So long and thanks for all the fish...

Unknown Smurf

nu8puv7.png

When was the last time you were unsure what was going to happen next in CN? When was the last time 

you were caught off guard by a DoW? 

Pretty soon you will (if it has not come out by the time I make this post) you will hear me speak in an about-game interview regarding CN in what appears to be an OOC perspective. And going into the recording I intended to do that, I intended to speak about how I actually thought about CN alliances, treaties and spheres.. everything OOC.

But I realized during the 'interview' (after getting over the shock at how lame I was for doing an interview, no offense GeniusInc  :P  ) that this isn't truly me OOC. I don't know how I care about any alliance in CN from a purely OOC perspective. I don't know any of you, I don't hang out with you and have any OOC perspectives on any of you. In real life I make my decision on how I feel about a person based on how they treat others when they reap no benefit (waiter/maid/random person walking behind you into a public building) or when you're hammered drunk..-- how do you act when all the cards are all on the table (or when you're emotional if you're female)?* 

But in CN, all the cards are never on the table. All I know is who you are on IRC or Skype or whatever... I know what you want me to know -- and I don't mean physical information, but I mean mannerisms and stuff like that. Things that appear to be subconscious... are you going to message me as soon as I get online because you have no other friends or want me to think I'm you're good friend or are you going to play it cool? ...Or are you just afk and I overthinking everything? :v: 

But I digress... the point is that CN is a game. You should have fun with it. Your friends will still be your friends even if you go to war with them. It might be fun to just have one group of friends go to one corner of the globe and the other friends go to another corner of the globe and see who can build a stronger alliance to roll the other. If you have a RL friend like a roommate join CN you can plan on warring with each other 'x' days down the line and use all the clout you've built in CN over your years to kick his ass ).  

Just go to your friend or enemy and say: "Hey frienemy, 'X' days from now we will go to war with each other. Lets see who wins. Either party can use treaties or join unaware AAs or just recruit individuals to an AA they start in the meantime." Nothing beyond that, all is fair in love and war. Maybe make a pact to give the other a CB against the alliance they choose to join.. maybe.

Anyways I have convinced two of my RL friends to join CN. I am going to guide both of them without actually joining either side... I will answer their questions about nation building/make suggestions on how to achieve their goals but I will not actually give them goals (other than to beat the other guy) so I will see if they try to win politically or via nation building. Call it a social experiment if you will. I think they might recruit some other RL friends of ours into it and make us all pick sides and I think it'll be fun... maybe we will make a drinking game out of it... Therefore I am announcing Unknown Smurfs retirement from the political aspect of CN at the conclusion of this war.

Start your own dam wars.

Introduce a little anarchy into the established order. 

* = Or if you're enraged by that aka being a feminazi. 

Well that's something.  Uh, also not surprising.  We could all do with a little chaos here and there and it wouldn't be a bad thing, but this also sounds a little bit like being upset you did something that turned out to be a bad decision.

I think this is a wise decision.

Also, first first.

Edited by Orville Reginbacher

Well that's something.  Uh, also not surprising.  We could all do with a little chaos here and there and it wouldn't be a bad thing, but this also sounds a little bit like being upset you did something that turned out to be a bad decision.

I think this is a wise decision.

Also, first first.

Oh don't worry I'll completely support my 'final' actions. I stand by them and will defend them vehemently as a Kaskus MoFA. 

I'm just saying afterwards is afterwards.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

:facepalm:

You literally just told us you were retiring from politics.

A chain of events occurred that led to this outcome, this chain being heavily influenced by you managing to fuck your whole alliance into picking a fight you can't win.

Now do you see how I would think your retirement is a victory?

I mean I like smurf. Always said he'd be a great ally and I'd love to see him fighting alongside MI6 some day. 

That said holy shit man learn to control it. Whoever was whispering in your ear that this was a good idea didn't have your or your alliances best intentions in mind.

Also didn't realize where this thread was.

I mean you win some and you lose some Smurf. You gambled, sometimes roulette doesn't land on black when you bet red and sometimes it does.

Edited by IYIyTh

I know what you mean brah and I too brought a bunch of my friends into the game and half were excited about the game and the others were just trying it out...Well getting ganged banged by an alliance of experienced players in their first couple of weeks playing and then left hanging in the end needless to say ruined that experience for them...enjoy your retirement and we shall all fade away I guess and seek our entertainment elsewhere...o/ Unknown Smurf

It sounds to me like you're schizophrenic when it comes to CN and the 'two friends' you've recruited are your dual personalities clashing in your head, which is the root of all the chaotic decisions you've made.

I used to think CN politics was the epitome of timewasting and pretty much the height of cybernerddom.  Nothing has changed that.

If I were you I'd focus on separating OOC and IC, RL and CN-life.  The two shouldn't mix much and you shouldn't let IC bullshit bleed into your personal life and vice versa.  I doubt very few people act the way they do on these forums in everyday life, at least I hope not.

Personally I didn't mind US, I liked the ambition and sphere of influence.  I echo Franz' sentiment regarding your future.

Have fun retiring, you'll be back soon enough.

This reads like a concession of the moral purpose of this war and a failure of its strategic ambitions. Ah well, let the fighting continue, maybe things can be sorted out on the battlefield.

I am glad to see this is just a retirement of your position, because you still have a place in CN and are a valued contributor, Smurf.

Edited by Ch33kY

Smurf, I appreciate your willingness to progress things, consequences be damned. We could use more people like that. You are definitely one of the entertainers here, unlike those boring people complaining that they are bored.

We are somewhat similar in that aspect, and in the following as well: we aren't the most patient people. I still get some flak from my fellow FEAR gov from a couple of rash decisions I've made. For example - attacking the entirety of CnG, without double checking the treaties. Thus, I attacked ODN who was a proxy ally via UPN. Not to mention we lost the war. My rashness is why I'm not undisputed dictator of FEAR. I haven't been cautious/meticulous enough. Though, I like to think that I'm improving. :)

On the other hand, many people are too cautious and/or simply unimaginative. Neither extreme is preferable.

So, I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this other than to say, I think taking a break might be a good idea. You do need to step back and stop feeling so responsible for everyone's entertainment. We're all either boring ingrates, or we know how to entertain ourselves. Though, I hope you do not stay gone long. I have enjoyed getting to know you better this past year and you do make CN a more interesting place. You just need to slow down a bit, and stop putting the weight of the world on your shoulders. (Not an easy task, I still struggle with it myself)

Good luck my friend. I wish you well. o/

My query window is always open