• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In related news.

A girl talked to no one in this thread.

*says girls talk to nobody in this thread*

*contributes to thread*

You're not the sharpest knife are you?

OOC: You literally can't make fun of people for playing CN when you've spent more money on it than all of us combined (and more).

Edited by Starfox101

*contributes to thread*

OOC: You literally can't make fun of people for playing CN when you've spent more money on it than all of us combined (and more).

Some of these people struggle to even be a knife let alone sharp.  I would suggest more spoon-like than anything.  I did particularly enjoy the throwaway line SF.

People are on Bob for a multitude of reasons, it is time however to be clear that my reasons, and that of many people who play for similar outcomes,  are under threat to a level never seen before.  If things are not bought back to a more even keel we can expect this world to suffer the same fate as many others.  You do not have to cater for all tastes in your own personal outlook, but you do need to at least understand how much even the parasites are required in the greater bob biosphere.... or not and risk being the biggest fish in an empty pond and the only one left with an actual investment in said pond.

*contributes to thread*

Are you talking IC or OOC there?  More curious since you are trying to claim I am not the sharpest knife. 

Lol and what money have I spent on this game?  and what is the more?

I got a kick out of the 13yr old comment.  Also, pretty pumped I started this game when I was 6 years old.

In related news, Cuba has now dropped to #3 in tech and is dangerously close to #2 in NS.

Cute, but it's not really a true indicator of NS, since he currently has 25 infrastructure. It appears they're justtt about out of nations to mindlessly throw at him for a sub 2k tech loss over the course of a week, so this looks like it's the extent of their damage. :smug:

Pacifist, peaceful, neutral, isolationist and non-interventionist all have different meaning.

Problem is, too often the debate loses sight of the meaning - and here I am not anymore talking of just discussion over "neutrality/neutrals" - and it just devolves into bickering and poor PR strategies based on and because of semantics. It really is an impoverished attitude that is responsible for much of the deterioration of the level of discourse.

Cheap discourses drive quality discourses away, leading to short sighted and Pyrrhic dialectic "victories" that eventually just bring all of us to the worse possible payoff in the game*.

(Also senile grumpies etc. - please disregard and carry on.)

* [ooc] "The game" refers to game theory, not to CN. [/ooc]

The false premise being that there was any higher level of discourse to begin with.

--

It's an important distinction, for even GPA (or its members, more accurately --) does not take a neutral stance on world events from time to time.

Additionally, merely being neutral in a given conflict or event does not indemnify the rest of the world against potential acts of harm from said entity.

I have a hard time levying sympathy for folks who by definition offer no support to others in affairs and also in part do not necessarily forsake the use of arms against others.

All credibility over a debate of sorts over just and warranted attacks go out the window when said alliances never offer it in return for others.

Edited by IYIyTh

The false premise being that there was any higher level of discourse to begin with.

--

It's an important distinction, for even GPA (or its members, more accurately --) does not take a neutral stance on world events from time to time.

Additionally, merely being neutral in a given conflict or event does not indemnify the rest of the world against potential acts of harm from said entity.

I have a hard time levying sympathy for folks who by definition offer no support to others in affairs and also in part do not necessarily forsake the use of arms against others.

All credibility over a debate of sorts over just and warranted attacks go out the window when said alliances never offer it in return for others.

Sympathy for WTF is not prerequisite to gawking at ODN's idiocy, and you'll find no call for sympathy in the broadcast for that reason.  It is precisely the nature of ideals that anyone can be substituted for WTF and DBDC and the conclusion that ODN are jackasses is the same despite OsRavan's protestations. ::snort::

Cute, but it's not really a true indicator of NS, since he currently has 25 infrastructure. It appears they're justtt about out of nations to mindlessly throw at him for a sub 2k tech loss over the course of a week, so this looks like it's the extent of their damage. :smug:

The extent of their damage is ~30k tech behind Hime imo. He started ~10k tech behind iirc.

I'm sure someone who pays attention to those kind of things closer than I do can correct me though.

The extent of their damage is ~30k tech behind Hime imo. He started ~10k tech behind iirc.

I'm sure someone who pays attention to those kind of things closer than I do can correct me though.

He started off at around 78k tech and is currently at 65k tech.

I disagree, strongly, but even just the potential for such a level of discourse is sufficient as a premise for my reasoning.

Any recent significant example? I'd be surprised if you could cite any but admittedly I'm not all-knowing.

Being neutral for several years is rather different from being neutral for select conflicts.
Peaceful parties aren't pacifist: no one should be surprised if they react in arms when attacked.
I don't get what sympathy has to do with any of this. I'd say that there are parties that you can trust not to meddle with your affairs as long as you leave them alone, and parties that will instead come knocking to your door regardless of what you do. It's also plenty of parties that you can not trust. Then you're free to have sympathy for whatever of these you like most, that's a personal choice... it's not politics. Edited by jerdge

He started off at around 78k tech and is currently at 65k tech.

Cuba had 82,513.75 tech on 2015-01-22 and has 65,825.91 right now.
Hime had 88,772.50 tech on 2015-01-23 and has 91,992.50 right now.

Though, as oya stated, I'm not sure how many more nations WTF can even get into Cuba's range right now. They only have ~5 nations with enough tech to buy infra into range if they can afford it, and all the me-too's have done a good job of covering nations, so this is likely close to the end of the fireworks in the supertier.

In related news, Cuba has now dropped to #3 in tech and is dangerously close to #2 in NS.

Just as a lot of people predicted. No nation is invincible, anyone can take out anyone with enough drive & determination. I mean hell.. Just look at Fishguts!

Cuba had 82,513.75 tech on 2015-01-22 and has 65,825.91 right now.
Hime had 88,772.50 tech on 2015-01-23 and has 91,992.50 right now.

Though, as oya stated, I'm not sure how many more nations WTF can even get into Cuba's range right now. They only have ~5 nations with enough tech to buy infra into range if they can afford it, and all the me-too's have done a good job of covering nations, so this is likely close to the end of the fireworks in the supertier.

Hopefully GPA has learned from this for when it is inevitably their turn again.

Hopefully GPA has learned from this for when it is inevitably their turn again.

I'd go take a glance at GPA's supertier, I don't think DBDC is going to be pulling one of these wars upon GPA unless they can get someone else to do the heavy lifting.

I'd go take a glance at GPA's supertier

Before the current war, WTF top tier was more powerful then GPA top tier. WTF had less nations in top 250 then GPA (although the difference was not that big), but WTF had some of the most tech heavy nations (especially if you also include MUD Empire - and the fact he is going to return from inactivity was known before the war).

Edited by murtibing

Before the current war, WTF top tier was more powerful then GPA top tier. WTF had less nations in top 250 then GPA (although the difference was not that big), but WTF had some of the most tech heavy nations (especially if you also include MUD Empire - and the fact he is going to return from inactivity was known before the war).

You're not seeing what should be readily apparent, to further assist you, look at GPA's anarchy statistics, and then the military(soldier count) of their top 30 or so. WTF actually was willing to fight on the ground, GPA will make any war with them in the upper levels entirely destructive.

Edited by Mogar

You're not seeing what should be readily apparent, to further assist you, look at GPA's anarchy statistics, and then the military(soldier count) of their top 30 or so. WTF actually was willing to fight on the ground, GPA will make any war with them in the upper levels entirely destructive.

uhhhh, no.  As someone who fought them and didn't spectate, they were not willing to fight on the ground AT ALL.  They sold their soldiers immediately and turtledfrom the initial blitz to now. 

Edited by o ya baby