This Week in the Network

Schattenmann

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I forgot what a cesspit this place is. 

A couple of hints for those of you going on and on in here.   Stop trying to take random people's personal opinions and transform them into official alliance policies.  Stop trying to pretend you actually have the faintest idea of what another alliance you aren't in (whether that's ODN, an ODN ally, WTF, or anyone else) actually thinks or is doing.    If you are *actually* curious, as opposed to trying to make PR points, you could try the novel approach of politely *asking* what you are wondering.  Politely even (heaven forbid)  Instead of working yourself up into a PR frenzy.   ::amused:: But I suppose that would defeat the point of threads like this?

All i've seen the last dozen or so pages in htis thread are the same band of idiots going in circles asserting that their views MUST be true when it comes to their analysis of the situation.  Despite not being remotely connected to anyone involved.  And then latching on to random phrases person x makes (ussualy taken out of context) to try and score PR points or pretending their opinions are official alliance policies.

I suppose its too much to hope that we have a real discussion and not political hackery ((I feel like i'm on a program of the old cnn crossfire heh)).  To those of you who back WTF... you might find you actually convince more people if you tried to calmly talk about the issues.  Acknowledging where DBDC maybe messed up and where WTF also messed up.  And held the convo in the hopes of having an informative and interesting discussion on a complicated situation (these things are NEVER cut and dry, and you expose your ignorance if you think it is).  I'm a naive optimisted, I know... maybe one day though we will manage that here.

If you are interested in knowing ODN's actual stance on things, I encourage you to visit our forums:  Come to your embassy (or make one if you don't have one) and politely actually inquire.  We are an open alliance and more than happy to share our thoughts, plans, policies, etc with people.  When they ask politely and are interested in actual discussion as opposed to rabble rousing.

Edited by OsRavan

I'm delighted to say that ODN would have our support as they do in all things. 

Probably not the most sought after of things these days.

CnG has long since ran it's course.

He left multiple alliances on the eve of war to save his stats before joining DBDC.

That's a summary of more than a few in the super tier, no doubt.

Probably not the most sought after of things these days.

CnG has long since ran it's course.

That's a summary of more than a few in the super tier, no doubt.

No they went the 'honorable' route of making side agreements with each other because of the movement I've dubbed "friends>alliance"

A couple of hints for those of you going on and on in here.   Stop trying to take random people's personal opinions and transform them into official alliance policies.  Stop trying to pretend you actually have the faintest idea of what another alliance you aren't in (whether that's ODN, an ODN ally, WTF, or anyone else) actually thinks or is doing.    If you are *actually* curious, as opposed to trying to make PR points, you could try the novel approach of politely *asking* what you are wondering.  Politely even (heaven forbid)  Instead of working yourself up into a PR frenzy.   ::amused:: But I suppose that would defeat the point of threads like this?

All i've seen the last dozen or so pages in htis thread are the same band of idiots going in circles asserting that their views MUST be true when it comes to their analysis of the situation.  Despite not being remotely connected to anyone involved.  And then latching on to random phrases person x makes (ussualy taken out of context) to try and score PR points or pretending their opinions are official alliance policies.

Yeah that old chestnut would work, if you ignore that those people were sent to WTF forums on official diplomatic business.

Or does ODN send just random members to do their diplomacy?

I suppose its too much to hope that we have a real discussion and not political hackery ((I feel like i'm on a program of the old cnn crossfire heh)).  To those of you who back WTF... you might find you actually convince more people if you tried to calmly talk about the issues.  Acknowledging where DBDC maybe messed up and where WTF also messed up.  And held the convo in the hopes of having an informative and interesting discussion on a complicated situation (these things are NEVER cut and dry, and you expose your ignorance if you think it is).  I'm a naive optimisted, I know... maybe one day though we will manage that here.

If you are interested in knowing ODN's actual stance on things, I encourage you to visit our forums:  Come to your embassy (or make one if you don't have one) and politely actually inquire.  We are an open alliance and more than happy to share our thoughts, plans, policies, etc with people.  When they ask politely and are interested in actual discussion as opposed to rabble rousing.

Honestly has it even changed?  This seems to me like its the way its always been, with people having their own opinions and no amount of discussion, fact, propaganda, or hyperbole will change their opinion.. 

Honestly has it even changed?  This seems to me like its the way its always been, with people having their own opinions and no amount of discussion, fact, propaganda, or hyperbole will change their opinion.. 

Os just gets frustrated when things aren't going his way and his standard is ::chuckle:: "the OWF sucks".  But I don't see him, or ODN under his 1000-year reign, doing anything to fix it or enact their own vision.

Edited by Schattenmann

Actually I always say the OWF sucks.  lol whether I get my way or not.  And im not sure how i'm not 'getting my way' with this thread (or what my way actually is?)

And takes two to tango.  Im more than happy to have a serious conversation on the matter.  And a polite one.  Im less interested in catering to the PR spin of a bunch of knuckle-heads heh. 

You schatt just seem to get obsessed with anything to do with me.  I still say its kinda creepy.  I almost feel like you probably have a room in your house with a thousand pictures of me pasted all over it.

edit to add: And for rebel.  As anyone with an embassy with us could attest, we actually let all members go and post wherever they want. OWF, other alliance embassies, etc.  We certainly dont limit it to gov.  It allows on the whole for richer and wider conversation.  But if something is an official ODN policy, we will always make sure to qualify it as such.  If not its people expressing their opinions.  Part of what I like about ODN is we are more than content to let different people share different thoughts.  We arent required to walk in lockstep on things.  Half of our 'diplomats' to foreign alliances are actually just random members who like hanging out with those alliances.

Edited by OsRavan

You schatt just seem to get obsessed with anything to do with me.  I still say its kinda creepy.  I almost feel like you probably have a room in your house with a thousand pictures of me pasted all over it.

Speaking of creepy, if I had given you my address when you asked for it, you could come and check your suspicions.

A broken democracy has left you as the hetman at ODN for almost the entirety of the past 3 years, when/if I say "OsRavan" I am either giving the rest of the alliance the benefit of the doubt that it's just you, or I am giving you the credit and position in my speaking that ODN's electorate has given you. 

Don't like it?  Retire.

ODN, clearly diplomacy has fallen through, just attack WTF already. It would make things so much more interesting. 

Good heavens, and end this beautiful catastrophe? By all means, Os, please, continue to compound the failures of ODN to cogently deal with a sovereign alliance by continuing to post here.

I don't have time to read this whole thing.  Read the 1st and last pages.  Seems to me the rest is just a bunch of he said/she said, nonsense.  ODN should follow through on their threats, because let's be honest; even, as I am sure they were, taken out of context, it is clear from the OP that is what was happening.  WTF should respond accordingly.  It would seem to work out well for all of us in the popcorn theater.

:popcorn:

Only we haven't actually made 'threats' heh.  Other then "If you attack us we'll smash you"

Near as I can see there is some weird feedback loop where people who don't like us keep talking about us 'threatening people' and then using their own comments about threats to scream at ODN for making threats....

edit to add: And for schatt. I'm glad to see ODN has such a concerned advocate in you ::eye roll::.  Hint, when we want your opinion on our democracy we'll ask for it.  Until then it can just fall under yet another example of you PR bsing about other alliances cause you don't like their politics.

Edited by OsRavan

edit to add: And for rebel.  As anyone with an embassy with us could attest, we actually let all members go and post wherever they want. OWF, other alliance embassies, etc.  We certainly dont limit it to gov.  It allows on the whole for richer and wider conversation.  But if something is an official ODN policy, we will always make sure to qualify it as such.  If not its people expressing their opinions.  Part of what I like about ODN is we are more than content to let different people share different thoughts.  We arent required to walk in lockstep on things.  Half of our 'diplomats' to foreign alliances are actually just random members who like hanging out with those alliances.

Sure that is how normal embassies run and work around most if not all alliances, but there is a vast difference between members goofing around like 99.9% of the time in foreign embassies and diplomatic talks on the situation with DBDC and ceasing it. At worse non of them should of brought up that topic and demands if it wasn't policy, at best someone was interjecting in an issue above their pay grade.

Such untenable wit, no wonder you hear so much about that DBDC thing; some real new age stuff here.

This isn't new age stuff either, but I wouldn't expect a baby nation to have any grasp on what is new or old age in this world.

........................................................................................

Anyway no more replies will be given from me .....

I wanted to hear so much more wisdom from you.

Are we being bullied?  I hadn't thought we were, but if you insist star. 

Being more serious, what we have here is pretty classic.  A bunch of people don't like our allies.  So you are nitpicking over what we say to try and build up the outrage machine.  When WTF said similar things to us you didn't care.  If we had said it to another alliance you wouldn't care.   But because theres a little political dust up going on here, you see a chance to try and score some PR points.  The you being a general.

I didn't see anythng in the odn/wtf conversations... going *EITHER* way... that was truly threatening or anything more than the usual CN bs chatting.  

Edited by OsRavan

This isn't new age stuff either, but I wouldn't expect a baby nation to have any grasp on what is new or old age in this world.

Assumptions are great.  Nation age doesnt always reflect age in this world. Flaunting game is on point though. 

Are we being bullied?  I hadn't thought we were, but if you insist star. 

Being more serious, what we have here is pretty classic.  A bunch of people don't like our allies.  So you are nitpicking over what we say to try and build up the outrage machine.  When WTF said similar things to us you didn't care.  If we had said it to another alliance you wouldn't care.   But because theres a little political dust up going on here, you see a chance to try and score some PR points.  The you being a general.

I didn't see anythng in the odn/wtf conversations... going *EITHER* way... that was truly threatening or anything more than the usual CN bs chatting.  

Wait, did I miss something? Did WTF go to your forums and make overly aggressive statements before this incident?

If not, then drop that argument, because it is a truly awful defense for your actions.