Declaration of War

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened was laid out in VE's declaration. Did you not read it?

I did however:

"

Yet this morning I awoke to a declaration on a VE member in defense of the rogue."

That part was a bit unclear to me. I assumed it was GDI who declared on a VE member.

You should be intelligent enough to recognize sarcasm when its laid out in front of you.

You are, right?

Please tell me you are.

Absolutely, damn near broke my meter.

Reality check: Only an idiot or Rebel Virginia would come to GDI's defense. However I've just preempted about a dozen people from asking the same b.s. question.

Thank me later. ;)

Reality check: Only an idiot or Rebel Virginia would come to GDI's defense. However I've just preempted about a dozen people from asking the same b.s. question.

Thank me later. ;)

Or we could thank you for getting the party started early.

*Cracks open a cold one*

Cheers.

Thank me later. ;)

Im glad you recognize Our Lord and Savior's manic genius.

Thats what those are for.

Yes but what you are suggesting is shooting first and asking questions later.

That's not realistic. That is specifically why you have a leader, so that everything doesn't need to be drilled down to an individual level.

Yes but you can't assume that everyone in GDI knows about the issue. Also, why should Ryan feel the need to tell his whole alliance about this issue? It's not like he saw this DoW coming.

for those of you concerned about the individual member, maybe you missed the individual surrender terms we offered in the OP?

I saw them, but you're not giving those out before you began attacking. It's not like GDI could possibly mount any real defense with a prewarning... maybe a litte bit of RV's flame breath >_>

What I woulda done is, RyanGDI is placed on ZI. Anyone attempting to aid him in any military/financial way will join him.

Or an acceptable variation was that a day before you attacked, send out the surrender terms. Sure the inactive ones would be caught, but c'est la vie.

I did however:

"

Yet this morning I awoke to a declaration on a VE member in defense of the rogue."

That part was a bit unclear to me. I assumed it was GDI who declared on a VE member.

GDI AA nation attacks NPO, that was solved, VE of course had wars on this GDI nation.

Next morning more GDI declares in support of orignal rogue attacker on VE flag nations. We take a dim view of those attacking us.

Ryan acts stupid on IRC, gets his alliance attacked.

More clear?

Yes but you can't assume that everyone in GDI knows about the issue. Also, why should Ryan feel the need to tell his whole alliance about this issue? It's not like he saw this DoW coming.

I wasn't aware the inactivity of GDI members is VE's fault.

last night, we put together a list of rogues who were attacking npo and sent out orders to declare on them, 3 rounds of war apiece for the violation. people may laugh, but we take our protection of npo very seriously because we know what a target they might look like to those who dont know better. the gdi member who went rogue on npo was attacked, and then impero and ryan had their discussion.

when it seemed at least partially to be resolved, i woke up this morning to a pm from jayhawkcolin, the ve member who attacked the rogue, saying someone had attacked him last night. the pm he got with the attack was this:

"lolProtectorate indeed. If you guys want war, you've got one. And no, my alliance isn't doing nothing. They're jumping down your alliance's neck for this bull$%&*."

it was at this point that i felt, welp, 3 members of a small alliance are already talking about attacking ve, we might have to mobilize to defend more nations who might be attacked as a result. the minimum that could have happened from this would be to invoke the impero doctorine and zi AGreatNation, who attacked jayhawkcolin. but the combination of threats, insults, and hardball that gdi was playing, led us to believe that war with the alliance would be the only way to end this. they also attacked our brothers in ria, who we are treatied with.

if i had to write the DoW it would have looked like this:

As Planet Bob knows full well by now, one of the terms of surrender for the New Pacific Order to the forces known as Karma was that they would be protected by the undersigned alliances for the duration of the terms. The Viridian Entente has taken an active role in combatting these rogues, as it is our responsibility to do so. Problem is, sometimes people don't get the memo and do not accept that NPO is not fair game for rogue attacks.

The forces of the Global Defence Initiative have attacked nations in the New Pacific Order. When our rogue-fighting force was called out to defend NPO in this case, our nation was counter attacked and our alliance threatened with further acts of violence in a deliberate act of war against the Viridian Entente. Combine this with attacks against our sworn brothers in the Random Insanity Alliance on the part of GDI members, and VE has decided that the time has come to put a stop to this global terrorism and declare a state of war on GDI.

GDI AA nation attacks NPO, that was solved, VE of course had wars on this GDI nation.

Next morning more GDI declares in support of orignal rogue attacker on VE flag nations. We take a dim view of those attacking us.

Ryan acts stupid on IRC, gets his alliance attacked.

More clear?

Actually yeah. Again, I thought it was Ryan GDI who declared in support of the original attacker.

I hope you're not saying he assumed nothing would happen. He clearly said his alliance won't agree to any of the easy options for peace. There's not much left after that...

Really?

[01:27] <RyanGDI[GDI]> I'll just put it as this.

[01:27] <RyanGDI[GDI]> If we don't see peace, we see war.

01[01:27] <Impero[VE]> thats fine buddy

01[01:27] <Impero[VE]> listen, we go by our word

[01:27] <RyanGDI[GDI]> And if we see war on one of us, we see war on us all.

01[01:27] <Impero[VE]> we protect NPO

01[01:27] <Impero[VE]> per our word

01[01:27] <Impero[VE]> thats how it is

Didn't see a DoW coming? Come on now...

Also, as RyanGDI likes to say, it's common CN knowledge that an alliance will pay for it's leaderships mistakes. If your leader makes a fool of himself and insults others, he is putting his alliance at risk.

GDI's members chose RyanGDI to represent them on the international stage. He spoke for all of them. He did a bad job. Now they are suffering the consequences. This is par for the course.

I wasn't aware the inactivity of GDI members is VE's fault.

I did not say it was VE's fault. I said that VE should make sure that everyone in GDI actually supports Ryan before destroying the whole alliance. I mean, there aren't even a lot of nations in GDI. Is it really that hard to send 2 mass messages to everyone in GDI?

Guys comon, it's Ryan. I doubt he really runs anything past with the rest of his alliance. Much less care about his clueless noobies.

That's why there are individual surrender terms. It's not like they have much to lose, I doubt Ryan cares about anyone's nation but his own.

I'd refer you to the history of Planet Bob, but I dont think you know how wars work. You see, when the person who represents the alliance you are in (while trying to fix a mess that one of your fellow members started) does a terrible job, it shows on the alliance, not just the leader.

This has been a very long time coming.

I did not say it was VE's fault. I said that VE should make sure that everyone in GDI actually supports Ryan before destroying the whole alliance. I mean, there aren't even a lot of nations in GDI. Is it really that hard to send 2 mass messages to everyone in GDI?

They elected Ryan, or however GDI's govt works. Fact is, he represents the alliance. It's not your responsibility to ask their members if they support Ryan. he's their leader. If they didnt like him, they should have done something about it.

That's really not VE's responsibility. There's a reason they allowed individual surrenders to GDI. That's like saying Karma should have sent out a pm to every NPO nation to make sure they all supported the Karma war.