Announcement

This thread delivers, and it has pizza in it, but fails to deliver said pizza. <_<

You know your bloc sucks hard when innovation is its downfall. Welcome to the real world where alliances thrive off of innovation.

It is not that innovation itself was the reason for break-up. It is the particular direction those changes took folks.

Edited by Kryievla

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that was Captain Obvious signing off for the night!

Cheers :D. IMO Q's belief that long term peace was beneficial turned out to be counter productive. But I think Rab nailed it very nicely.

Edited by shahenshah

Second, the word change is tossed around as a buzzword to gather political support because it's easy to say, easy to commit to, and easy to ignore once you've won. I'll put money "Karma's" change falling through within a few months, at which time those who are grounded in political reality will probably take over, while those who continue to live in the land of unicorns and rainbows will probably find themselves delegated to irrelevancy.

Out of interest, what is this based on?

Forget about hypocracy or whether or not they actually want change, it would make no sense to go down the path that led to the current groups downfall, especially when it comes to atcs like EZI, eternal war, forced disbandment etc, as they have next to no benifits. I'd also say that it will be incredibly hard for anyone to get into a position where they could do what they want without any consequences, at least not in 'a few months'.

Edited by Kindom of Goon

Well, the next act has started...Not sure how sarcastic your comment might be, so we may not agree on the particluars, only the general statement :)

I'm not being sarcastic. It isn't really ominous either, as this time I get to be a mere witness.

Here's to the end of an era and going out on our terms.

Your terms were having 5/6 of 12 members leave in advance, setting the stage for 225 mil. NS to stand against you in an absolutely disastrous war? Remind me not to seek admittance in your next bloc. :psyduck:

Hoozah, victory, i think...

And these disbandments and disolvements of bloc or alliances imo should instead be called Declarations of non Existence, or DonE's, and that is my brilliant thought of the day.

A few things. Most of the worst excess that are commonly called evil happened before Q was formed. Think about the extermination of VE etc and that was all down to the initiative. Q was on the scale of things a bloc that didn't do too much evil compared to other blocs such as the initiative and ujp. There is no comparision between Q and the initiative/ujp. People used to get attacked for forum posts, people used to scream troll every 5 mins, sharkweek?, lets not forget all the midget alliances who couldn't afford to grow there own genitals who had to borrow a pair from a big brother to push and bully people (gga, and that crappy brown alliance allied to goons). Q had nothing on them.

Most of the animosity towards Q was down towards some alliances hate for NPO, and in the end Q being out maneuvered politically and ideologically.

Edited by adhambek

A few things. Most of the worst excess that are commonly called evil happened before Q was formed. Think about the extermination of VE etc and that was all down to the initiative. Q was on the scale of things a bloc that didn't do too much evil compared to other blocs such as the initiative and ujp. There is no comparision between Q and the initiative/ujp. People used to get attacked for forum posts, people used to scream troll every 5 mins, sharkweek?, lets not forget all the midget alliances who couldn't afford to grow there own genitals who had to borrow a pair from a big brother to push and bully people (gga, and that crappy brown alliance allied to goons). Q had nothing on them.

Most of the animosity towards Q was down towards some alliances hate for NPO, and in the end Q being out maneuvered politically and ideologically.

The Continuum wasn't "evil", whatever that word means to you; it was a human shield. If there was any reason to want it gone, it was out of disgust. The bloc was pathetic and needed to be euthanized.

At least the Initiative had personality.

The bloc outlived its purpose after the war against Polar.

Good to see it finally come to an end.

Quite interesting.

Split the Orders, roll NpO. Roll what's left of NPO and Q who didn't bolt/plot. Win.

What group of alliances/bloc was it that called for Polaris to burn, carried out most of the action, had a couple of members also in Q who bolted and just happens to reap the biggest win from Polaris/Pacifica's split and eventual beatdown?

It's on the tip of my tongue....

Quite interesting.

Split the Orders, roll NpO. Roll what's left of NPO and Q who didn't bolt/plot. Win.

What group of alliances/bloc was it that called for Polaris to burn, carried out most of the action, had a couple of members also in Q who bolted and just happens to reap the biggest win from Polaris/Pacifica's split and eventual beatdown?

You, you .... mean US, Grämlins? Wooh that´s a lot of credit and i guess you need always a conspiracy and puppetmaster, right?

Wow another stunning reversal.

So Q wasn't really all that bad eh? Even though all we've heard for the several months that it's the most evil presence to scourge the face of Bob.

I'm sure this sudden coming to the light that Q wasn't really all that bad has nothing to do with the fact that quite a few nations currently cheering the demise of Q were driving the Q bus for over a year when many of the things that had people so mad at Q were happening.

The way I see it 12 alliances supposedly did the things that brought this war to bear over the past 18 months. Only 7 of the 12 got punched in the face.

Quite interesting.

It was Grämlins that came between Pacifica and Polaris in the end.

You, you .... mean US, Grämlins? Wooh that´s a lot of credit and i guess you need always a conspiracy and puppetmaster, right?

He means The Citadel, I would say. And I wouldn't really call it a conspiracy theory, more just a possible strategic plan.

Conspiracy theories require secret groupings. The Citadel certainly isn't that.

The biggest problem with that theory is OG's actions.