.

He's gonna sit in peace mode while his members get attacked because he refused to pay $9 million in reps. Congrats Ryan, you're a class act."

This.

You Reap what you sow, and when you lead a micro the buck stops with you.

Edited by DeadAnimal

I am disgusted buy what I'm reading. I have had much respect for VE, and now have lost it all. Instead of just hitting Ryan, you've involved an entire alliance WHO HAS NO IDEA whats going. I believed I called you honorable once, my mistake.

Ryan might be an idiot. But why do the innocent have to suffer? This is nothing more then LOLRYAN.

This seems pretty melodramatic. They've offered individual surrenders right out of the gate.

No its not their fault, but its not ours either. If their own leaders don't warn them when picking fights why would we? should we always PM every nation in an alliance before a DoW to make sure they know whats going on?

Not necessarily, but in this case with someone as incapable as Ryan at the helm, that would have been the right thing to do.

Yea it sucks to be them, but well thats what happens when you don't pay attention.

You're being too elitist here, not every new player has all their attention on CN. And it's certainly not helping to raise their interest by showing how unfair this place is.

Then they should have went with a different recruitment message, if they're not going to actively participate in the global community, or GDI's community for that matter.

There are people who like the keep outta all the nasty stuff that flung everywhere on the big boards, every alliance has them and I would safely say they outweigh the ones who participate here. You can't fault them for that.

Majority of CN players aren't particularly active on the bigs boards, and are even more ignorant of CN history. And around 15~ people have only been in GDI for around a month? It's not that long period of time, and certainly a significant number to warrent a warning.

It's not the noobie's fault.

Yes, it is.

If you get the benefits of being an alliance, you deal with the consequences of choosing the wrong one. The alliance leader made a statement on behalf of the alliance 10% of which is implicated in the offending action. This is on top of the fact that the whitest of white individual terms were offered in the original DoW makes any argument along those lines border on the moronic.

Wow, full credit to VE for stepping up against an ignorant alliance leader who thinks he's immune. I know there is hatred for NPO and there are/will be attacks but this is more than I expected as far as direct action against it.

Props from me to VE, and I think that says something.

Edited by NEWBert

I guess that means that NSO will be evoking the Moldavi Doctrine and coming to GDI's defense, right?

No, it means that you lack a sense of humour.

They tried to jump in the war at the beginning but backed off when it became clear MHA would hit them. Now they are trying to get in a few shots on a weakened NPO. Weak leadership is weak, nothing more to it then that.

This seems like a reasonable analysis.

Somehow I doubt many nukes will be flying, when the highest NS on the list is about 12k.

So you're not sending Ephie in then?

I did analysis of the war screens BTW, and it pretty much backs up VE's version of events to the hilt. Here's the GDI nation that hit NPO: http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.as...&Extended=1 Then, here's the warscreen of JayhawkColin, who responded to that nation: http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.as...&Extended=1 And now here's the warscreen of AGreatNation, who seems to have decided VE nations are plush play toys: http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.as...&Extended=1

Regardless of the extent of shared blame, given the sheer number of miscreant behaviour events, I don't see that VE had any other real choice than a DoW.

We didn't hit the rest of his alliance because they weren't at fault for that leader's rambo actions. Rambo, which characterizes Ryan's actions here pretty well.

I'm pretty sure Rambo fought. He didn't just threaten to do so.

Not necessarily, but in this case with someone as incapable as Ryan at the helm, that would have been the right thing to do.

I'm not sure incompetent leadership is the right way to go when argueing in their favour >_>

You're being too elitist here, not every new player has all their attention on CN. And it's certainly not helping to raise their interest by showing how unfair this place is.

Possibly, but theres no denying that the people who are active on the OWF hold advantages over those who are not. And I too lament all the potential lost when new people get hit out the gate with no idea whats going on, but I don't really see what else we could do for these nations other than recruit them, and thats bad form.

And now here's the warscreen of AGreatNation, who seems to have decided VE nations are plush play toys

Protip, we are not. We are in fact sharp and pointy.

Edited by TypoNinja

very classy VE B)

Also, it honestly pains us to have an entire alliance pay for the failure of their leadership in such a trivial matter while he sits in peace mode. So, we will be offering indivdual surrender terms right from the start, and GDI will be allowed to surrender after two weeks.

this was above and beyond what you needed to do but you did it anyway and still have critics.

hold your heads high VE, you are very honorable.

Wow, full credit to VE for stepping up against an ignorant alliance leader who thinks he's immune. I know there is hatred for NPO and there are/will be attacks but this is more than I expected as far as direct action against it.

Props from me to VE, and I think that says something.

we take our responsibility to npo seriously.