This Week in the Network

Schattenmann

Agreed. We should take every opportunity to crap all over people who are involved in the econ side of things. For no reason in particular, too. That's right. Just to add a little jab because they're bothering us. They deserve it, what with their getting so much recognition outside their alliance, plus all the gold and women.

Seriously, Hal. This is officially the weirdest thing you've ever posted.

(Plus, the complaint was from me and it was Iron and Lumber.)

I ran the econ side of things at Valhalla for a couple of years before moving up.  If he can't take the jab, he shouldn't be doing econ.  It requires a thicker skin than most positions.  The *point* is that he needs to stop using other people as a threat.  That is not his place.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran the econ side of things at Valhalla for a couple of years before moving up.  If he can't take the jab, he shouldn't be doing econ.  It requires a thicker skin than most positions.  The *point* is that he needs to stop using other people as a threat.  That is not his place.

No, the point is people are fine with others being attacked but only have a problem when its being done by DBDC.  Months ago you people would have given anything to see WTF hit DBDC because at the time DBDC had the stats in place for an interesting matchup. 

Now that DBDC has crushed them we have the standard anti DBDC cheerleaders here.  At least it appears WTF is having some fun, It doesn't sound like the anti DBDC crowd is though.

It's a good thing we have ChairmanHal to keep us all on point with his ineffable wisdom. With his expertise in economics perhaps can cut to the essentials of the matter involving DBDC and WTF that the rest of us simply cannot grasp.

Edited by Emperor Marx

So 7 CnG nations being protected from raids in the "god tier" is worth more than the protection of other 308 nations not in it? That you would consider openly supporting wanton destruction of CnG members nations for the sole reason of defending a rogue alliance doing a botched up raid is naive at best and idiotic at worse.

That's if you could even sell the war to your members.

lol wut?

DBDC can speak up for themselves if they disagree. That they haven't means bad times for Valhalla. Speculation is not a monopoly of AA leadership. They usually have to be more careful since they can't just be kicked from the AA if they make someone angry.

Are you angry, Mr. Hal? Perhaps you should have a long talk with Caustic. He's got choice photographs that will ease your worries and make you forget all about the big, bad DBDC. Or you could always visit the NG forums. Yours is the only embassy that we will never archive.

And don't worry about my skin. I've been banned from #nongrata, #grata, the IRON forums, and the Non Grata forums. Made it back to all four in one piece. I think I can handle a jolly "Viking pat on the back with a knife".

In the meantime, WTF should be having more fun now than they've ever had. I wonder if they'll join us in the treaty web now that they have a little radiation in their blood.They'd probably be better off making peace and joining up with a couple other AAs. Even just having Fark by their side in an ODP would make things more difficult for DBDC.

It just amazes me how so many of you know what's in OUR best interests.  :lol1:

You must be new here.  Everyone knows your best interests and all your plans before you do.  Thats just how it works here on the OWF.

TLR isnt exactly the most active, it's the other two members of C&G that would need to be sold on the war, and after Atlas's performance last war and considering how GATO operates to declare war, I suspect that would be unlikely, at best.

Knowing our membership they wouldn't have to sell us. If they declared and invoked CnG we would ride to war as the treaty demands. A lot of us may not like it and our continued membership in CnG after would likely be in question but we wouldn't break the treaty.

lol wut?

Essentially, he's saying you would be kissing ass so DBDC leaves the tiny smattering of nations it can reach in CnG alone for the now but in the process sending a majority of our nations through the meatgrinder........ Seems counter-intuitive.

Knowing our membership they wouldn't have to sell us. If they declared and invoked CnG we would ride to war as the treaty demands. A lot of us may not like it and our continued membership in CnG after would likely be in question but we wouldn't break the treaty.

Essentially, he's saying you would be kissing ass so DBDC leaves the tiny smattering of nations it can reach in CnG alone for the now but in the process sending a majority of our nations through the meatgrinder........ Seems counter-intuitive.

Breaking C&G up is probably for the best anyways, it's not like your FA paths are cohesive at this point. Why wait until you are forced into a position you won't agree with but will have to fight for? 

#teamNPO

I don't doubt that, but I also believe(surprisingly), that ODN is intelligent enough to not pull a RoK.

You must be new here.  Everyone knows your best interests and all your plans before you do.  Thats just how it works here on the OWF.

Man why did you go and say something I agree with. :gag:

So basically the reason alliances have allied with DBDC and will drop them once the threat is over or thrill is gone. But since CT did it as a single nation he's a slime ball while you're politically-savvy.

Spare me.

I have no idea about CT's past or character but I've gleaned enough to know he doesn't sound any different from any alliance, and once you get to the "god" tier, a nation can pretty much act as an alliance.

He left multiple alliances on the eve of war to save his stats before joining DBDC.

TLR isnt exactly the most active, it's the other two members of C&G that would need to be sold on the war, and after Atlas's performance last war and considering how GATO operates to declare war, I suspect that would be unlikely, at best.

Last time I needed an overnight lover they were active enough to provide me with an ample supply of lovers.  The key is to give them something they desperately can't get enough of.  In this case, me.

A bloc with a nearly non existant "god tier" shouldn't need DBDC as it serves no political purpose, where as their treaty with the bloc does as seen in this topic with ODN's cloak and dagger threats along with blatant ones. But given CnG recent track record they could of found a better lapdog :)

I don't expect you to understand because WTF doesn't have allies but saying "I'd back your move ODN" isn't a threat.

It means if it comes down to it I will be a part of the 1000 nations promised to be meat shields for the puppet masters. I haven't always been in the WTF I understand treaties and such. Which is why I understand that any attack on the WTF including the attacks by DBDC and the baby Doombirds are unprovoked. And would be hard to justify by any respectable AA.  

I think the anti-DBDC sentiment has overwhelmed this nuance. I know you're being funny, but it's true.
This is not a thread about DBDC.
What makes ODN look so stupid here are a few things:
The outright lies about ODN's character. I often wonder if they believe what they're saying, but it is clear that Peaches like his predecessor OsRavan has settled on deliberate doublespeak. Its creepy.
DBDC, as far as anyone knows and I don't post anything I don't know because I dislike apologies and retractions (though I'm not infallible), has not asked ODN to do this. I have no evidwnce that DBDC prompted this, I don't say they did. Everyone says DBDC is wrecking WTF, so why has ODN gone out on a limb for noob cake or DBDC?
The cavalry is not coming. Garion says nay, STA says fat chance, GATO says hell no. Theres no 1000-nation backup, and ODN itself is too soon out of war to take on even a war-weary WTF. Sure, sure, "bucovina wasn't official and he shot off his mouth," but Shinnra made clear enough threats, too.
Why is ODN trying (miserably) to white knight an alliance that says it doesnt need help or want help? Browse the DBDC embassy: DBDC is clear that they expected WTF to fight longterm, and this war has not even been that long. Peaches admonished me to look at the situation, and honestly I admit stats bore and confuse me, so I had no idea WTF has only 4 wars. But what does Peaches think he was proving? It doesn't matter. ODN is eating !@#$ over 4 wars? That makes it that much more hilarious from this side of the desk!
I have plenty to day about DBDC, but Caladin and others have aptly cut through the crap: ODN apparently decided to prove what good allies and negotiators they are without consulting with DBDC and now they both look as stupid as ODN is. They are condescending and impotent in this expedition, and they might even start a serious war, and that is the story.
This is one treaty that has reached diminishing returns.

I am still very delighted that you are obsessed by ODN, but please don't take words out of the context:
Some WTF guy said he'll attack Overlord Shinnra and Peacheslll and i told him that if he would do that 1000 nations are expecting him.

Now let me explain what this means for the people with an IQ lower than 50 (check for yourselves what this means): it means that in the event of a direct atack on an ODN member, we will probably call our MD and oD parteners in.

Now if someone still didn't understand what those "1000" nations mean (probably their IQ is somewhere near 30) please tell me and i'll try to paint it out for you.

Looking forward to Schattenmann's next article.

Now let me explain what this means for the people with an IQ lower than 50 (check for yourselves what this means): it means that in the event of a direct atack on an ODN member, we will probably call our MD and oD parteners in.

If you're looking for a clever way of calling people retarded, you should at least get the cut-off score right.

That range is where retardation starts. 50-55 is mild mental retardation. Now don't laugh about this condition, i know people like that and let me tell you it's something verry sad. Unfortunately God didn't make all people smart.