Ryan GDI

lordliam

Please dont buy the whole "I just want to have fun" thing or "I dont take this seriously", thats just what he says whenever you call him on some behavior that is facepalm worthy. He makes these errors in judgement because he wants to matter, and thinks by creating drama he will become a player of note.

As someone who has talked to Ryan in an OOC fashion, I disagree with this. Obviously everyone who plays this game takes it a little seriously, even those who play for lulz. If they didn't take it in any way seriously their nations wouldn't outlast the 20 day mark because they wouldn't care enough to bother collecting. But then there's the guys who take it so seriously that they wrap their life around the game and then pretend as though they don't care (See: NPO Pre-Karma War), and there's the guys who just do things for lulz and for fun without much caring what you, I, or anyone else has to say (See: RAD). I think Ryan falls in the middle. He wants to have fun with the game, probably doesn't want to "Fail" as you all put it, but I doubt when it comes down to it, he cares, to be honest with you.

To the OP: While being told your leader is fail is hardly a reason to leave an alliance its your responsibility to make sure that your leader is acting in your best interest. Keep in mind that your nation will be held responsible for their actions.

Perhaps I read this wrong but that seemed a bit threatening. :rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you did. I mean in the bad old days that spy ring thing Kait outlined would have gotten a player rolled right out of the game for an extended period of time yet Ryan is still here and doing his thing. I don't think Kait or MA are looking to smash up GDI over it, otherwise they probably would have by now.

I read that bit as a simple "hey, he's made this mistake before so you might want to watch out for something like it cause in CN bad moves by your leadership gets all of you rolled."

I was talking about the time he raided Emperor Whimsical, who he then surrendered to. EW didn't have any back up or support from anyone. He just had a nuke.

Eh, that was a mistake that I'm sure he's learned from (doing research before a raid), if I had to guess.

Not entirely sure how it could be read as threatening, but I guess if you squint real hard and tilt your monitor to a 90 degree angle and ignore the fact that he was only kicked from MA and not one war was launched against his nation by his former alliance then sure I guess its possible. :rolleyes:

I think I should clarify on a few things before the conversation goes on...

I can not give you a complete list as I would only be speaking for others. However, I can give specific examples of behavior that relate to my alliance.

He attempted to form a spy ring to gather intel on other alliances while a member of an alliance that strictly prohibits such behavior.

This all started and ended within a week, when one day on IRC one of the members (KSIStackz) threw about the idea of starting an intelligence agency for MA. It drew interest from a couple of people (including myself), and KSI said he'd work on the basic plans, take it to Kait and have it approved/denied. We got copies of the form and approved it, and KSI said he got approval to start the program.

In all reality, I never quite did much in terms of running the group. Only one I knew was KSI and a fellow MonArch (who's name I will leave out for sensibility's sake), much less knowing who was doing any actual alliance spying (of whom was nicknamed "Snowfall"). I was only given the "Deputy Director" post because I was a senior on the team. KSI did pretty much all of the operation calling and general directions. I will not post details as to what happened, but in essence I simply oversaw the operations, worked on establishing the GDI as a small off-side defense team, and launched two in-game spy operations. Anything else? Nada.

He recruited brand new players to this group who didn't know any better by telling them they were protecting their alliance.

In the very essence, they were indeed going to be protected...the GDI was to function as a regular alliance, but would hopefully gain numbers and-well, read on:

He reassembled his alliance (GDI) while being a member of another alliance. His reason given, he was making them a "special forces group" to help when war came.

I wouldn't say its intention was any kind of special "elite" force or anything like that, but it was meant to come in as backup in the event that MA got into a war. As the alliance would be apart from MA, it wouldn't come under hostile fire by an opposing force, therefore being safe until we saw the time to be right.

Now Kait, frankly I can't tell why you hold such a damn grudge against me, I'll just put it out here now. Wheter it was me ignoring your advice to re-roll during the gov discussions on my sentence, or if it was that one quote that said I didn't like you much in the untouched logs I passed to you (and by the way, it's crap like this that's why), I can't seem to figure it out after months of thought. Every move I did was with the alliance's best interests in mind. You even explicitly tried to keep me in because I helped the alliance in many ways. To this day, I still wub MA, but it seems like you're the only one that holds the cold shoulder. Perhaps even because you think we can't have relations again and you want to drop any warm feelings you may have towards me by acting "in a certain way". There's very few things I'd love more than being able to see MA again, and I'd do almost anything to see it happen. Now for god's sake, can you drop your stubborn attitude over private channels, warm up a bit and perhaps be a little more sensible over public threads? :rolleyes:

(BTW, keep the attitudes to private channels. This is already starting to smell like an episode of "General Hospital" and doesn't need to become any more appearent. <_< )

I think I should clarify on a few things before the conversation goes on...

I simply oversaw the operations, worked on establishing the GDI as a small off-side defense team, and launched two in-game spy operations. Anything else? Nada.

See this part amuses me the most... you not only acknowledge that you did everything I stated you did, but you seem to think its poor reason to speak against you. I realize it may not occur to you that such actions may be considered unacceptable but its at least worth making your membership and those that would sign a treaty with your alliance aware of your more recent actions. Its their decision what they choose do with such knowledge.

In the very essence, they were indeed going to be protected...the GDI was to function as a regular alliance, but would hopefully gain numbers and-well, read on: As the alliance would be apart from MA, it wouldn't come under hostile fire by an opposing force, therefore being safe until we saw the time to be right.

Most alliances prefer you only be in one alliance at a time. Maybe I am in the minority, who knows but we hopefully can agree it was not in the best interest of the alliance you had in your AA at the time.

Every move I did was with the alliance's best interests in mind.

Which alliance would that be again...

Now Kait, frankly I can't tell why you hold such a damn grudge against me,

You were offered a home regardless of your past difficulties. You were made to feel welcome and given responsibilities within the alliance. You were given a clean slate Ryan and you chose to repay that by acting in a manner that violated our laws and if you hadnt been caught when you were could have jepordized our alliance. At the very least caused us embarassment over your acts.

Just as members are held responsible for the actions of their leadership the same holds true for the leadership of it members. If that doesnt clear up your confusion I am afraid nothing will.

Not entirely sure how it could be read as threatening, but I guess if you squint real hard and tilt your monitor to a 90 degree angle and ignore the fact that he was only kicked from MA and not one war was launched against his nation by his former alliance then sure I guess its possible. :rolleyes:

Mmk let's get something clear about you and I here, y'know, before I go on.

I'm trying only to be nice in this conversation. This post, because it's online, can and will be taken "snarkily" or as if I'm trying to be mean or if I'm angry. In actuality, I reread this post over and over again but didn't feel like changing it. So keep in mind that I'm not trying to sound the way that this post will inevitably be taken. That said...

Now, that may be what you meant of it, but what I took from it was to the amount of "I can't make you leave by telling you your alliance leader fails, but I can by saying that you might come under fire for his actions if you stay in his alliance." Now, I'm not sure where you're getting this thought that seems to imply I'm trying to see it as though you're threatening GDI, because believe me, I'm not as big of a fan as everyone in this thread seems to imply, I'm just reading it as I see.

I'm not saying it was threatening as in, MA threatening him. I'm saying it seemed to be threatening in that, the way I took it, it implied that LordLiam was going to be attacked for Ryan's screw ups unless he left GDI. When it comes down to it, who has seriously attacked GDI? The only thing that I can remember, and who knows, maybe you know more about it than I do, is the Dynomite Pact duel and a few separate rogue nations that were taken care of. There has not been a large force to do anything more than threaten GDI, as far as I remember.

I found this on nintenderek's sig. :P I really feel sorry for you Ryan, I'm probably the only one here who actually respects you, but the good news is that you get a cool mini-banner to put in your sig! :awesome:

Nah, you're still a bit off from the truth. ;)

Now Vilien, do you really think that if no one else were involved in talking to Ryan (literally, just you) that he would have cared? Fact is he either did it because:

a. He's nice.

or b. He was being threatened by outside parties.

Yes, it's pretty obvious that Ryan was being threatened by outside parties. Just look at the DoW thread. In fact, when speaking to Ryan about this incident, he said that the threats made in that thread were one of the main reasons why he surrendered.

It was just worded that way because I imagine he wrote it quickly or it did not cross his mind.

Your ignorance is showing, yet again. That language is in there because I specifically made Ryan word the surrender that way. You might know that if you had actually been involved at all in the discussions.

I know for a fact that if you would have said, after his surrender, "Okay, well that's nice. My surrender terms now include you paying my nation 45mil and 750 tech over the course of 30 days. kthxbai" then I would have ENCOURAGED him to hit you, and probably dropped the threats.

Your encouragement probably would have meant just as much as your non-existent support, so to speak, not at all. Ryan's actions were not effected by your own actions, or those that you claim to have made, as I have been told in direct conversations with Ryan after the fact.

Stop acting as though your part mattered much more than being a victim, because that's all your role was. Soda asked Ryan to surrender numerous times, they ended up coming to a small peace agreement after quite a long time.

That's what Soda was, too. A raid. Just a raid who decided to fight back. In this case, no one was threatening Ryan, and Ryan (with an alliance that had less experience and size than it does now) decided to stick with fighting Soda. He didn't unconditionally surrender. You know why? BECAUSE NO ONE BACKED HIM PHYSICALLY. He received a lot of verbal support, but I don't recall anyone backing him military-wise.

I find it ridiculous that you somehow believe that I was a mere side player in this incident. All important negotiations occurred directly between Ryan and myself, and allow me to remind you, Dynomite Pact was nowhere to be found. I don't give a damn about what happened to Soda, it isn't relevant to this case. And for your information, I received a few donations, but no actual military support. So quit trying to put Dynomite Pact into an encounter in which it had little business in the first place, it is not a successful strategy in your campaign to convince everyone of your relevance.

Yes, it's pretty obvious that Ryan was being threatened by outside parties. Just look at the DoW thread. In fact, when speaking to Ryan about this incident, he said that the threats made in that thread were one of the main reasons why he surrendered.

Your ignorance is showing, yet again. That language is in there because I specifically made Ryan word the surrender that way. You might know that if you had actually been involved at all in the discussions.

Your encouragement probably would have meant just as much as your non-existent support, so to speak, not at all. Ryan's actions were not effected by your own actions, or those that you claim to have made, as I have been told in direct conversations with Ryan after the fact.

I find it ridiculous that you somehow believe that I was a mere side player in this incident. All important negotiations occurred directly between Ryan and myself, and allow me to remind you, Dynomite Pact was nowhere to be found. I don't give a damn about what happened to Soda, it isn't relevant to this case. And for your information, I received a few donations, but no actual military support. So quit trying to put Dynomite Pact into an encounter in which it had little business in the first place, it is not a successful strategy in your campaign to convince everyone of your relevance.

You're delusional if you think he surrendered to you because of your might, or because of your negotiation skills. No one would surrender to you on their own, considering you're 4k in strength and GDI is a 25 man alliance.

If it weren't for dynomite, they would never have surrendered in the first place. Deal with it.

You're delusional if you think he surrendered to you because of your might, or because of your negotiation skills. No one would surrender to you on their own, considering you're 4k in strength and GDI is a 25 man alliance.

If it weren't for dynomite, they would never have surrendered in the first place. Deal with it.

Really? Do you actually have any proof of that load of !@#$%^&* that you keep trying to sell? Did you have anything to do with this? Have you even spoken to Ryan about it?

Leave it to astronaut jones to ignore overwhelming evidence for the sake of maintaining what shreds of pride he thinks that he has left.

Really? Do you actually have any proof of that load of !@#$%^&* that you keep trying to sell? Did you have anything to do with this? Have you even spoken to Ryan about it?

Leave it to astronaut jones to ignore overwhelming evidence for the sake of maintaining what shreds of pride he thinks that he has left.

And leave it to you to take all the credit when you deserve absolutely none.

And leave it to you to take all the credit when you deserve absolutely none.

Try talking to someone who knows anything at all about what happened. Seriously, get a freaking clue.

Try talking to someone who knows anything at all about what happened. Seriously, get a freaking clue.

I just think it's hilarious that you think anyone would surrender to you under their own free will. The worst thing isn't that you believe you deserve any sort of praise for this, it's that you're actually trying to convince others that you did this all on your lonesome. Anyone would surrender to you if they had 5 war mongers ready to jump on their back, but does that mean you get the credit because they surrendered to you?

I don't think so.

Hell, if I were trying to lead an alliance, and I knew there were 5 people ready to pounce on me if I didn't surrender? I would surrender. And it wouldn't be because of you, so you assuming all of the credit here is just absurd.

Edited by astronaut jones

I just think it's hilarious that you think anyone would surrender to you under their own free will. The worst thing isn't that you believe you deserve any sort of praise for this, it's that you're actually trying to convince others that you did this all on your lonesome. Anyone would surrender to you if they had 5 war mongers ready to jump on their back, but does that mean you get the credit because they surrendered to you?

I don't think so.

I'm sorry, did you read what I wrote? Did you read the part where I said that Ryan surrendered mostly because of threats from other people? Yes, there were threats. But they weren't from Dynomite Pact, as you'd like everyone to believe. And, once again, you should try talking to one of the involved parties before you start talking about things of which you have no understanding.

I'm sorry, did you read what I wrote? Did you read the part where I said that Ryan surrendered mostly because of threats from other people? Yes, there were threats. But they weren't from Dynomite Pact, as you'd like everyone to believe. And, once again, you should try talking to one of the involved parties before you start talking about things of which you have no understanding.

Okay there, professor. Whatever you say.