This Week in Pacificontinuum

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is getting ridiculous. I've been the top poster in the One Room for 14 months and not once have I been featured in a spy screenie. Sure, I'm usually the one posting pictures and making fun of people to lighten tension and try and unite, which makes for horrible news for the masses, but its just not fair.

Also, posting bits and pieces of a discussion thread that went on for days and featured more than a few 'no matter what, we love you guys' and 'we'll work it all out, like we always do' and 'god I wish Anu would be my baby's daddy'* isn't really telling the whole story, but that would hurt the propaganda.

*Pansy is relentless

This is getting ridiculous. I've been the top poster in the One Room for 14 months and not once have I been featured in a spy screenie. Sure, I'm usually the one posting pictures and making fun of people to lighten tension and try and unite, which makes for horrible news for the masses, but its just not fair.

No offense, but pointless pictures really aren't newsworthy. We see them everyday. Additionally, since you brought this up, I fail to see how your cunning strategy of posting pictures helps unite the Continuum. If there really is tension there, as you say there is, then there obviously must be some issues that have brought about this tension. Now of course cracking jokes and posting funny pictures might give you a few laughs, but it really does nothing to address the issues which have brought about the tension to begin with. But hey, who am I to criticize your logic? You do have more infrastructure than me, don't you?

Also, another excellent issue my dear Schattenmann. I must say I am entertained.

No offense, but pointless pictures really aren't newsworthy. We see them everyday. Additionally, since you brought this up, I fail to see how your cunning strategy of posting pictures helps unite the Continuum. If there really is tension there, as you say there is, then there obviously must be some issues that have brought about this tension. Now of course cracking jokes and posting funny pictures might give you a few laughs, but it really does nothing to address the issues which have brought about the tension to begin with. But hey, who am I to criticize your logic? You do have more infrastructure than me, don't you?

Also, another excellent issue my dear Schattenmann. I must say I am entertained.

Sarcasm tags should have been used in my first paragraph. Its a running joke that I respond to tough times by making fun of it.

So NPO Emperor isnt all ebil and just a humble human who also apologizes for his wrongs!

Regardless of drama/events/history, etc, between myself and the NPO or anyone else, I will always respect Emperor Moo. I still understand that other people have their own history with him, and I respect their opinions, just like how other people have had more favorable experiences with those who I would not consider to be friends. If I were ever to take an action against the NPO, which at the moment appears unlikely to ever happen, it would be with a heavy heart, as I would be taking arms against a man who I feel deserves the honor of being considered the Head Global Despot.

I support Schattenmann's efforts here not necessarily out of animosity towards the NPO, but rather as a personal belief that the Fourth Estate - a free press - is a right to be held not only by citizens of an individual alliance, but also a right of observation by those outside of the alliance. I do not currently believe that a free press exists in the NPO, and this has lead to a state of unchecked power within Pacifica. This, coupled with what I perceive to be stagnant social mobility, had lead to a "ruling class" which stifles dissent, creativity, and debate.

I want two things:

1. The best for NPO, out of a residue loyalty stemming from my former membership and personal admiration for Emperor Moo

2. This game to be interesting

At this time, I believe that This Week in Pacifica accomplishes both of these goals with epic style. I do not support Vox Populi out of being a spy/traitor/other horrible thing, but rather due to my two desires outlined above.

Oh gee look another TWIP.

There's another 10 minutes of my life that I could have spent doing something else.

Its not even entertaining anymore.

Another TWIP, another issue of Vox thinking they're relevant.

Actually, and I certainly do mean not to sound rude, but the fact they have a spy in your upper echelons is quite relevant. Who knows what information they are leaking to your enemies? Plus, I must say this, no matter how dated the information may be, is quite entertaining for the unimportant masses.

There's another 10 minutes of my life that I could have spent doing something else.

Nobody made you read it and it actually seemed to be another TWiP with screenies of Q leadership saying they are relevant.

Actually, and I certainly do mean not to sound rude, but the fact they have a spy in your upper echelons is quite relevant. Who knows what information they are leaking to your enemies? Plus, I must say this, no matter how dated the information may be, is quite entertaining for the unimportant masses.

And if you think that we're not fully cognizant of the fact that there's a spy in our upper echelons then I'd certainly like to partake in whatever mind-altering substances you're currently enjoying. :P

But even that's old news now.

And if you think that we're not fully cognizant of the fact that there's a spy in our upper echelons then I'd certainly like to partake in whatever mind-altering substances you're currently enjoying. :P

If you still have that spy, then how is it old news? It'll be current for as long as it takes you to find that spy and eject him.

Another good read.

Whether or not the news is a few days older than some people would like, the fact is that Schatt seems to have access to an extensive network of individuals who are all too happy to hand over screen shots of forums and IRC chats from at least modestly sensitive areas of NPO's world.

I don't think that even Schatt however believes that his presentations alone will topple NPO or cause dysfunction within the Continuum. If these institutions fail, it will be because of things going on inside them in places not even Schatt's "spies" can see.

Valhalla stands by the Continuum and NPO. Reports on the demise of either are greatly exaggerated.

Except that spy is still there. You want to know how I know? Because I have yet to hear of a Continuum top dog getting kicked from their alliance for being a Vox spy. Even if you neglect to announce it publicly, people will still hear of it happening.

Plus, the announcement did confirm that there were issues between Sparta and Valhalla over spying. Something which both alliances did deny when the rumors first surfaced.

So what does this episode of TWiP tell us? One, that Vox's spy is still in place. And two, that it isn't all hugs and kisses inside the inner sanctum of the Continuum.

Sure enough though, you'll still read the next issue... and the issue after that....

Plus, the announcement did confirm that there were issues between Sparta and Valhalla over spying. Something which both alliances did deny when the rumors first surfaced.

That's not news though.... as someone said, they did have a bit of a row in a public channel. It was a most unprofessional exchange, I'm sure you could find the logs somewhere.

Of course I will.

I'd be foolish to not know what my enemies are up to and to at least analyze their (failed) propaganda.

Then it's not exactly a waste of 10 minutes, is it? No doubt knowing you have a spy that high up to deal with is making you scratch your brain. I know back in Polaris when we kept seeing logs of our .gov discussions getting leaked out it was a pain in the $@! trying to contain everything. But knowing is better than not.