Ryan GDI

lordliam

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got kicked from #NSA for saying that my alliance leader does not fail. Why does everyone say he fails so much? Does he really fail that bad?

He surrendered to a lone nation that he tried to raid. I don't think any other alliance leader has ever done that in the history of the game.

And he does stuff like that on a regular basis. I'll let you make up your mind.

I've know him since CoMA.

He is a good guy OOC but IC to the majority of the CN community he is a bit careless. Its his way of playing the game, he just wants to have fun, not build a super strong, very well known and respected alliance.

His goals are different from the rest of us and to everyone else that is a failure for the CN norms.

You and you alliance mates should figure out if you want to play the game the same as Ryan.

Edited by Hegemon Rob

He surrendered to a lone nation that he tried to raid. I don't think any other alliance leader has ever done that in the history of the game.

Sort of a bit of a challenge now isn't it? Only way to beat him is to surrender to somebody without a nation, not a lot of absent minded lone nation alliances sledding out to 18 days. At least ones that haven't been raided into oblivion already, have lots of friends and are willing to call you out on the OWF.

No one, regardless of bad decisions made, deserves to have a thread devoted to how much they fail. I see where this is heading, so please let's be respectful, and see if we can keep our forums from yet another embarrassing foray into the depths.

EDIT: Thanks, Darth Revan, beat me to it. :wub:

Edited by gfloyd2002

And he does stuff like that on a regular basis. I'll let you make up your mind.

Well, there was the OFS-GATO thing during the GATO-1V war . I mean, that actually seems worse if you ask me.

As much as I have found many things Ryan has done worthy of laughter, I agree that bashing him here is out of line. Firstly, don't rely on other people to tell you how good or bad your leader is. That's fail in itself. Secondly, as has been said already, Ryan plays this game to have fun. If you are interested in having fun and not taking this game too seriously then it sounds like you're in the right place. While I can see wanting a more middle of the road alliance, I think that there are many alliances and leaders who stray too far down the serious path without spending enough time having fun.

The community at large shouldn't be deciding whether or not Ryan or his alliance are right for you. That's your call to make. And being banned from #nsa is not an uncommon phenomenon, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I've know him since CoMA.

He is a good guy OOC but IC to the majority of the CN community he is a bit careless. Its his way of playing the game, he just wants to have fun, not build a super strong, very well known and respected alliance.

His goals are different from the rest of us and to everyone else that is a failure for the CN norms.

You and you alliance mates should figure out if you want to play the game the same as Ryan.

And that's why he "fails"? Wow, I'm staying in the GDI, I don't wanna win, just to score enough points to make myself feel good and to let the other team score enough goals so that we all have fun. I request a lock on this topic, RyanGDI is a good person and no Pacifican will tell me otherwise.

And that's why he "fails"? Wow, I'm staying in the GDI, I don't wanna win, just to score enough points to make myself feel good and to let the other team score enough goals so that we all have fun. I request a lock on this topic, RyanGDI is a good person and no Pacifican will tell me otherwise.

You can't request locks.

I believe some people should include substance and reasoning as to why they have such distaste for RyanGDI.

Also #NSA is a joke, Moo should require those bearing ops to not be asses and kickban everyone they simply 'do not like', even when not being disruptive..it is poor representation of their alliance.

Edited by Ejayrazz

Quite frankly, I think that kicking someone from a channel for praising their leader is distasteful. While I've had my disagreements with Ryan in the past, I've learned that he is actually quite a knowledgeable and typically respectful player. Yes, Ryan and GDI have made some mistakes. But they definitely have the capability to succeed, regardless of what many who have never met him will tell you.

I agree Vilien.

Little things like these, such as kicking people from an official channel which represents an alliance, builds up and over time causes a negative aurora surrounding the alliance, which transpires over to politics and thus neglects their appearance. Little things like these matter, #NSA has pissed me off for quite a long time, thankfully I rarely go there now.

Is it?

Yes, it is, and it is blatantly obvious. It is one thing kicking spammers and violaters, but when individuals are kicked/banned for petty causes, such as having a different opinion like stating "My leader doesn't fail", it causes tension when the channel is officially operated by asshattery. Yes, it is representation of your alliance. It is one thing with individuals joking amongst themselves, it is another being asses which many understand #NSA is redundant for this sole reasoning.