USN Treaty Announcement

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course my posts get singled out due to speculation much less. I don't know the work that went into maroon but do you Bud? If you were involved in the talks then I'm sorry for my ignorance but as far as I'm conerned you'd be an outsider just as much as I am.

This was the perfect response, thank you for that.

My signature resides in person on LOL Maroonity (RIP) SPAM and is also noted on Chestnut Accords. I was one of the originals to help get things started. Yes your post got singled out as they were anti maroon so i responded to them. Even though i no longer reside in a maroon alliance i still hold all maroon alliances dear to me, USN included this seperation is both a shock and something i thought i would never see on maroon.

Edited by Buds The Man

My signature resides in person on LOL Maroonity (RIP) SPAM and is also noted on Chestnut Accords. I was one of the originals to help get things started. Yes your post got singled out as they were anti maroon so i responded to them. Even though i no longer reside in a maroon alliance i still hold all maroon alliances dear to me, USN included this seperation is both a shock and something i thought i would never see on maroon. I apologize if you felt I was singling you out I was simply responding.

No problem and I'll take your word for it. Good luck to both parties. I'm gonna leave for awhile.

It's a sad time, but things change and this is just one result of change. It's been a tough time for USN lately but we made it through.

And to some people in this tread: We are our own alliance, we make our own choices and are free to do what we want, so this "How dare you leave the MDP and (by some wierd leap of incorrect logic) Maroon" flame that is happening is totally un-needed and bordering on an attack on our soverignty. We remain tied to Maroon though many other trieaties and I think that should indicate that we intend to stay Maroon :):P.

And i'm more of a vimto drinker :P

Edit: I've been informed that vimto is infact purple... (Well i'm colour blind and it actually looks maroonish to me so apologies:p)

Well.. since I don't know of any maroon drinks I'll just have to state again that we're sticking with Maroon :P

Edited by beale947

Your friends haven't changed as much as you think. Their circumstances have changed a lot, though.

Oh yes they have... keep in mind some of the people posting in this thread are former leaders of the USN. They have dramatically changed as evident by their recent actions and its nothing to cheer about. As a result of the direction they are being led members are being pulled away from long time allies and friends.

Best of luck to all of our longtime friends on the Maroon Sphere. I would enter a funny joke about taking you all out, but I think that'll devolve into me being flamed for an offhand remark. Best of luck to USN too.

It's always a difficult thing to see a single alliance leave a bloc like the Chestnut Accords.

I am very interested into what the reasoning behind this was. Either way I'm sure Maroon with stand united. Good luck to all involved.

Meh. History with Maroon seems to be a path of repetition. There always seems to be one alliance on the sphere that the rest of the sphere can't stomach (even if they deny such a state publically). Maroon is rarely a united sphere, so much as a mostly united sphere. Sadly it seems as though the lone wolf on the team is now USN. Best of luck to them.

Meh. History with Maroon seems to be a path of repetition. There always seems to be one alliance on the sphere that the rest of the sphere can't stomach (even if they deny such a state publically). Maroon is rarely a united sphere, so much as a mostly united sphere. Sadly it seems as though the lone wolf on the team is now USN. Best of luck to them.

There is nobody on Maroon who "can't stomach" USN. We love USN and are saddened by the fork in the road that has made most of us go down one path and USN go down another. That doesn't mean the road isn't connected and that paths won't merge again.

So many out there seem to be trying to set this up as a "Majority of Maroon vs USN" conflict. It isn't. It can't be explained more clearly than that.

Surprise was possibly the last thing that occurred to me in a rather short list of thoughts ranging from laugh to pizza... It might not have made the list actually, and I rather support the move... Get off my lawn.

One of my fellow Maroonity founding brethren states it oh so well, so I shall merely quote it and leave it with a "This".

for unless the rest of maroon leadership has changed so greatly it is an important corner stone to maroonity as a whole

Hasn't dude. Cam just left.

Has there been a recent change (past few months) in govt within USN that could have made their political direction change?

You could say something along those lines for sure. However, people change, policies are changed, so honestly, to all those who think a small change is a big surprise, big deal.

I can firmly state that this has been coming from the day these accords were signed; the tension was always there.

So, ce la vie! Life goes on! Back to your silly little war.

There's nothing wrong with moving away from a color sphere's FA policies if they don't agree with their feelings. IRAN isn't a part of NOIR for reason that they believe are very valid, as do I. MASH acted independently of purple, another fairly united color sphere, and attacked GGA to the delight of most of you. USN moves away and it's them being jerks. I saw USN defend CSN when GATO was attacked, I know for a fact they are an honorable bunch and trust their judgement here. If maroon can't respect that then I don't think it's USN's fault.

Also, none taken. ;)

Well said.

USN has obviously changed since that time. I'm not sure what their goal was when this was decided.

My old friends have me confused.

USN had no MDP's when we were there Cammy(well...while I was there)....this is more like the alliance we first joined years ago....the old neutral Alliance.....maroon to the bone!