Announcement

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makes sense really. The Continuum was never designed to win wars. It was designed to prevent them. So as soon as it failed, and a war against it was allowed to happen, it was done for.

It was designed to prevent dangerous wars. Ones with guaranteed victory, on the other hand... (Yeah, I see your other post that covered this in more detail, now.)

He means The Citadel, I would say. And I wouldn't really call it a conspiracy theory, more just a possible strategic plan.

Conspiracy theories require secret groupings. The Citadel certainly isn't that.

The biggest problem with that theory is OG's actions.

That's easy to explain, for any competent conspiracy theorist. OG's actions were necessary to throw people off the scent. They valiantly sacrificed that the plot might never be uncovered.

Edited by Vhalen

Continuum was IMO found as a counterbloc against 1Vision, as GGA and NpO where back in November 2007 real powerhouses.

When NpO fell in the WoTC and it came clear that GGA was not a very strong alliance, their was no credible threat any more to keep the bloc strongly unified.

So after that Continuum waited for a worthy adversary to stand up, Superfriends would have been the logical name, but apparently that wasn't possible. A unilateral planet Bob is pretty boring as we all have seen, so a few alliances from the continuum decided to do something about that boring state and create an adversary for Q themselves.

It can't be a counterbloc if three of the largest alliances in each bloc are the same

True, but I see what he's saying. Q was made up more of the Cit/MHA/FOK/Sparta/etc side of the web, and a lot of them tended to be at odds with Polar. NPO was strongly connected to both sides of the Hegemony, making them the center point. IRON and MCXA were also center points to some extent. When the BLEU/CnG side of the web fell, NPO was no longer the center point. Thus, the political balance began to shift.

I enjoyed my entire 14 days as a member of Q. :P But I think it was time. Good luck to you all.

-Bama

Continuum was IMO found as a counterbloc against 1Vision, as GGA and NpO where back in November 2007 real powerhouses.

From what i have seen and heard in my time here (I joined after Q was created) it would make more sence to say that Q was founded as a counter bloc to BLEU and 1v held the balance for some time which helped give NPO some of the political power it had previously. After WotC and BLEU's death Q wasn't needed and NPO had its stronger/closer allies in 1v so Q found itself divided with no opposition and they didn't need NPO keeping the balance so it was only a matter of time before they went their own ways and drew closer to their other allies leaving Q closely resembling 1v

Edited by anenu

Well the distinctions between them are ultimately irrelevant as regardless of them they all end with he same final conclusion, mastery and domination. For example Democracy and Autocracy are equally tyrannical; one simply uses ideological tactics to imprint the ideology of one particular section of the elite onto the populous, thus manipulating the public to serve the ends of that minority while the other dominates them through force. One could in fact argue that democracy is the worst of the two for autocracy grants its victims the awareness of their enslavement, while democracy places its victims in a false state of consciousness, and instead keeps from knowing the true state of their existence. Not that I personally have anything against mastery, the point is whether you repaint the building or not its the same structure. *shrug* If this war set out to retaliate against specific "crimes" it is merely treating symptoms rather than the root cause of the matter.

You make some good points old friend.

Quite interesting.

Split the Orders, roll NpO. Roll what's left of NPO and Q who didn't bolt/plot. Win.

What group of alliances/bloc was it that called for Polaris to burn, carried out most of the action, had a couple of members also in Q who bolted and just happens to reap the biggest win from Polaris/Pacifica's split and eventual beatdown?

It's on the tip of my tongue....

Quoted for epic hilarity :D

You read it here first everyone, Citadel planned this whole thing (including having one of our own alliances blown up, and losing several million NS). We even planted agents in the NPO to ensure that they'd declare war ...

:rolleyes:

Edit: epic grammar fail

Edited by Bob Janova

Quoted for epic hilarity :D

You read it here first everyone, Citadel planned this whole thing (including having one of our own alliances blown up, and losing several million NS). We even planted agents in the NPO to ensure that they'd declare war ...

:rolleyes:

Edit: epic grammar fail

You forgot OG.

From what i have seen and heard in my time here (I joined after Q was created) it would make more sence to say that Q was founded as a counter bloc to BLEU and 1v held the balance for some time which helped give NPO some of the political power it had previously. After WotC and BLEU's death Q wasn't needed and NPO had its stronger/closer allies in 1v so Q found itself divided with no opposition and they didn't need NPO keeping the balance so it was only a matter of time before they went their own ways and drew closer to their other allies leaving Q closely resembling 1v

meh from what I know OV was created to keep NpO and GGA close to NPO but the others in Q didn't want NpO and GGA...