This Week in the Network

Schattenmann

I was never misled. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into Asa.

I hit CT because I chose to.

Nobody asked me to, I offered.

And I never asked Caustic to do anything. I made it clear internally that this was me hitting CT and I'd take whatever counter WTF threw my way with eagerness. If he said something different then please tell me.

YOU flat out told tapley in-game you were hitting a rogue nation. Everyone with reading skills and who checked his war history could plainly see he wasn't one.

So, were you making up stories then with the excuse you used? Or now?

Were you misled? Or just lying?

Edited by Asa Phillips

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU flat out told tapley in-game you were hitting a rogue nation. Everyone with reading skills and who checked his war history could plainly see he wasn't one.

He chose to hit a rogue even if it rustled WTF's jimmies. Really, it's Mogar who should be upset. It's the only one who gets to rustle jimmies around here.

He chose to hit a rogue even if it rustled WTF's jimmies. Really, it's Mogar who should be upset. It's the only one who gets to rustle jimmies around here.

See, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm trying to have a reasonable discussion, while you just hammer away with the wrong information trying to get a rise out of whoever you can using typical OWF tactics? I might take you seriously enough to reply, again, addressing the CT/rogue situation. That said, just scroll back... or try your nonsense with someone else.

Cuba understood it on the first try once it was made clear, and he more than anyone would have reasonable justification to want to ignore the facts.

Edited by Asa Phillips

Fact 3: The member you quoted (OS) was perfectly polite in his post.   But you have decided to asign hidden meanings and atributes to his words because you really know what he was 'trying' to say.  Why dont you read what he ACTUALLY said.  Or if you want to know what he intended try the novel solution of asking him.

That's just it, there's nothing hidden or secret about it, though it does come through that he's *trying* very hard to be covert.

End of the day, there is no way to say we can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way and have it not be a threat.

You wrapped yourself into pretzels trying, but it just is not possible.

CT was a rogue nation.

I decided to hit him while he was in range...

What is so hard to understand about this?

I've hit rogue nations before... Why should just the alliances he was roguing get to play? Edited by Stewie

CT was a rogue nation.

I've hit rogue nations before... Why should just the alliances he was roguing get to play?

So, just to be clear... its completely ok in the future that anytime a nation is at war with nations from another alliance as part of a war between two alliances? Any opportunist can hit them right?

So if NG attacked ODN someday? And you were at war with ODN nations, its perfectly fine for someone else to consider you a rogue and jump on?

Edited by Asa Phillips

No, the point is people are fine with others being attacked but only have a problem when its being done by DBDC.  Months ago you people would have given anything to see WTF hit DBDC because at the time DBDC had the stats in place for an interesting matchup. 

Now that DBDC has crushed them we have the standard anti DBDC cheerleaders here.  At least it appears WTF is having some fun, It doesn't sound like the anti DBDC crowd is though.

I'm not "you people".  If you know anything of my history, I've never been "you people", though clearly people think I was/am.  From time to time I do however step forward on behalf of underdogs.

But just from a strictly military perspective, sending in WTF alone would be classified as a suicide mission.  If the thing was to be done at all, it would have taken a coordinated effort by number of alliances, WTF being one of them.

Oh and...you seem to have forgot who attacked whom first.   <_<

Edited by ChairmanHal

CT was a rogue nation.

I've hit rogue nations before... Why should just the alliances he was roguing get to play?

That's a very good question. Hopefully there won't be a global war started over that very pretense.

That's a very good question. Hopefully there won't be a global war started over that very pretense.

He was fighting an ally and the ally didn't have an issue with me joining in.

If people want to come white knight WTF and hit me.

Bring.

It.

On.

My body is ready.

I'm not "you people".  If you know anything of my history, I've never been "you people", though clearly people think I was/am.  From time to time I do however step forward on behalf of underdogs.

But just from a strictly military perspective, sending in WTF alone would be classified as a suicide mission.  If the thing was to be done at all, it would have taken a coordinated effort by number of alliances, WTF being one of them.

Oh and...you seem to have forgot who attacked whom first.   <_<

I know who you are, I was there when you got your first govern\m/ent gig.

I've said before, WTF defending themselves is fine.  But they could have had peace a while ago, so you can't really complain about DBDC keeping WTF at war when its WTF who is keeping DBDC at war.  Well, all 3 of them that WTF can hit.  Most of DBDC is currently fighting WTF due to lack of range.

Being more serious, what we have here is pretty classic.  A bunch of people don't like our allies.  

The fact that we also don't like your allies is actually pretty damn irrelevant to this thread.

ODN has always been a joke of an alliance.  This is just one more chapter in that book.  

B+ for the attempt to deflect blame.  But this thread is about YOUR actions, not your allies.

The fact that we also don't like your allies is actually pretty damn irrelevant to this thread.

ODN has always been a joke of an alliance.  This is just one more chapter in that book.  

B+ for the attempt to deflect blame.  But this thread is about YOUR actions, not your allies.

It's an opinion thread written by Schattenmann.  Therefore, it's about schatt.  ODN is just his target, people can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think for the second time in a row.

Edited by White Chocolate

He was fighting an ally and the ally didn't have an issue with me joining in.

If people want to come white knight WTF and hit me.

Bring.

It.

On.

My body is ready.

Crazy how tough one gets when the numbers are on their side.

I remember you surrendering to Polar after vowing to fight forever, quitting, and joining GPA while sitting out a major war and watching NG get rolled.

Times change, people change.

Edited by Starfox101

Crazy how tough one gets when the numbers are on their side.

I remember you surrendering to Polar after vowing to fight forever, quitting, and joining GPA while sitting out a major war and watching NG get rolled.

Times change, people change.

I was actually allowed to peace out by dajobo as I was at 24 days and about to delete

So, just to be clear... its completely ok in the future that anytime a nation is at war with nations from another alliance as part of a war between two alliances? Any opportunist can hit them right?

So if NG attacked ODN someday? And you were at war with ODN nations, its perfectly fine for someone else to consider you a rogue and jump on?

Sure, it'd be within their rights to do so, and NG would be within it's rights to call in allies.

WTF is currently within it's rights to call in allies as well.. but, oh wait, you believe you don't need any. Welp, every action has consequence. Stop crying about being disadvantaged, you choose to be so.

Yeah, Dajobo is known for being notoriously nice...just ask Tywin.

I have no idea how Dajobo has survived our forums. Grub makes sure his posts are long enough that you can't see anything but his words in a thread. I never knew there were so many ways to say "I don't like you and enjoy telling you that". It's one of his many charms.

It's an opinion thread written by Schattenmann.  Therefore, it's about schatt.  ODN is just his target, people can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think for the second time in a row.

I don't know why people don't know the difference between the author and the subject.  I mean, this is pretty basic comprehension skills.

WTF is currently within it's rights to call in allies as well.. but, oh wait, you believe you don't need any. Welp, every action has consequence. Stop crying about being disadvantaged, you choose to be so.

Caliph... Is that you Caliph? :lol1:

Either that, or its another one of those folks who thinks just because THEY say something they know little to nothing about, that their opinion must indeed be fact. :rolleyes:

Edited by Asa Phillips

Either that, or its another one of those folks who thinks just because THEY say something they know little to nothing about, that their opinion must indeed be fact. :rolleyes:

Does WTF have allies? Other than getting intelligence from Fark. Because I don't think that's going to help. 

I'm calling you out, Franz Ferdinand. Asa has just shown that you have not been updating the wiki enough. I expect to see a full rundown of their allies by tomorrow.

Imagine when the day comes that one of these guys says the sky is purple! stop the presses, it must be true.

No, this is the real Caliph right here, though I can have a big ego too at times :D

Look, you are free to do whatever you want.  I'm glad you finally mustered up the courage to hit Cuba, for example.  But there are consequences, political and non political, to most actions.  Most of us play the political game as well.  WTF doesn't.  Part of playing the politic game is having friends and allies who have your back.  Part of not playing the politic game is relying on the good will of others to not attack you.

Does WTF have allies? Other than getting intelligence from Fark. Because I don't think that's going to help. 

I'm calling you out, Franz Ferdinand. Asa has just shown that you have not been updating the wiki enough. I expect to see a full rundown of their allies by tomorrow.

You completely missed the point. Somewhere many pages ago I stated that there seem to be select people who think they know what goes on within WTF and how we feel about certain things. And because THEY say it, it most certainly must be true. A lot of folks would have a lot less to say if they made their statements on actual facts.

Look, you are free to do whatever you want.  I'm glad you finally mustered up the courage to hit Cuba, for example.  But there are consequences, political and non political, to most actions.  Most of us play the political game as well.  WTF doesn't.  Part of playing the politic game is having friends and allies who have your back.  Part of not playing the politic game is relying on the good will of others to not attack you.

It hardly was courage. Anyone who thinks that courage is needed to play a consequence-free online nation building simulator? Needs to rethink how their life has gone thus far. It was a matter of waiting just like every WTF nation before me did. Again, you state your opinion as fact when it is not.

Next you'll respond as if the NS that will be lost in our war is a reflection on me as a person, and perhaps I'll feign sadness to humor you so you aren't wrong ALL the time. Weeks ago Cuba knew he should expect a declaration from me in the future, because I told him. You need a screen cap? Or for once will the boring un-warped and un-opinionated truth actually suffice? :lol1:

As for the rest, I've addressed that prior. No need to waste either of our time.

At least you didnt try to convince me again that we're convinced that we're winning. This time.

Edited by Asa Phillips

You completely missed the point. Somewhere many pages ago I stated that there seem to be select people who think they know what goes on within WTF and how we feel about certain things. And because THEY say it, it most certainly must be true. A lot of folks would have a lot less to say if they made their statements on actual facts.

It hardly was courage. Anyone who thinks that courage is needed to play a consequence-free online nation building simulator? Needs to rethink how their life has gone thus far. It was a matter of waiting just like every WTF nation before me did. Again, you state your opinion as fact when it is not.

Next you'll respond as if the NS that will be lost in our war is a reflection on me as a person, and perhaps I'll feign sadness to humor you so you aren't wrong ALL the time. Weeks ago Cuba knew he should expect a declaration from me in the future, because I told him. You need a screen cap? Or for once will the boring un-warped and un-opinionated truth actually suffice? :lol1:

As for the rest, I've addressed that prior. No need to waste either of our time.

At least you didnt try to convince me again that we're convinced that we're winning. This time.

Not sure why you'd want the sloppy seconds, get in while the gettings good.  Instead you let every WTF who could go before you, and then only now hit Cuba.  I get that its part of your strategy, but leaders should lead from the front.  First in, last out. You should have been one of the first to hit Cuba, instead you are so far the last.