USN Treaty Announcement

I've already said that's not what happened. We didn't want this to happen. Can I be any more clear?

We didn't want CSN to cancel their treaty with USN. We didn't want MA to cancel their treaty with USN. We didn't want any of this to happen.

Heck some of us didn't even want Ragnarok to leave CDT. They're in Superfriends, for crissakes.

You need to find a different conflict to invent.

Didn't know you were a member of USN at the time?

And people, as Goose said, the cancellation has been well enough covered in all three of those cases. Let them be. The point at hand is that USN left CA because of their own sovereignty. /topic

No one wanted it to happen. Happy? /topic

This thread has remained rather cordial up until a certain point... let's try and keep it that way people. (Not directed at you Hafl)

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh.

I'm not speaking for them. :P I am as usual speaking my mind. Some people value free expression; I happen to be one of them.

That aside, I'd say this seems clear based on the fact that they cancelled a treaty with you. However I'd say the reverse is also true, given you cancelled a treaty with them, Archein.

Well if the place didn't have 2 masters, one with a clear conflict of intrest, we wouldn't be here now would we, everytime I attempt to contact a senior memeber of the USN, quess what... they aint there, they've moved on, out of disgust I'd imagine.

Heh.

I'm not speaking for them. :P I am as usual speaking my mind. Some people value free expression; I happen to be one of them.

That aside, I'd say this seems clear based on the fact that they cancelled a treaty with you. However I'd say the reverse is also true, given you cancelled a treaty with them, Archein.

Shhh everyone just keep smiling and nodding... nobody tell him that they maintain treaties with ALL of us still regardless of this cancellation or MA's.

I am going to say the only thing clear around here is that your "free expression" would hold a bit more weight if it was... I dont know... somewhat more factual in nature.

This paragraph explains the reasoning which CSN used to conclude USN was not a valued ally. That's all I was saying.

I don't cancel treaties with my valued allies.

I was in USN for 6 months. I've been in CSN for the last month.

Who are you?

Edited by lewistothezor

Heck some of us didn't even want Ragnarok to leave CDT. They're in Superfriends, for crissakes.

I wonder why that happened ...

Who are you?

It's cool. A lot of people ask that when he posts. ;)

Who are you?

He was here long before you were Lewis.

And to everyone who is still whining and complaining.... We get it, you disagree with our choice, you hate us and the way USN is going etc, etc.

Now what you do is go 'hmmm ok then' and move on. What's happen has happened...

He was here long before you were Lewis.

And to everyone who is still whining and complaining.... We get it, you disagree with our choice, you hate us and the way USN is going etc, etc.

Now what you do is go 'hmmm ok then' and move on. What's happen has happened...

It's hard for some of us to just turn our heads and walk away Beale. Just taking a quick look at this thread I see Kaitlink, Goose, Freelancer and TheDestro..these aren't just people who were in the alliance for convenience.

The USN has a long history and reputation that was made over years and with the help of dozens of members. It takes a fraction of that time to change it. Remember that.

But there not in it any more. They left and didn't expect change to occur because there not there anymore? New goverments, new directions and ideas.

When Goose and I were on the admin council many moons ago, one of the conversations he and I had was Leadership and the direction of the Alliance, one thing he and I would always agree on, was we never cared who won an election as long as they upheld the spirit of The Charter and the founding principals of the alliance.

Obviously that thinking has went out the window, today a few of us remind your members what alliance they joined.

Edit spelling damn window mobile

Edited by Freelancer

But there not in it any more. They left and didn't expect change to occur because there not there anymore? New goverments, new directions and ideas.

From Cam's point, the people he listed are still very influential people in Maroon(We Marooners can't help it, we like to inbreed). While they are all in different places, they are still tied to USN . It was their first home. Regardless of where you end up, you look out for the welfare of the place you come from. Especially here in Maroon. So one way to look at it is that some of the people who helped make USN what it is at one point or another are the very same people they've cancelled on through Chestnut Accords.

Just my interpretation.

"When i prized racehorse breaks a leg, it's owner would shoot it. When the leadership of an alliance is clearly broken, you might as well shoot that as well."

USN isn't the same alliance that I joined at the start of my CN career over a year ago. USN stood for something, it had history, an aura even. This has since been lost and the good members that pulled me in as a new player have since disappeared. It's so nice to see some new blood in alliances, chances for younger members to take on big roles is fantastic. However, losing such key figures is a crippling blow to any alliance.

The changes people speak of are much more than what is being said, you are changing an iconic figure into something of an abomination in many eyes. Another disturbing fact is that the alliances around you have desperately tried to maintain contact, and yet no member of USN has stepped foot on our boards for a long time.

USN was my home once, I can't say i'd care to return there now.

In my opinion you guys who are complaining about how USN is going in the wrong direction, are going about it the wrong way. If you want USN to not go in the wrong direction quit complaining to us, and start supporting us. We're trying to do what's best for USN right now, and from what I can see, that was canceling Chestnut Accords for now. As I've already stated, I personally will be someone who's looking to get back in it if our FA policy will allow it without creating conflicting treaty's.

Even though Wiccan said I can't, I feel compelled to post here lol.

Just because one signatory decided to leave does not weaken the remaining allies' bond with each other. USN made a choice they thought best for them and the future of their alliance. I hope it serves them well as they continue to grow and hopefully progress in this game. That does not, however, lessen the degree of commitment the others in Chestnut have with each other as unified maroon alliances. Maroonity will go on, regardless of whether or not anyone outside of these accords believe we are committed as allies or not. To be honest, it really does not matter what you believe. What does matter is that the leadership of all of the signatories are in constant contact with each other and are all friends. I know Maroonity is still strong and I have total faith in ALL of her partners in this juncture. Sorry if you don't like that or it doesn't seem to fit what you have dreamed up because of obvious boredom on your parts, but it's simply a fact as I see it. I don't come busting in your front door screaming "oh noes" with half truths and misinformation, so show us a bit of respect in return. If we tell you we're unified, then you have no reason to doubt us if you can't provide evidence to the contrary. A signatory leaving, although sad, is just not what I would call a catastrophe when the rest are united.

o/ CA!!

In my opinion you guys who are complaining about how USN is going in the wrong direction, are going about it the wrong way. If you want USN to not go in the wrong direction quit complaining to us, and start supporting us. We're trying to do what's best for USN right now, and from what I can see, that was canceling Chestnut Accords for now. As I've already stated, I personally will be someone who's looking to get back in it if our FA policy will allow it without creating conflicting treaty's.

Rod you have a little problem with that, hell I'd be more than happy to Join USN temporarily and have a few friends come over and put your guys back on track with FA, economics and my favorite spam, however your being played by a husband and wife tag team and have now become a maroon colony of purple.

Edited by Freelancer

USN's new government is at the moment doing their best to put back the alliance in an stable situtation again. We gave it a good thought, voted and decided to leave the bloc because WE considered it to be the best choice we had. Yes, it could be debated, but we just did what a sovereign alliance is supposed to do: decide by themselves about the route they should take and act. We still are friends with the others maroon alliances as the other treaties we hold with them show.

As much as an alliance's history can be important (and as much as i like some of the ex-USN members i got to know, like Kait or cam, for example), we want our friends and any and all alliances in CN to understand that this governement is the now of USN and all what we ask for is some support. It's been hard times for us and that's pretty clear from what everybody in this thread has been saying. Its the present membership and government the ones tring to help USN.

Edited by AlaN90

USN's new government is at the moment doing their best to put back the alliance in an stable situtation again. We gave it a good thought, voted and decided to leave the bloc because WE considered it to be the best choice we had. Yes, it could be debated, but we just did what a sovereign alliance is supposed to do: decide by themselves about the route they should take and act. We still are friends with the others maroon alliances as the other treaties we hold with them show.

As much as an alliance's history can be important (and as much as i like some of the ex-USN members i got to know, like Kait or cam, for example), we want our friends and any and all alliances in CN to understand that this governement is the now of USN and all what we ask for is some support. It's been hard times for us and that's pretty clear from what everybody in this thread has been saying. Its the present membership and government the ones tring to help USN.

Posts like this I see a bright future for you, however just one look at your nation, tells me you have no idea what your doing, you have damn near the best resourse in game and my god you don't have one bonus resourse, all this tells me is The USN is being driven down the river and if I didn't know any better I'd think it was being done on purpose, hell if you were in CSN, The Brain, MA, hell any marron alliance, we'd hav e people throwing money at you just to set up the perfect trade circle.

So when will USN announce their move to another colour? It seems that that is what all these announcements are leading up to.

Now that is quite out of the picture right now. Even as the MoFA I can't see it happening yet. Time tells doesn't it.

Rod you have a little problem with that, hell I'd be more than happy to Join USN temporarily and have a few friends come over and put your guys back on track with FA, economics and my favorite spam, however your being played by a husband and wife tag team and have now become a maroon colony of purple.

What you define as a good FA "track" doesn't apply across the boards. USN obviously doesn't feel like they should follow the path they're being pressured to take, or what other people think they should take, so they're gone in their own way. Criticizing them for doing something different than you is just pointless; the insinuations and accusations aren't going to do anything either.

Posts like this I see a bright future for you, however just one look at your nation, tells me you have no idea what your doing, you have damn near the best resourse in game and my god you don't have one bonus resourse, all this tells me is The USN is being driven down the river and if I didn't know any better I'd think it was being done on purpose, hell if you were in CSN, The Brain, MA, hell any marron alliance, we'd hav e people throwing money at you just to set up the perfect trade circle.

Ive been invited to join trade circles before and ive taken them down for different reasons, and I have been trying to set our own trade circles but for special reasons (name it constant change of forum URL) it's been hard. I have been MoE of USN for about a week and Ive been struggling with the forum since then. And I do believe I have an idea of what Im doing, this is not my first nation.

Having a huge nation isnt really a main mission for me.

Yes, because its not like the other members of goverment can't think and make there own decisions and opinons on matters can they :rolleyes:

Yes, because its not like the other members of goverment can't think and make there own decisions and opinons on matters can they :rolleyes:

Fair enough, how about alliance security ? Does that matter to you? call me goofy however if I thought a board was some what private and said something that could be construed the wrong way, I sure wouldn't want anyone to be able to see it

checkitout.png

Edited by Freelancer