This Week in Pacificontinuum

Oh gee look another TWIP.

There's another 10 minutes of my life that I could have spent doing something else.

Its not even entertaining anymore.

Another TWIP, another issue of Vox thinking they're relevant.

You said exactly the same thing in the last issue. Instead of constantly complaining about people wasting your time with unoriginal and boring content, perhaps you could take it upon yourself to give us all something worthwhile to read once in a while. I'm sure we'd all be grateful.

Edited by Aimee Mann

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I will.

I'd be foolish to not know what my enemies are up to and to at least analyze their (failed) propaganda.

Actually, based on the responses to this week's episode, as well as to previous episodes, I would have to say that their propaganda is quite successful.

That's not news though.... as someone said, they did have a bit of a row in a public channel. It was a most unprofessional exchange, I'm sure you could find the logs somewhere.

Oh, so it has been confirmed that the spying incident actually happened? I must be out of the loop then. The last I heard of it was both parties being quick to deny.

Valhalla stands by the Continuum and NPO. Reports on the demise of either are greatly exaggerated.

I don't believe you have the authority to make official statements on behalf of Valhalla. Now while I'm quite certain Valhalla is a steadfast ally of the NPO, you really should not be posting with such authority.

Of course I will.

I'd be foolish to not know what my enemies are up to and to at least analyze their (failed) propaganda.

I'm not going to lie, you aren't very good at spinning this. You have a spy in your top ranks, screen shots of what should be your most secure forums are all over these forums and Vox has shown proof of Q top brass being afraid of what Vox is doing/can do. Your "lol Vox" and "failed propaganda" lines don't work very well when the OP itself shows that even you guys don't believe them.

Edited by KingSrqt

And if you think that we're not fully cognizant of the fact that there's a spy in our upper echelons then I'd certainly like to partake in whatever mind-altering substances you're currently enjoying. :P

But even that's old news now.

I swore to myself, I would avoid your senseless dribble, however you deserve my ut-most attention at this moment.

Lets start with most obvious, taking a game to the level of seriousness you obviously do, does only one thing you'll end up in CN's version of Bel-view speaking to the wall and playing with colored blocks.

Number 2, I see the Nuclear Radiation you felt from a very good friend of mine hasn't worn off on it's leader, its effected all cognitive thinking and rational thought, and imagine you lead one of the biggest alliances in the game, I don't know if I should be scared or sorry for those you lead..

Edited by Freelancer

Oh, so it has been confirmed that the spying incident actually happened? I must be out of the loop then. The last I heard of it was both parties being quick to deny.

Well, something happened, and 2 leaders yelled at eachother in public about spying/counter-spying. What actually happened though, I'd wouldn't know.

Also, another week with no up to date Pacifican intel? Maybe they did catch your spy ...

I doubt it Bob. You know that we all would have heard about it if the spy was caught. Those with access to the most secure chambers of the Continuum leadership aren't exactly no-names. Announcement or no announcement (from those expelling at subsequently ZIing the spy), people would notice it happening. I feel it is fairly safe to assume that the spy is still active.

Also, another week with no up to date Pacifican intel? Maybe they did catch your spy ...

Not likely, I am sure we would all know if they were caught. It is more likely that NPO, like most alliances, doesn't have enough happen to report on weekly. I know that if it was TWiRIA we wouldn't have newsworthy stories every week.

As far as this goes, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a post from Sparta even hinting that we're leaving the Continuum. We've addressed the issue, but we haven't brought it up ourselves. The Sanctum is there to talk about stuff, y'know?

Is there still just as much being talked about in the Sanctum now or have you guys drawn back further?

Edited by HeinousOne

But wait, I thought the Continuum was built on complete trust and is stronger and more united than ever. Someone once said that. Where's the complete trust in passing out screenshots from an only government section of the forum, showing that there's less than complete trust internally?

If you're referring to the Vox agent in the upper tiers of Continuum leadership, I can only second Rebel Virginia's post above. If you are referring to the Vox agent or agents within Pacifica, I doubt their expulsion from the alliance would halt the production of TWiP issues. After all, I imagine it would be relatively easy to plant a new spy capable of viewing the general membership areas in any alliance, particularly those catch-all alliances that possess hundreds of members.

But wait, I thought the Continuum was built on complete trust and is stronger and more united than ever. Someone once said that. Where's the complete trust in passing out screenshots from an only government section of the forum, showing that there's less than complete trust internally?

Obviously, somebody is lying about being friends with us. I'm pretty sure that if we find out who, they won't be in the Continuum anymore.

I must say, I'm personally not very impressed with this issue of TWiP.

Most screens I've already seen, both from the Tattler and with my own eyes (When I still had Q access, so they must be very old news.)

Moo-Cows apologizing also isn't such a big thing, as grown-up people sometimes have a bad day in the office and they express that in the evening in this game. If your spy looks better you'll probably find more posts like his from other people.

Next to that as a comment on Triyun's first screen shot, this I always wanted to say to the vox people: The way you try to create a shift in the way the global power is distributed is wrong. The easiest way to unite different alliances under one common banner is to create one common enemy, Vox has played the role of common enemy very well.

There has never been an underscore between Electron and Sponge. It's Electron Sponge. For this reason alone the article was annoying. Seriously, Schatten_mann he is in your own alliance, it can't be hard.

Otherwise it seemed like standard petty continuum drama and reinforcement of a few things most of us already know. I hope next week is more exciting.

Also protip, no one invites Pacifica to help "moderate" a discussion. They are invited to beat down one party until they become frustrated and make mistakes, leading to the ally of Pacifica being in a better position. It's worked well for years so I am not sure why they'd stop now.

We know what our viewers want

No fault found so far...

your own junkyard bulldog Schattenmann

Define 'junkyard bulldog'

Where's Dilber when you need him?

WhatisthisIdonteven...

Who's Dilber?

Where's my Emperor? Where's the lightening streaking from the sky as his divine bovine steps thunder across the plains of strife-- as his horns rend all threats to Pacifican security

Someone should make those graphics... It'd be a signature of epic proportions

That an Imperial Officer would utter these vile things about all that is great in Pacifica--that Ivan Moldavi is a "!@#$@#$ !@#$%" should be an outrage--is an outrage--to the Body Republic!

Ex- Pacifician outrage, coming right up

...But where, then, is their spine?...

Spelling error changed :)

mystic shadow powers does he possess?

I expect an update later on as to what mystic shadow powers ES posseses

Until next week

Oh god another one? :(

tl;dr : Shatt is hawt

tl;dr2 : OOOOHHHH KATSUMI!!!!

Edited by Fenrir69

My favourite part about all of this is that Sponge is actually succeeding in destroying the Continuum. Little would anyone know that even the mightiest empires could be destroyed with words alone. It seems many tears of woe will be shed indeed. Hail Emperor Electron Sponge! o/

Death to the Great Satan.

Edited by King Penchuk

Every time I see someone write about someone else not being 'relevant' I kill a cute little puppy. That's such a throwaway line. If you disagree with someone, try having actual criticism. You'll find that if you put out enough effort perhaps the person may concede the point. That is, unless you know your side is entirely in the wrong. In that case, stay quiet and stop spinning.

This was an excellent issue, Schattenmann. As de facto Emperor Of All The Continuum Alliances As Well As One Or Two Others, I appreciate it when one of my subjects makes the effort to get the truth out. It's also nice to see that behind closed doors the Continuum leadership is sure singing a different tune about Vox Populi and the movement. To all my loyal and not-so-loyal subjects out there I can only tell you that balance will eventually be restored and the lines for bread, toilet paper and tech will be shortened by restricting the number of people allowed to congregate in one place. These are trying times for us dictatorial types but through a quick and joyful turn toward even greater autocracy we will all survive. Patriotism means no questions. I will of course assist in the recovery efforts by using my telekewhatsis powers to magic me up some orange juice.

It is indeed enjoyable watching the paper tigers chasing their own tails as they bury each other in recrimination, half-truths and outright deception in their own sanctum. It is even better to know that we in Vox didn't cause it. We simply exposed it.

My question to the "leaders" of the Continuum alliances is: why do you continue with this gigantic bloc when there is no reason for it to exist? There is no military threat to any of you. Your alliances are all joined to each other in an extremely complex and robust series of treaties. No alliance or group of alliances can possibly harm you even without Continuum, and without it you will have more of a voice over your own foreign relations. Is it the urge to be a lackey to the ones who dominate Bob, in a bid to be seen in the reflected light of their glory? Create your own light and your own glory. I read what you say to each other privately. Some of you really enjoy each others' company and that's great. Quite a few of you can barely conceal your contempt for each other, however. It reminds me very much of what the Initiative was just before the end.

Wait no NPO spamming?

There has to be something wrong... :ph34r:

I was about to say the same thing. Perhaps they've finally realised that their incessent spamming of the least damning section of TWiP isn't distracting anyone from the actual issues. Or maybe it's so well written this time that there is no tiny flaw that changes nothing in the message, but nonetheless can be ruthlessly targetted anyway.