What would you do different?

youwish959

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you do differently in your CN career?

I would not have ordered 2 of my gov members to stand down in a tech raid they did against a 2 person AA. I would have let them keep going and let them play with their nukes if they really wanted to, PR be damned. For those who aren't sure what I'm talking about, the AA was 'Andromeda'.

Could have gone one of a few ways:

Could have stayed in ODN rather than leaving when they refused to enter GW2- and made more of a clamour and effort in that side of the web.

Probably wouldve stuck at SFS rather than merging it into BotS, or just tried much harder at BotS :P

Idve just stuck at one thing long enough to get into the higher politics of the game, for good or ill :P

PYT.

Like Random I've thought a lot about how to answer this question. The only thing I really regret was the handling of the TOP-CEN issue. Whether I would rectify that by not forming CEN or doing it in a different manner, I don't really know.

But looking back on it, I wouldn't change what happened. If I didn't go through that debacle I wouldn't have joined NpO. So I guess I am glad things turned out the way they did.

I really have no regrets, although I kinda wished I had gotten into the political aspect of the game earlier than I did.

It would be interesting to see what kind of "butterfly effect" would occur if I could go back and take a leadership role in OSF :D

Not let my younger brother destroy my second PC. Therefore allowing me to join Vox and NSO back when it first formed...*sigh* I really would have loved to be a part of Vox during that period.

Actually...PC, Car, my 360...My younger brother breaks a lot of my !@#$.

Hrrm.

Edit: Probably shouldn't have allowed myself to be ran out to begin with. I had a standing offer to join Polar from before that went down, but Im sure Sponge would have taken me just to spite Dilber and Moo. Shoulda taken advantage of that, instead of becoming addicted to WoW and thus causing my PC's CPU to melt from overheating, thus making it a moot point.

Aw well. Polar has always struck me as good people, too.

Edited by Chron

I don't have many regrets, I've always managed to control my stars and work them into a favorable situation. However one regret would be learning the games mechanics and politics so quickly as I did. Which is the opposite of most others who have posted in this thread.

Hold the phone, Revanche = Denial?

How do I go so long not knowing these things?

People have only been making jokes about it in basically every thread he posts in for the last year.

Edited by Delta1212

Having GATO go nuclear the second we could have in the GATO-1v war. After leaving GATO I saw that other alliances werent much more prepared than were at the start of that war. Combined with the massive amount of damage MK and FAN had been able to do durijng their beatdowns I honestly would have liked to have seen how GATO did. I really think we would have surprised a lot of people.

Edited by kerschbs

I would not have ordered 2 of my gov members to stand down in a tech raid they did against a 2 person AA. I would have let them keep going and let them play with their nukes if they really wanted to, PR be damned. For those who aren't sure what I'm talking about, the AA was 'Andromeda'.

What about kicking asshat in the summer instead of waiting till he tries a coup. :P

I would never have left FEAR.

We still love you Bzelger :wub:

I have no regrets, maybe i shouldn't start this game, i wasted too many hours in front of my computer, but it was fun indeed.

Also, I would have let TPF take out atarax instead of trying to have fun with atarax, since they weren't very good sports anyway.

I would have taunted ronnie van zant more, after he said some not so nice things to me.

I would have recruited from TPF, since they were accusing us of doing it anyway, and it's only fun to be accused of things you're actually doing.

I would never have joined \m/, since the leadership there was incompetent and one leader actively threw hissy fits for days against members of his own alliance for god knows what reason.

I should have been rude to the gremlins. I was actually pretty nice to them for .. some reason.

That's about it for now. If I think of more stuff I'll let you all know.

Having GATO go nuclear the second we could have in the GATO-1v war. After leaving GATO I saw that other alliances werent much more prepared than were at the start of that war. Combined with the massive amount of damage MK and FAN had been able to do durijng their beatdowns I honestly would have liked to have seen how GATO did. I really think we would have surprised a lot of people.

But if you'd have done that NPO wouldn't have left such gaping holes in their SDI coverage for us to exploit!

On topic, I probably would have stayed far, far away from RIA after I left them for MK since I helped muck things up a bit between us.

I would have never left MK.

I left figuring I'd have to deal with NPO for a month or so while they ZIed me, then went on with my life. Instead it took me roughly a year before I could come back, and I'm sad to have missed out on so much.