This Week in Pacificontinuum

I was about to say the same thing. Perhaps they've finally realised that their incessent spamming of the least damning section of TWiP isn't distracting anyone from the actual issues. Or maybe it's so well written this time that there is no tiny flaw that changes nothing in the message, but nonetheless can be ruthlessly targetted anyway.

Or perhaps something else.

ooc: like they'll be warned for spam posts :awesome:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to say the same thing. Perhaps they've finally realised that their incessent spamming of the least damning section of TWiP isn't distracting anyone from the actual issues. Or maybe it's so well written this time that there is no tiny flaw that changes nothing in the message, but nonetheless can be ruthlessly targetted anyway.

Personally, I think they were so disappointed by the lack of tech dealing in this issue, that they decided to stay away.

Hmm very interesting argument I am seeing here. The tl;dr of this seems to be that Sponge is succeeding at creating tension within the Continuum by posting screen shots of tensions six weeks ago as if they are some huge discovery. Unfortunately what Vox is not telling you, is that this is probably due to the fact that they cannot any new materials. I do not think there is any point in saying there were no tensions between some members of Continuum and Sparta a few weeks back, and that the rumors which Vox had been spreading about this Bastion super bloc (btw those guys turned out to be ginormous RIA )): ) However unfortunately for our friends at Vox Populi, those tensions were smoothed over, and our relations are quite good currently.

Now in regards to my post specifically. I did not call Ivan !@#$%, I did however compare his iconic image within much of Order history to that of Sponge's in Polar. It is true that Ivan and Sponge both were (and one still is though not an Emperor of a major alliance anymore) very influential figures within either Order. There is no point in us claiming that Sponge who had been Emperor of the New Polar Order for a long time, does not have any legacy or following in that alliance because I do not believe it is true. So congrats on that pretty much dead end attack.

I would also like to comment how much I am sure Moldavi would have absolutely adored the enemies of Pacifica yearning for his return.

In regards to my second post, I would also love to congratulate Vox for its self aggrandizement. Your argument here is basically "We spread rumors, Pacifica urges calm in the face of them, therefore we are beating Pacifica." Unfortunately it has been 6 weeks and the Spartans are still part of the Continuum. It suggests that you have been less than successful in your rumor spreading and that perhaps the zenith of the political tension which Sponge's rumor campaign can create has long since past.

lolwut? I don't know why people are being delusional about TWiP having any practical gain, the only thing it did was piss off people who were trying to form the Bastion, but ofcourse, some like to achieve something in reality, while those who have failed in that aspect, amuse themselves in delusions.

Only thing TWiP has achieved is entertain the bored masses while the world prospers in peace and stability provided by yours-only Hegemony, obviously its boring, but lets be real, it has benefits..but as long as people are entertained by Vox, the status-quo sustains itself :)

TWiP fits the situation perfectly, people need entertainment during peace and prosperity and boredom that comes with it. However, for people within Q, its kind of boring :( as we only get to see months old facts and spins that have already been out of date and reality. Lets hope Vox also becomes source of entertainment for all citizens of BOB.

Edited by shahenshah

Interesting read.

Although I would like to say that we in polaris are extremely loyal to our emperor Grub, we respect Sponge's history in NpO but our emperor now is Grub and we stand for him.

It's not the OP who suggests otherwise, but rather your friends in the NPO.

Edited by Juan Valdez

It's amazing that no matter what TWiP reveals, the same people come out with the same comments, heads lodged deeply in sand. I swear if TWiP broke into the almighty's residence and destroyed every nation that didn't belong to Vox Populi you'd still see the 'lol is that all you got?' comments from a select few.

They have infiltrated the most powerful bloc in existance, what more do you want?

Edited by Aimee Mann

It's amazing that no matter what TWiP reveals, the same people come out with the same comments, heads lodged deeply in sand. I swear if TWiP broke into the almighty's residence and destroyed every nation that didn't belong to Vox Populi you'd still see the 'lol is that all you got?' comments from a select few.

They have infiltrated the most powerful bloc in existance, what more do you want?

You can hardly blame the member alliances of Q in trying to run damage control it is just that they are not doing an effective job of it.

No one is buying the "you can't get recent info line" they just provided screenshots about IRON's plans with jarheads that are less than a week old. and no one is stupid enough to believe you guys do something interesting every week so of course they have to go back and go through older drama.

The goals of TWiP are obvious first they are to show that they are in your bloc at the highest levels of government and second to show the outsiders what goes on inside your forums in an entertaining way. So far they are succeeding at both and no amount of spin is going to change that.

I will just go out and say it.

Ivan created arguably the greatest alliance in history, but Moo's diplomacy is far superior. End of story. Sorry, just how I feel.

I agree, Ivan was a good Emperor for the early part of the game, but Dilber and then Moo were equally necessary to add a political base to the military strength Ivan built.

It's not the OP that suggests otherwise, but rather your friends in the NPO.

Highly placed elements in NPO are telling people Polar is in cahoots with me according to my sources. Critical thinking and logic have never been the strong suit of those currently calling the shots in Francograd apparently. They're seemingly only good at playing to the fears of the uninitiated and uninformed, and playing 'divide and conquer' with those who are fearful of standing for anything.

Ivan created arguably the greatest alliance in history, but Moo's diplomacy is far superior. End of story. Sorry, just how I feel.
That's like saying that a crocodile is a superbly designed killing machine but a bird is better at flying. Moo is better at diplomacy because Ivan didn't even bother with it. Had Ivan wanted to play parlor games and send h*ggles around the world he could have. Instead he chose to be interesting. He chose to have teeth and use them.

Again a nice read and well written article. Whether your goal of such expose is valid or not, I do enjoy the read and appreciate the time it takes to put this all together.

The main note I took from the article is Vox is no longer a fad or harmless alliance, and ES still keeps the powers that be on their toes and in check. Whether or not this is the case is not for me to decide, but the article seems to substantiate its claims with undisputed proof.

)): At same old tired comments.

Highly placed elements in NPO are telling people Polar is in cahoots with me according to my sources. Critical thinking and logic have never been the strong suit of those currently calling the shots in Francograd apparently. They're seemingly only good at playing to the fears of the uninitiated and uninformed, and playing 'divide and conquer' with those who are fearful of standing for anything.

That's like saying that a crocodile is a superbly designed killing machine but a bird is better at flying. Moo is better at diplomacy because Ivan didn't even bother with it. Had Ivan wanted to play parlor games and send h*ggles around the world he could have. Instead he chose to be interesting. He chose to have teeth and use them.

Perhaps, and many despised it. Pacifica would be in a much different position if he was still leader. Oh, and I am sure you will disagree or believe Pacifica would be in a greater position, but it is an opinion-based view neither one of us will agree upon.

Sarcasm tags should have been used in my first paragraph. Its a running joke that I respond to tough times by making fun of it.

I do have to admit--It got old scrolling through images you posted from your stock website to get back to the real argument.

Of course I will.

I'd be foolish to not know what my enemies are up to and to at least analyze their (failed) propaganda.

Oh, wait a minute there, it seems you've stumbled on to what we're doing.

The only interesting thing of note in there is the concerns expressed over Blackwater, an organisation that most assume is one or two power crazed 13 year olds with delusions of there own importance

You, my friend, need to read more.

Obviously, somebody is lying about being friends with us. I'm pretty sure that if we find out who, they won't be in the Continuum anymore.

Perhaps it is Continuum that is lying about who its friends are.

I must say, I'm personally not very impressed with this issue of TWiP.

Most screens I've already seen, both from the Tattler and with my own eyes (When I still had Q access, so they must be very old news.)

Tut, tut. Story 1 is from Sunday night.

Moo-Cows apologizing also isn't such a big thing, as grown-up people sometimes have a bad day in the office and they express that in the evening in this game. If your spy looks better you'll probably find more posts like his from other people.

The Pacifican Emperor is not "other people" If the Pacifican Emperor has allusions of stooping down to being wearing wooden shoes and big starched bonnets while grazing on tulips, then he's best served to join you. If he's interested in using his power, then he's best to stay where he is. But he might pick one or the other for the sake of Pacifica.

Next to that as a comment on Triyun's first screen shot, this I always wanted to say to the vox people: The way you try to create a shift in the way the global power is distributed is wrong. The easiest way to unite different alliances under one common banner is to create one common enemy, Vox has played the role of common enemy very well.

We shoot ourselves in the foot so hard, in fact, that FoK's president was able to veto the member referendum to leave Continuum when he explained to them that the new Vox common enemy made their position stronger than ever.

This stuff is just getting boring now, I mean the odd, NPO if teh bul 1nz rant was dull enough but seriously you girls are going to be doing this once a week now.

This is week 4, buddy.

Fun TWiP Fact: Z'ha'dum actually claims we did just that to his nation.