This Week in Pacificontinuum

I've said this a couple times before on the private IRON channel when there was talk of a potential war. War in which there is uncertainty about the winner at the onset and discrete, tangible sides probably won't happen for a while, if ever again.

It won't, because any losers probably are forced to disband or lose several years worth of work, and no one is willing to take that as a risk.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really believe that or are you being totally dense on purpose? If that's what you really believe then you may want to reread that screenshot. At no point did Triyun call Ivan Moldavi a d-bag. What it appears that Triyun was saying is that Sponge is so well respected in Polaris, as Ivan is in Pacifica, that he cannot just disparage Sponges legacy as a way of distancing himself from him. That's how I read it, at least. I don't see how else that could really be read though.

Did you even look at the screenshot?

It won't, because any losers probably are forced to disband or lose several years worth of work, and no one is willing to take that as a risk.

Don't speak for everyone. There's several alliances on Planet Bob who are more than willing to fight for their principles even if it means losing their precious infrastructure and tech.

Don't assume everyone shares your world view.

Edited by Jake Erics

Don't speak for everyone. There's several alliances on Planet Bob who are more than willing to fight for their principles even if it means losing their precious infrastructure and tech.

Yeah right.

Several times, just to be sure if there was any other was Triyuns words could be interpreted. I saw none. I think some are just looking at it and seeing what they want to see, not what's actually there.

Yeah right.

Which part of the quoted text do you disagree with? Mr. Peterson claimed that no one is willing to take such a risk, I pointed out he was incorrect. We've seen alliances like STA, TDSM8 and MK (To name some) fight for what they thought was right even knowing the risk to their alliance and their infrastructure and tech.

It's sad this is a feat that is admired as rare and courageous and not the norm on Planet Bob. alden peterson's way of thinking is sadly common, but by no means the only one.

The irony of Vox Populi is that they complain that Moo has created this "stagnant" world without conflict, then call him a warmonger when he attacks someone.

You guys don't want more or less war, you just chafe under all these "rules" we enforce. Such as common decency.

We're the "dicks", from Team America: World Police. You all know the quote.

Nope.

Luckily, there are ways to maximise damage to your opponents, minimise damage to yourself, and rebuild expeditiously. Being successful at war takes more than just raw numbers, and maybe if people actually took the time to think about that seriously they would be taking those risks. Or we can just remind everyone why our alliance doesn't need nations with Weapons Research Complexes.

Which part of the quoted text do you disagree with? Mr. Peterson claimed that no one is willing to take such a risk, I pointed out he was incorrect. We've seen alliances like STA, TDSM8 and MK (To name some) fight for what they thought was right even knowing the risk to their alliance and their infrastructure and tech.

It's sad this is a feat that is admired as rare and courageous and not the norm on Planet Bob. alden peterson's way of thinking is sadly common, but by no means the only one.

Peterson will go down with guns blazing. He was speaking about the general consesus, which you seem to actually agree upon.

@V: I don't care about my nation.

I am glad the true feelings of the ruling clique about their so called hero, Ivan Moldavi, have come out in public. It is necessary to see that the man's character has long been assassinated and that the attempt to restore the image they themselves defenestrated is ridiculous.

Hopefully those who are new will use this as an opportunity to learn about the past.

What?

Welcome to your legacy.

War isn't fair.

War isn't fair in that there has to be a winner and a loser. The "conflicts" you have now are hardly what you'd call wars, in that the outcome is decided a long time before there's even a declaration.

These are as much wars as a half dozen 15 year olds picking on a 4 year old is a fight. Those in charge are afraid of risking their place at the top.

Look at the treaty web. Tell me who doesn't share that world view. It appears that the overwhelming majority of all alliances have chosen to immerse themselves in a system that gives many fail safes, warnings, and indications that your alliance *might* get attacked from a mile away.

Also, realize that no alliance in CN will put themselves into a situation which set themselves up to be aggressors or "conflict inspiring" or what not. The last time that happened, Bastion disbanded before it started, and that was a bloc which was purportedly defensive in nature! Picture a 2009 "UJP" type of bloc being created now... right, it just is not ever going to happen.

Next, realize that all those alliances you list did nothing aggressive by themselves and still were destroyed with huge amounts of reps; imagine what would happen if those alliances had actually attempted to undermine the system or "start something." None of them fought for any reason other than their obligation to the other alliance, none did anything "opposing" other than merely having a friendship.

Tangible and even sides are impossible unless the entire climate of CN changes and, that is a very unlikely thing to ever occur.

Finally, attack Gre or our allies and you will find the attacking alliances to be eating my nukes for many, many, many weeks. "guns blazing" is an understatement ;)

It's obvious that Triyun was saying that Electron Sponge, like Ivan Moldavi in NPO, is so revered among Polar's membership so that any public attempt to degrade him would cause more blowback then just slowly moving away from his policies.

Anyone who didn't see that...wow. Context helps with understanding.

Look at the treaty web. Tell me who doesn't share that world view. It appears that the overwhelming majority of all alliances have chosen to immerse themselves in a system that gives many fail safes, warnings, and indications that your alliance *might* get attacked from a mile away.

Also, realize that no alliance in CN will put themselves into a situation which set themselves up to be aggressors or "conflict inspiring" or what not. The last time that happened, Bastion disbanded before it started, and that was a bloc which was purportedly defensive in nature! Picture a 2009 "UJP" type of bloc being created now... right, it just is not ever going to happen.

Next, realize that all those alliances you list did nothing aggressive by themselves and still were destroyed with huge amounts of reps; imagine what would happen if those alliances had actually attempted to undermine the system or "start something." None of them fought for any reason other than their obligation to the other alliance, none did anything "opposing" other than merely having a friendship.

Tangible and even sides are impossible unless the entire climate of CN changes and, that is a very unlikely thing to ever occur.

Finally, attack Gre or our allies and you will find the attacking alliances to be eating my nukes for many, many, many weeks. "guns blazing" is an understatement ;)

pixels are irrelevant, but very usefull when blowing stuff up :popcorn:

From what I gathered from the original post, comrade Triyun was comparing Ivan Moldavis influence and popularity in the NPO to Electron Sponges influence and popularity in the NpO. How is that an insult? I see that Schattenmann tried to spin it as such, but surely you're able to see through such a poor attempt?

Ha ha ha

I have heard much, much worse about him from people more important than "Comrade Triyun". But they are part of the possessions I took to the grave with me, so I'll just leave it at that.

Forget about the semantics and whether you believe it was insulting or not. Ivan and Sponge are both big problems for them. That's what Triyun admits. I am sort of bumping this thread, given the developments of the past few days.

You know, it's funny.

You would think that Polaris's Ivan Moldavi would be...yanno...Ivan Moldavi? Has everyone forgotten that Ivan created the Polar Order and was Emperor of it? And Moldavi is probably more popular in Polaris than Pacifica. Has everyone forgotten the Moldavi Incident (or whatever its called) when it was Polaris that stood with Ivan while Pacifica all but disowned him? >__>

Edited by MercyFallout

From what I gathered from the original post, comrade Triyun was comparing Ivan Moldavis influence and popularity in the NPO to Electron Sponges influence and popularity in the NpO. How is that an insult? I see that Schattenmann tried to spin it as such, but surely you're able to see through such a poor attempt?

If Vox played Cricket, they'd be the best spinners in game xD