This Week in Pacificontinuum

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you're patting yourself on the back about getting SS of the Sanctum, but your leak is a little old. 6 weeks is a long time in Planet Bob. If you're going to call it "this week", I would've expected something about MHA or Valhalla's treaty updates, or maybe our quest for a new flag/banner. But I suppose if you're selectively choosing individual posts in order to try and make NPO look bad, you just have to take what you can get - regardless of whether it's from old discussions.

At least you're having fun with it, I guess. *shrug*

I know you're patting yourself on the back about getting SS of the Sanctum, but your leak is a little old. 6 weeks is a long time in Planet Bob. If you're going to call it "this week", I would've expected something about MHA or Valhalla's treaty updates, or maybe our quest for a new flag/banner. But I suppose if you're selectively choosing individual posts in order to try and make NPO look bad, you just have to take what you can get - regardless of whether it's from old discussions.

At least you're having fun with it, I guess. *shrug*

Yes WCR yes, if we showed the logs we had though, then you could narrow down the list quite a bit now couldn't you. Not too much relevant information in sanctum besides your leaders arguing, and that is more for the tattler than TWiP.

Well, at least it's more recent than the Z'ha'dum thing. I knew you wouldn't find any actual interesting current events you could report on a weekly basis, though. Have fun with old stuff, I guess.
The age on something like this does not really matter because, assuming the screenshots are the real deal, they undermine the lolVox line that many alliances have been utilizing by showing that, behind the scenes, they are not in fact considered a joke but instead viewed warily as a threat.

Of course one must understand that this does not necessarily qualify Vox as a major and imminent threat. It's probably viewed more of a low lying threat with a loud bark and a small bite which can, given the right circumstances, result in a rendezvous with death.

Actually it's vaguely reminiscent of the way Polaris government (or at least me heh) viewed GOONS during the 6-9 months after the Unjust War which, in the end, winded up being a colossal waste of time and energy.

Yes WCR yes, if we showed the logs we had though, then you could narrow down the list quite a bit now couldn't you. Not too much relevant information in sanctum besides your leaders arguing, and that is more for the tattler than TWiP.

An alliance leader betraying his friends is nothing to be proud of, regardless of which side you're on.

The posts in the OP were the last time I can recall any serious kind of disagreement and it was at least 6 weeks ago. If you think it's news to point out that we don't always agree and have strong opinions, then I suggest you take up a hobby.

Not as good as the previous programs, but a half-decent read. Too much ego-stroking in this one.

We're supposed to be stroking our egos? Here I was stroking my... oh... sorry... ahem.

new week, new news.

The only bit that was new was the Jarhead stuff. Old news is old, and dealt with, although posting screens of that wouldn't particularly help your case at all. I can't wait until the next episode. :popcorn:

Sparta has talked about leaving Q multiple times, as have several other current Q alliances. Alliances don't post much when their most secure forums are insecure.

As far as this goes, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a post from Sparta even hinting that we're leaving the Continuum. We've addressed the issue, but we haven't brought it up ourselves. The Sanctum is there to talk about stuff, y'know?

Edited by George the Great

Where's the diplomatic prowess that hauled Pacifica to the top?
Where's my Emperor? Where's the lightening streaking from the sky as his divine bovine steps thunder across the plains of strife-- as his horns rend all threats to Pacifican security asunder?

Diplomatic prowess through ligthning strikings? That and even more in «This Week in Pacifica»!

Er... I guess? :huh:

(As much as I recognize that Schattenmann's writing is amazing, the content is again quite poor...)

[Edit:punctuation]

Edited by jerdge

I'm mostly glad because you changed your avatar Schat, your older one was annoying.

Anyway this is pretty neatly written, props for that and actually providing me with a 2 min CN read that doesn't make me wanna ask for my time back or make me wonder why i'm still playing

These are always amusing reads, but oftentimes the best part is the reactions they get. This one has potential.

Also this is only tangentially related but if ES is reading I have to say that I dislike the new Tattler layout. Right now it just feels really cluttered. I thought the one before the latest change was better.

It would not surprise me in the least if your spies cover was already blown and he was being used, Mr. Schattenman. I can think of how I would go about that sort of counterintell.

This is what we call disinformation boys and girls, shove it down the pipeline and see what comes out on the other end.

Though it was largely comprised of old news, it was certainly the most entertaining issue of TWiP.

Shatterman is a progressive news anchor, however I'm getting pissed, the email alerts I signed up for is obviously not working, somebody needs to get IT on the phone and get that fixed, I'm already hours behind the story.. UNACCEPTABLE !! <_<

Edited by Freelancer

Regardless of whether the news is old, it's some interesting information those of us in the backwater don't really have access to. And yeah, I consider Polaris something of a gossip backwater since the war.

OOC (as IC, I'd have to disagree with the forthcoming statement): The TWiP articles add a flavor to the game that's been missing for longer than I can remember, and Schattenman, you seem qualified to bring them back. I'm not even that interested in who you're spying on, it's interesting to read and I look forward to enjoying more articles.

OOC: Whichever side your on. You must recognise the entertainment value of these posts. Additionally as the 'real' political class continues to shrink, I at least, as a grunt, very much enjoy seeing how things work in this game. Good read.

proko,

i think you just hit the nail on the head there, sometimes i think people forget the game and these posts make it interesting

fact is at the moment i think a big war is a little way off so all the political intregue makes it interesting, after all eventually iFOK will rule the world so any stopgap of entertainment is worth it LOL