Declaration of War

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone is denying that, but the mindset that led us to what we had before is still out there, which is what I am saying. If left unchecked, it will take over again. New faces, but still the same old.

But yes, this is neither the time nor the place for this discussion. So that is all I have to say on that.

If you live life waiting for the world to change for the worse, you won't enjoy the time before it descends into darkness.

Stop being so cynical, RV.

It's a shame that all of the lower guys have to pay for the idiocy of their leadership.

Honestly 9mill for a nation of his size is isn't that much.

The fact that he refused despite how little was being asked makes one wonder what kind of thought process is going on there, cause it doesn't make much sense from my perspective.

VE was one of the 2 or 3 alliances I actually respected in the war. Me and a couple of VE members talked to each other when we were fighting one another, usually not even on stuff related to CN. And hell, we kept talking after our wars were over for a day or 2.

I feel bad for the innocent GDI members tho.

So Ryan felt it was necessary to protect a rogue who attacked the NPO (one of the biggest alliances) while the NPO is also protected by a long list of other big alliances ....

Sounds weird to say it, but we have got your back NPO.

Addressing some comments from FreddieMercury, kulomascovia and Joe Stupid (and from maybe others...)

The assault VE is making on GDI's forces is not a collective punishment. Ryan made it very clear that he was considering an escalation of the war of aggression already going against the VE's anti-rogue task force and an ally of Viridia; in this thread there are even logs of Ryan claiming that VE should have dropped their requests or it would have costed them "alot more grief and money than they seem[ed] to expect".

VE had a situation in which the GDI was an actual threat to the security of its members, with the potential of becoming a worse problem, and in which there were numerous and converging pieces of intelligence that an attack by GDI was likely.

Ryan had shown a completely unreasonable and aggressive attitude, and there wasn't much room to hope that he "suddenly" became reasonable. He also seems to have complete power over the GDI.

Now, the fact that GDI is much smaller than Viridia is not so much relevant, as VE has the duty to protect its members - yeah even the small ones! - from aggression. Pre-emptively attacking each and every one of the GDI members in range, to put them in anarchy or at least to reduce the imminent threat they represented, was, from a military and political point of view, absolutely the best course of action.

Viridia doesn't want to destroy the GDI: they just want to ensure their safety against an aggressor. GDI nations can surrender in any moment.

What VE showed this far is outstanding civilty and restraint. I'm even inclined to think that - even if it wouldn't be due on their part - they wouldn't deny a substantial help to rebuild the GDI nations (probably, if they don't associate with Ryan anymore...)

It's unreasonable to claim that VE should have passively waited, leaving to the GDI the chance to organize and to put in action a bigger assault on them, letting them enjoy all the time they wanted to try rally other foes, to build up a stronger military, to attempt other hostile actions and whatnot.

For the record, GDI membership has been messaged with individual terms.

Also, for those of you earlier in this thread who made comments about us "shooting first and asking questions later":

[21:09] <RyanGDI[GDI]> That was our RRF (Rapid Response Force)

01[21:09] <Impero[VE]> i dont care what it was

[21:09] <RyanGDI[GDI]> Or one of it's members, more so

01[21:09] <Impero[VE]> so he is a rogue?

[21:09] <RyanGDI[GDI]> No.

01[21:09] <Impero[VE]> so it was authorized?

[21:09] <RyanGDI[GDI]> He's defending the alliance from attack

[21:10] <RyanGDI[GDI]> Standard operating procedures

01[21:10] <Impero[VE]> no, hes attacking our alliance

01[21:10] <Impero[VE]> your SOP is shoot first ask questions later?

[21:10] <RyanGDI[GDI]> Attacking a VE nation attacking us

[21:10] <RyanGDI[GDI]> That's most alliance's policies

Ironic choice of words lol

OCC: I believe Im the first person to successfully post a DoW from a bar bathroom (gotta love copy and paste on the iPhone), does this mean I get a prize??

Edited by Il Impero Romano

/late

Well Ryan did get peace.... peace mode that is

Also most alliance policies are to talk to alliances attacking you before you authorize attacks... Ryan just deserves this for all the dumb comments he had made recently.

Edited by CptGodzilla

For the record, GDI membership has been messaged with individual terms.

Also, for those of you earlier in this thread who made comments about us "shooting first and asking questions later":

OCC: I believe Im the first person to successfully post a DoW from a bar bathroom (gotta love copy and paste on the iPhone), does this mean I get a prize??

You don't win *bark* Impero!

*throws desk at Impero* :lol1:

Somehow, somewhere I thought RyanGDI was a reasonable person... sigh, the last two lines of that log by Ryan just showed fail. Honestly, really? Why use those words when the obvious has been laid out for no excuses?

Edited by Quest07

[logs]

I respect the way you have handled the war thus far, but is repeatedly posting logs for the purpose of lol'ing at Ryan really necessary? You could just as easily have explained your actions to those questioning you without these publications.

I am sure you would not enjoy your negotiations during a losing war being plastered everywhere, so you should at least try to afford that same level of respect to your opponents. Personally I would have no inclination to talk to you any more than is absolutely necessary if I saw snippets of what were supposed to be private communications posted up here in such a humiliating and derogatory manner.

Lol. The people bawwing make this thread. Do you not get tired of sounding like a broken record?

Friends, those of you concerned about GDI need not be. Ryan and his merry band of followers will come out of this beatdown, eventually rebreak the 100k NS barrier, and then get DoW'd on again. This is the way the world works.

With all do respect Kevin, many who are "baaawing" here could have and probably did make the same claim to the broken records we heard of over a year before Karma. I don't think we need to rehash the entire year of crying from half the known world :P

That said, I support VE in their war and applaud them for giving surrender terms to individuals from the start. It is not a new practice, NATO has done that before and I am sure others have as well. THen again we also declared on the leader of an alliance once and left the rest of the alliance alone unless they came after us. Either way, VE's course of action is legit and merciful.

Good show VE.