• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh? ;[

Yes I wondered about that myself.

I mean...

Jun 01 18:30:46 * Jorost|Invicta has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (BLASPHEMER!)

Jun 03 16:06:25 * Tilton53 has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #Invicta (Highlight limit hit.)

Jul 04 15:15:51 * Atlashill has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (NO SOUP FOR YOU!)

Jul 04 15:16:39 * Atlashill has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (NO SOUP FOR YOU!)

Jul 04 15:19:39 * Atlashill has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (NO SOUP FOR YOU! COME BACK ONE YEAR!)

Jul 15 19:10:11 * Atlashill has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (NO SOUP FOR YOU!)

Aug 07 18:19:53 * Haflinger has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #Invicta (Radiohead are loverly. Also, kicking Toga is traditional. <3)

Aug 09 19:01:45 * Atlashill has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #Invicta (Silly Toga, Trix are for Rabbits!)

Aug 14 18:17:00 * Waltar|Invicta has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (NO SOUP FOR YOU!)

Aug 17 17:25:36 * CMerrigan has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (BAM SON!)

Aug 17 17:27:28 * CMerrigan has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (NO SOUP FOR YOU!)

Sep 23 17:47:08 * Dawny|Invicta has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (NO YOU MEAN NAUGHTY!)

Sep 23 17:47:36 * Jehht has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (DO NOT DEFY DAWNY)

Sep 23 18:13:51 * Haflinger has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (IT'S KICK TOGA DAY!)

Sep 23 18:14:04 * Jehht has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (I LOVE THIS DAY!)

Oct 02 15:33:02 * CMerrigan has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (Thats how it is?)

Oct 25 17:37:20 * Waltar has kicked Toga[Valhalla] from #invicta (Ayrrie's deed is done)

For example. :D

Ryan plays the game differently that whats traditionally accepted. In CN, there are subsets of characters: the alliance leaders, the active alliance members, the forum denizens, the nuke rogues, etc.

Then you get to Ryan. Never talked to the dude, but I hear he's pretty cool when everyone is just chill. As far as playing the game goes though, well let's just leave it as he marches to the beat of a different trumpet.

Ryan GDI's main problem is that he gained a reputation early on for saying and doing stupid things. All alliance leaders will at some point make gaffs. Ryan GDI seems to manage do it on the biggest stage possible.

At least he got it out of the way right off the bat, leaving him nowhere to go but up.

RyanGDI.. good luck to you man.

Also #NSA is a joke, Moo should require those bearing ops to not be asses and kickban everyone they simply 'do not like', even when not being disruptive..it is poor representation of their alliance.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I believe his problems are well summed up by an incident in which he banned me from #GDI after a slight argument in which I suggested that the word "defense" has but two syllables in it, rather than the three syllables of his preference.

In a general form, he seems to labor under a number of egregious misconceptions which he backs up with the injudicious use of force.

Well then, I didn't quite expect to see this on the headlines when I signed in. ^_^

Anyhow, I'm frankly amazed that there are some people who actually take things into a realistic perspective instead of complete bias and unsupported views. As for the ones that have mentioned that we can easily improve...we're working on it. ;)

(PS: Watch the AP forums for an important milestone soon (July 21).)

Yes, it is, and it is blatantly obvious. It is one thing kicking spammers and violaters, but when individuals are kicked/banned for petty causes, such as having a different opinion like stating "My leader doesn't fail", it causes tension when the channel is officially operated by asshattery. Yes, it is representation of your alliance. It is one thing with individuals joking amongst themselves, it is another being asses which many understand #NSA is redundant for this sole reasoning.

Oh, I see now. I misread what you wrote. I thought you said it was 'a' poor representation. An important difference. My apologies.

Make up your own mind about the abilities of your leader.

Best way perhaps [in my opinion] would be for you to see if the way you wish to play the game, and the way the game is being played by your alliance and its leadership are synchronous. If both are a match you are sitting pretty and can continue where you are, more power to you.

Also, as others have already commented, this thread really is not in the best taste and somehow [to me] seems to be intended with not so altruistic goals in mind.

Hmm, actually, to the degree that everyone believes. He's a nice guy and despite my sometimes derrogatory statements towards him, he's helped me in ways that many have not. When it comes down to it, people love to hate Ryan. Don't pretend that isn't the way it is. When you talk of him "surrendering" to Vilien, he was under threats from people that could RIP most alliances very badly. He backed down, his only mistake was the wording of the announcement. I like the guy. :P

Don't pretend that isn't the way it is. When you talk of him "surrendering" to Vilien, he was under threats from people that could RIP most alliances very badly. He backed down, his only mistake was the wording of the announcement.

They surrendered to me, that's all said and done, and you're not going to change that by insisting that it was all about you.

He's the worst leader who I have ecer scene play the game. GDI will never succed with him in power unless he signifigantly changes.

After an edit, this is the result? I hope you're drunk. I really really do... :P

As for Ryan GDI... he's even worse than I am... I guess...?

They surrendered to me, that's all said and done, and you're not going to change that by insisting that it was all about you.

However you wish to take the information, this seems to be the main and latest key to everyone's argument that Ryan is a terrible leader when in fact he's trying to do what's best for his alliance. If I had to guess his biggest PROBLEM is trying to mix kindness into it.

A good Cybernations leader is keeping secrets from his/her membership, and holding their own political agenda in mind in all things that they do. Ryan, on the other hand. Heh, well Ryan's different. Ryan does what he wants, but at the same time I don't think he's planning ahead with some sort of political agenda that involves him at the seat of power over anyone else. This is actualy somewhat possible if Ryan really wanted to. After all of the ridicule of GDI, Ryan still has a good core membership that's atleast somewhat active.

Now Vilien, do you really think that if no one else were involved in talking to Ryan (literally, just you) that he would have cared? Fact is he either did it because:

a. He's nice.

or b. He was being threatened by outside parties.

It was just worded that way because I imagine he wrote it quickly or it did not cross his mind. I know for a fact that if you would have said, after his surrender, "Okay, well that's nice. My surrender terms now include you paying my nation 45mil and 750 tech over the course of 30 days. kthxbai" then I would have ENCOURAGED him to hit you, and probably dropped the threats. Stop acting as though your part mattered much more than being a victim, because that's all your role was. Soda asked Ryan to surrender numerous times, they ended up coming to a small peace agreement after quite a long time.

That's what Soda was, too. A raid. Just a raid who decided to fight back. In this case, no one was threatening Ryan, and Ryan (with an alliance that had less experience and size than it does now) decided to stick with fighting Soda. He didn't unconditionally surrender. You know why? BECAUSE NO ONE BACKED HIM PHYSICALLY. He received a lot of verbal support, but I don't recall anyone backing him military-wise.

Vilien, you can argue over whether the Dynomite Pact had influence, but you CANNOT argue over the fact that we made the effort, that there were threats taking place, and that alliances have backed down to us in the past who are larger, in fact, than GDI.

Whatever, as a leader Ryan takes care of his members. That's what matters. Not public opinion, not nation size, not past conflicts, it's the opinion of the members. And judging on the fact that they're still there, I doubt they dislike it.

/end WallOText

I would like a tl;dr of RyanGDI's alleged crimes - don't include the most recent surrender to the one nation, I saw that thread, but idk what he's done before that.

I can not give you a complete list as I would only be speaking for others. However, I can give specific examples of behavior that relate to my alliance.

He attempted to form a spy ring to gather intel on other alliances while a member of an alliance that strictly prohibits such behavior.

He recruited brand new players to this group who didnt know any better by telling them they were protecting their alliance.

He reassembled his alliance (GDI) while being a member of another alliance. His reason given, he was making them a "special forces group" to help when war came.

Please dont buy the whole "I just want to have fun" thing or "I dont take this seriously", thats just what he says whenever you call him on some behavior that is facepalm worthy. He makes these errors in judgement because he wants to matter, and thinks by creating drama he will become a player of note.

It comes down to inexperience. No length of time playing will give you experience unless you actually use that time to learn something.

To the OP: While being told your leader is fail is hardly a reason to leave an alliance its your responsibility to make sure that your leader is acting in your best interest. Keep in mind that your nation will be held responsible for their actions.

True, but saying they surrendered to a one man alliance is rather misleading when you consider that the one man alliance had a lot of backup who would have rolled GDI had they not surrendered.

-Bama