What would you do different?

youwish959

But if you'd have done that NPO wouldn't have left such gaping holes in their SDI coverage for us to exploit!

On topic, I probably would have stayed far, far away from RIA after I left them for MK since I helped muck things up a bit between us.

In all honesty, its probably better that we didnt. You guys were much better prepared (nukes, wonders, and war chests) then we were a year or so beforehand? It woulda been fun though, if we had more than 550 nukes at the time I probably would have done it. Most of our members wanted to anyway.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I thought of one, because it's a semi-OOC one: I would not have verbally supported the NoV war. Slayer, as much as I love him, took that one way too far.

But IC stuff... That's all part of the experience, and I wouldn't change a bit of it. Sometimes you have to make mistakes, both moral ones and practical ones, in order to learn. Success itself is built on failure.

-Bama

In all honesty, its probably better that we didnt. You guys were much better prepared (nukes, wonders, and war chests) then we were a year or so beforehand? It woulda been fun though, if we had more than 550 nukes at the time I probably would have done it. Most of our members wanted to anyway.

Well, I wouldn't have blamed you if you did - probably, we would have cheered you on. When you guys, hell, when GPA got rolled, we all wondered why none of you nuked. :P

It was actually only a few months between the two. Again though I really do want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to exploit NPO's lack of SDIs and warchests. I only wish we hit GGA instead of ML/OR though. 11 SDIs vs 1500 nukes, ahahaha.

Well, I wouldn't have blamed you if you did - probably, we would have cheered you on. When you guys, hell, when GPA got rolled, we all wondered why none of you nuked. :P

It came down to 2 things. The first being we honestly thought we would be perma/eternal zi'd like FAN. That was not what our community wanted, and we made overtures for peace pretty quickly. If any of us knew we would be fighting for 6 months, and subject to demands like the peace mode decree, we would have certainly reconsidered.

The other consideration, which was more important for most of us, was that CSN and IAA would have eaten nukes also. We were completely overwhelmed, and we didnt want to do that to our allies. Seeing as we were probably the best prepared military out of the 3, that wouldn't have ended all that well for us. Again, if we had known what would have happened to IAA I'm pretty sure we would have made NPO glow. I'll have to come to your IRC channel so I can be thanked for letting you guys do that instead :P

I really do want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to exploit NPO's lack of SDIs

We actually had the most SDIs then any other alliance then, and were at a number of SDIs only somewhat smaller then the number of nations in your entire alliance.

I don't know, if we had a lack of SDIs what the rest of the world then had,...

Anyway, I am always amused by this "lack of SDIs" thing which keeps popping up.

Also, wouldn't change a thing.

Edited by Branimir

We actually had the most SDIs then any other alliance then, and were at a number of SDIs only somewhat smaller then the number of nations in your entire alliance.

I don't know, if we had a lack of SDIs what the rest of the world then had,...

Anyway, I am always amused by this "lack of SDIs" thing which keeps popping up.

Also, wouldn't change a thing.

Oh it wasnt neccessarily a lack, but more of you were so huge there were plenty of large targets with no SDI.

I probably would have tried to overthrown Magic, and tried to save Soldier. Truly my best times have been spent there.

Edited by Dodger

Oh it wasnt neccessarily a lack, but more of you were so huge there were plenty of large targets with no SDI.

Yes, essentially this. NPO was so big that even if their SDI counted dwarfed any other individual alliance's, it still left a lot of vulnerable nations for us to hit. It's okay Branimir, you lost, you can stop pretending you're invincible now. emot-shobon.gif

Edited by Gruthenia

It's okay Branimir, you lost, you can stop pretending you're invincible now. emot-shobon.gif

Just providing historical context to the words said for better understanding. And a correct context, as also clear from the responses. A better word then "lack of" would be considerably more suitable in describing the said situation because it always sounds funny when you call somebody lacking something and he has it more then any other.

It has nothing to do with pretending to be anything and all to do with making the record straight.

Edited by Branimir

A few things come to mind:

-(probably) Should have joined VE in December '06.

-Should have joined \m/ sooner (3 of the best weeks of my CN Career. Though I do not consider myself a \m/ember, I had more fun with you guys than should be legal - it was a pleasure to fight alongside all of you in the UJP war)

-Shouldn't have left TOP in November '07

-Should have removed EmperorCharles much sooner - probably could have prevented the whole NADC/BLEU conflict if not for his executive veto's.

... no regrets since Feb. 08... I guess that's good ;)

Publically ousting Alexander_Gladius on the OWF once finding out he was Chris_Kaos... though I highly doubt the outcome would have been any different as he was already gone when found out. XD

yes i doubt the outcome would have been any different given the fact that certain people wanted GATO to burn regardless.

Hmmm I would have

Made more pushes for government during Order of the Sword and Legio X o/

I would not have helped merge LX into the crap pile which was DE and now Athens

I would have started earlier

I would have joined TOP earlier

I would have gotten into every war since the NoV war

I would have gone rogue when Jofna <3 offered it to me :/

I would have gone rogue on Z'ha'dum

I would have joined FACE as soon as it was created

I would have gone rogue on all those nuke rogues in PC

That's it for now :/

I would have joined the original GOONS instead of joining \m/

I would have nuked more on my tech raids back when such things were somewhat acceptable behaviour

Would have nuked more, in general.

Would have never listened to any of the leaders in TPF while I was there, since they liked to say things just to appease you, with never any intention of doing what they said they would.

Probably would have applied for aid after someone went rogue on me while in NPO. I never did, I don't know why. I never grew at all in NPO :)

Never would have joined TORN, but in my defense, I realized what a failure of an alliance it was within 10 days and quickly bolted to the NPO

There was a very brief moment, I don't remember when, that I was considering joining Nueva Vida, out of curiosity's sake, I should have went ahead and done that. I remember why I didn't do it, too, but I won't say why because it's rather OOCish

That's it. More to come later, probably, when I think of them.